PDA

View Full Version : Tights 101

BethCD
12-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi all,
Just like Wendy mentioned (looooking GOOD girl!!:D ) it's now tights season.
I've never worn tights and am wondering .....are they worth the extra cost, etc?
The warmth factor sounds great! But..how well will they hide my leg hair?
Probably won't be able to shave legs this winter, and tights may be my only option.

Thanks for your help, Beth
:rose: :confuse:

Paula Rae
12-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Beth,

Tights will hide your hair 100%, no need to worry, and they are great for the cold too.
I can attest to that as I started wearing them for warmth way before I cross dressed.

Rick B

Emma Chase
12-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey Beth

Yes if you buy a tight with a thicker denier - like the opaque. These come in 40, 60, 70 and 90 denier - the higher the number the thicker they are. So yes you will be able to cover your leg hair. They are also warmer, softer and feel great when you run your hand down your leg!

Sometimes girls say tights are uncomfortable. The only reason for this is that they have the incorrect size. This normally means it feels like the gusset of the tights is down by your knees. So pay attention to the sizing chart that is on the back and get the size that is most appropriate for your height/weight.

Enjoy!

Emma :)

Felicity
12-04-2005, 01:46 AM
The only warm tights I have found so far this year are the Xiliration tights at Target and the thicker tights that Old Navy sells. I'm not sure which of the two are warmer, but I'm nice and warm with one over the other! I still have a new Old Navy one unopened. The bulk is about 1-3/4" by 4-1/2" by 8-1/2" packaged.

Nordstroms had a selection of warmer ones, but they were $18.00. Really nice, but not as thick. The Old Naver were marked $7.50 but paid $5.00 each. The Target ones were $5.99 each. I'm going to still look other places and buy more. In my area, I didn't find acceptable ones at Fred Myer, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Rite Aid, Wallgreens, or Mervyns, although I was told Mervyns had the thicj ones. Anyone know?

However.... the thinner, smooth Danskin microfiber tights are warmer than regular tights for the thickness! I have them too, but they are like $12+

Unless you want them tight in the crotch, go for the woven thick ones. I've been wearing these daily under my male attire for warmth. I don't like to hold in the 'boys' when in male attire.

black leotards
12-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Have a look at tights sold by Hanna Andersson (http://www.hannaAndersson.com). They have thicker, ribbed and patterned tights that are better at passing as socks. The avatar photo show their nordic tights.

Try Kids Fashion Brokers too. (http://www.kidsfashionbrokers.com) They sell European tights that are thicker.

I have ordered from both over the Internet without any problems. Nice and cozy (and colorful too).

Cheers! :angel: