PDA

View Full Version : Slip ups

~Joanne~
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
How many of you girls have had some "slip ups" while in drab that had the potential to "out" you? Moments where you thought to yourself "oh geez, I think I just let the genie out to the world".

It's funny because My SO, since learning of my CDing, seems to do it quite often to me as we are out shopping. Last night she said "Do you want to pay for all of this together? or pay for your things separately?" Now the cashier is looking at me and the only things in the cart (hers were on the belt) were a skirt, Yoga pants, and a 2 pair box of Pantyhose. I wasn't caring at all so I said "I'll pay for mine separately". Nothing was said but I had to remind my SO "sweetie, I am out to you, not to the world" lol

This wasn't even My "slip up" yesterday. It happened at work. I was standing next to a girl who was boxing some things up and noticed her nail polish on her finger nails was in really bad shape. I said "You should repaint your nails or remove the polish. Try using a clear base coat and a couple coats after you paint them, they'll chip away less and last longer".

This girl and I are pretty good friends so it wasn't an out of line comment but she said "You know a lot about nail polish, I'll try that tonight". Quick thinking saved me by saying "I know a lot of things about the little things" which she laughed at but, while it may not have been a major slip up, it sure felt like one lol

Ever have one that you thought might out you? or that you would have to explain your knowledge on in detail or such?

Stephanie47
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Joanne, ever consider the possibility your SO is not exactly thrilled about your cross dressing, especially if you asked her not to 'out' you to the world. Hopefully your SO doesn't hold a dress on a hanger up to your chin and make comments too!

Any comments about the nail polish can be easily explained because your SO uses polish also.

Allison Chaynes
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
My wife has pointed out when my shirt became untucked and panties were visible. Outside of that, my mom was babysitting and decided to start doing laundry, luckily I had already sorted and put away my stuff.

FeminineEmoBoy
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I feel sorry for you guys who cant come out :( I have never had to hide it my family knows my friends and my gf before we even got together. i dunno how i would feel having to keep it secret. how do you cope or does the chance of being caught add a bit of thrill? x

Kelley
01-07-2013, 05:21 PM
While passing through a shopping center with my son in the car (20 yr. old) I noticed a shop I had not seen before. I said out loud, I didn't know there was a Cold Water Creek here. My son says do you shop at women's clothing stores? I thought for a second and said "ahhhh I thought it was one of those outfitters stores for hiking and camping. I think he bought it.

Maria S
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I feel sorry for you guys who cant come out :( I have never had to hide it my family knows my friends and my gf before we even got together. i dunno how i would feel having to keep it secret. how do you cope or does the chance of being caught add a bit of thrill? x

In general I'm at a stage I don't care any more. There are a few exceptions to this certain family members, neighbours and acquaintances. I don't want certain people to know to save their feelings but am glad when they do find out. A couple of good examples are 2 of my neighbours. The first one an elderly couple have seen me going out in the car and now when they see me dressed still talk to me as if it were the norm. The opposite of this is a couple with a 17 year old son. I know the woman has glimpsed at me coming home and once I opened the door to the son. Now mother and son ignore me dressed or not dressed - their loss. In both examples I now no longer have to hide it.

Maria

FeminineEmoBoy
01-07-2013, 05:52 PM
In general I'm at a stage I don't care any more. There are a few exceptions to this certain family members, neighbours and acquaintances. I don't want certain people to know to save their feelings but am glad when they do find out. A couple of good examples are 2 of my neighbours. The first one an elderly couple have seen me going out in the car and now when they see me dressed still talk to me as if it were the norm. The opposite of this is a couple with a 17 year old son. I know the woman has glimpsed at me coming home and once I opened the door to the son. Now mother and son ignore me dressed or not dressed - their loss. In both examples I now no longer have to hide it.

Maria

That is brilliant that your more open about it shame about one set of neighbors but their loss and i have had my fair share of unpleasant times due to being so open (I posted one on a thread earlier) so i can see how hard it is to be so open :/
I also see that it is more accepted now than it used to be ect ect but i just wanna say i respect that you and other members kept doing what you liked even when it was much less accepted I have had such an easy time really compared to some other people here i almost feel bad haha :) x

Jocelyn Quivers
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
In general I'm at a stage I don't care any more. There are a few exceptions to this certain family members, neighbours and acquaintances.

This is basically where I am at, although I'm still struggling to hold on to the illusion that is my male existence. I've basically lost count of all of the slip ups I've acumulated throughout the years.

SandraInHose
01-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Similar to the OP, my wife and I were at the L'eggs/Hanes/Bali outlet store with a coupon that wasn't very clear as to how it could be used. As were standing there asking the cashier, my wife inadvertently asks "if we could apply the discount toward both her slips and (points to me) his pantyhose". Both clerks turned their heads toward me immediately, and I kind of did a double take toward my wife, as I was just as shocked as they were. But I quickly recovered and acted nonchalant, as if I really cared what they thought anyway. My wife felt bad for the slip up, but we just laughed about it as we walked out the door. I'm pretty certain I'm not the first guy that bought hosiery there.

DanaR
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
My wife does this to me all of the time. It takes me off guard, I just don't think that she thinks about. I'm getting to where I don't care if a SA knows or not.

MissTee
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm usually pretty cool, but my wife gets nervous and overcompensates sometimes. Obnoxiously so. She once told a friend of hers while I was standing only a few feet away, "I mean, I know some people think he's feminine acting sometimes and he likes to shop and all, but, I mean, well even if he wanted to wear panties and a dress, and I'm not saying he does, or ever has, or wants to and stuff, but I so wouldn't mind because he treats me good and I know he's a man. He really is . . . " On other occasions she has outed me completely without thinking, like two weeks ago when she told another group of friends about doing Zumba Rush together in our leotards. She didn't even realize she had said it. One friend called her later that same evening, said they all had a good laugh about it after my wife left, but wanted to know "privately" if she was serious.

Lady Catherine
01-07-2013, 09:03 PM
I once exclaimed very loudly in my best girly voice that I broke a nail while i was working in a boat yard.

PretzelGirl
01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
My wife has done it far more in reverse. Like one of the first times I went out with her, she volunteered to order the food so I wouldn't have to talk. "And a burrito for my husband....". She still does it now and then. Its all love. :lovestruck:

Laura28
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
When we are shopping my wife who thinks she is whispering will ask me if i like this or that and if the size is good. but she isnt whispering like she thinks, LOL. She has said things in front of our friends like she is joking and we all laugh, but she hasnt and wouldnt do it on purpose

Dana L
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
While shopping I've noticed something and without thinking I've said to my wife without looking around "oh my god this would look so perfect with my......" Then look around and there is someone now looking at me. Every now and then my wife will be walking behind me and say "quit walking like a woman". Kinda hard to turn off sometimes.

lingerieLiz
01-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Too many to count. Cashier asked me if the bras were for me. I told her they sure were. My favorite was when a woman asked me if I wore bras every day as I was looking through the sizes. I answered yes without thinking.

carolinewalker_2000
01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Nail varnish can be a bugger in terms of its potential to inadvertently "out" you. On several occasions I have noticed people looking at my hands and have then seen the remnants of the previous nights varnish. So far, if anyone has commented, I have bluffed my way through it by cursing paint I have been applying.

I have also come close to being spotted wearing clear nail varnish. I like to use nail strengthener - my nails need it - but it always leaves a sheen on the nail which is somewhat unmasculine!

Sarasometimes
01-08-2013, 09:10 AM
The other day a close family friend was talking to my wife about going to David's shopping for her gown for her upcomming wedding and I just blurted out, "Oh their big sale is going on now! They have great prices." Now knowing about the sale was easy to cover, I just said I saw the commercial. But then she asked, so their prices are great? I followed up with well they claim to have $99 dollar wedding gowns. I fairly sure she and my wife bought it.
In the closet, fun to be amongst all these clothes but the view is limited!!

Beverley Sims
01-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I must remember to remove my makeup and nail polish completely.
A hurried wipe over does not always work.

Sissy_Michelle
01-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I haven't came fully out. I wear mosty underware, stockings, and sometimes shirts. However we were at Walmart when I had on a new bra, it was kind of scratchy and I was messing with it. As we stood in line to check out the lady behind me pulled down on my shirt just below my bra. My wife told her thanks, that I had told him to stop messing with his bra or someone will find him out. She said that his shirt was stuck under it and it was obvious as to what I was wearing underneath she thought she would lend a hand. She apologized but I was totally embarrassed by the whole thing and haven't gone out "dressed" since. Though I have seen the woman in Walmart, she only smiles and waves.

:-)

Kate Simmons
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I never have any "slip ups" MJ. I usually purposely push the envelope to see if anyone will notice.:battingeyelashes::)

Joanie_Shakti
01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I've unknowing sat down on a pair of panties and had them stick to the velcro on the back pocket of my shorts and then walked around with them like a tail. :confused2: I'm embarrassed to say this has happened more than once as I've found panties in the hallway when returning to my bedroom. This has made me paranoid and though I may know I was ok when I left the house, I'll get out of my car and immediately feel both pocket flaps to make sure, especially if I hear someone laughing.

I also find myself singing Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" at work when I think no one's around. I have a fantasy of getting fed up there some day, say "I never wanted this," And go on to do the complete skit while standing on a table.

SandraInHose
01-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I must remember to remove my makeup and nail polish completely.
A hurried wipe over does not always work.

That reminds me of the first time I tried to experiment with my wife's makeup. This was long before she knew I CD'ed.

I evidently had no idea how hard one must scrub to get certain types of eyeliner off completely. She comes home from work and as I greet her, she does a double-take and asks me why my eyes look so dark. I actually came up with a good excuse on the spot. Since my job at the time took me all over the city, I told her we were working near a factory and there was a lot of soot and dust in the area. She must have bought it because it was never mentioned again.

Felt bad lying to her, and years later when she learned of my CDing, that incident was brought up, as she was starting to fit small pieces of a puzzle together. She just shook her head.

Keri L
01-08-2013, 09:06 PM
My wife has done it far more in reverse. Like one of the first times I went out with her, she volunteered to order the food so I wouldn't have to talk. "And a burrito for my husband....". She still does it now and then. Its all love. :lovestruck:

I know people type "LOL" all the time, but this one did make me laugh, and my eyes are even watering a bit!

Leah Lynn
01-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Too many to count.

Eryn
01-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Things are going to slip no matter how careful you are.

I wear clear nail polish every day, as do a lot of non-CD males. No shame at all in being well-groomed.

Every once in a while I refer to "my wife" while dressed. I'm either letting secrets slip or we're really progressive!

When buying things I just buy them. Lots of men pay the bill for their wives. Of course, when we're at DSW and we're buying size 7 and size 11 shoes it might be a bit suspicious, but who cares? At worst, I've provided a bit of entertainment for the clerk!

~Joanne~
01-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Joanne, ever consider the possibility your SO is not exactly thrilled about your cross dressing, especially if you asked her not to 'out' you to the world. Hopefully your SO doesn't hold a dress on a hanger up to your chin and make comments too!

My CDing was the only secret I ever had from my SO. Since telling her we have had very open communication about it. Do I think she is thrilled about it? Not in the least. Who's SO really is? I am sure they would rather we didn't do it at all but at the same time she understands this is a part of me and not had one discouraging word to say about it. She has not really put any limitations on it either. She has told me she really enjoys our shopping trips and the slips are not intentional. I limit myself due to fear and the fact that I don't want to get lost in a pink fog.

She have never lifted an article to me to see if it may fit, I do that myself ;)

how do you cope or does the chance of being caught add a bit of thrill? x

Sometimes the coping is hard. Once you have been out in the world enfemme, you always want to do it again and again. If I were a full time dresser then I would have probably told the family by now but as it stand they don't need to know.

we were at Walmart when I had on a new bra, it was kind of scratchy and I was messing with it. As we stood in line to check out the lady behind me pulled down on my shirt just below my bra. My wife told her thanks, that I had told him to stop messing with his bra or someone will find him out. She said that his shirt was stuck under it and it was obvious as to what I was wearing underneath she thought she would lend a hand. She apologized but I was totally embarrassed by the whole thing and haven't gone out "dressed" since. Though I have seen the woman in Walmart, she only smiles and waves.

:-)

Geez that's a down right horror story.When or if I under dress, it's usually panties and pantyhose, never a bra for that sole reason. Well that and the bulges on the front of my shirt lol. Maybe you should talk to the woman and see what she thinks? apparently she had no problem with it :)

I never have any "slip ups" MJ. I usually purposely push the envelope to see if anyone will notice.:battingeyelashes::)

Your just a very bad girl ;)

jacky83
02-02-2013, 12:25 AM
With more gay marriages husbands can be male or female.

GroovyChristy
02-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Last night I was in Walmart buying my first items of makeup. The concealer and lipstick kept falling through the spaces in the cart and bouncing on the floor. I picked them up quickly, hoping that the people around me would assume I was buying for a girlfriend. Why should I care what they think? I shouldn't, but I'm still new to the whole shopping thing. Anyway, it kept happening so eventually I just stuffed the items into my pocket and took them out once I was ready to go to the register. I was so nervous that I had trouble getting money out of my wallet because my hands were shaking so bad. It was quite a rush but empowering in the end, even if it's just another baby step.

Thankfully I have a good friend, the only person who knows about me, who works there as a cashier. He told me when he was working late so I could come by and get the stuff I wanted. I would very likely have chickened out if he wasn't there. He was proud of me for going through with it. Great dude.

Nikki A.
02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I help a friend in her women's clothing store on my days off. I've gotten so comfortable there that I'll discuss or offer suggestions to her and her customers and use terms that no regular guy would know. There are some customers that I've gotten so comfortable with that I know I've said that I wished it was in my size, then said oops to myself lol.
Honestly, I've slipped often enough that I don't really care. Women may notice but most men it goes right over their heads.

Lacey New
02-03-2013, 08:30 AM
I guess that there is a part of me that really wants to "come out" to someone and preferrably that would be anonymously to a non-judgemental woman. Also, because I have to keep my wardrobe relatively small, I cannot afford too amy size surprises. I try to minimize that by measuring and consulting size charts but I would still like to try some things on before I buy. So, there have been several times that I have dropped hints to the SAs but I have never really had the courage to go all the way and say "This is for me". So, I think I am intentionally slipping up in the hope that some time, someone will take the bait and actually ask if the things are for me and perhaps invite me to try them on. When that happens, I know I will have found the perfect store for me.

For instance, I was in a Vanity Fair Outlet store the other day looking for a full slip. I had pretty much determined that I was a size 42 and as I was checking the rack, I saw that they only had two in that size. One was a 26 inch, the other 22 inch. The SA was over by the panty rack so I took the 26 inch over and asked her if they ran large or small. After some deliberation, she said maybe a little small, so I said OK, thanks, this should one be fine.

She asked if there was anything else I needed and since I was there at the panty rack, I said that I might look at some panties. She asked what size, I replied without hesitation, size 7 and then she asked if I was looking for any particular style. Again, I said yes and described exactly what I was looking for. She pulled out some beige ones and I said, no, thanks, I was really looking for them in white or pastel. (remember - I was saying "I" not "I think she wants") and again, she went to work and found exactly what I wanted (I'm happily wearing a pair now as I type this).

She continued to be quite engaging chatting away about all sorts of stuff as I paid and left the store. As I was paying (in cash) she did not ask me for a lot if information like did I want a rewards card, my name, phone number, zip code, etc so, I am relatively confident that she knew or guessed the slip and panties were for me.

Needless to say, I'm tempted to go back and "slip up" again.

larry
02-03-2013, 10:18 AM
That was really funny.

aussie cd
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
was at a lunch with my wife in drab mode, afterwards we went to kmart for a few things and was a little tipsy (helps)we ended up in the shoe section , wife (she knows my heels weakness) says do you like these i said yeah but more like these sky high heels she says why not try them on so i did and did a little walk in them to the horror of a 30 something housewife who just stared and kept walking.....we were like who cares and laughed it off , what a buzz it was and to top it off i actually carried them to the checkout and bought them :)

Allison2006
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
My wife does say things from time to time while we're out shopping that could out me, but I don't really worry about it anymore.

Maria 60
02-03-2013, 08:02 PM
We were in Wal-mart and my wife was passing the ladies shoe clearance rack and turns to me and said it's your lucky day those shoe's you wanted are on sale.