PDA

View Full Version : Cycles of Dressing

Ann Louise
01-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been out to my wife for just one month now, and have seemingly been in a lovely pink fog the entire time. But, I can tell that it's receding a bit as the practicality of day-to-day workday underdressing, and weekends en-femme (more or less) is becoming evident.

When I was totally in the closet to everyone my "cycles of dressing" were on the order of a few hours once every month or so, with their occurrence strictly dictated by circumstances. But now, it seems that my new-found freedom is resulting in a new, more frequent cycle.

A question for those of you who are in a similar situation: how often does your "cycle of dressing" come and go? Weeks, days, hours (LOL!)? Thank you for taking the time to think about this. Elfin

Eryn
01-08-2013, 03:56 PM
You're going from one equilibrium (dressing without wife's knowledge) to another equilibrium (dressing with her knowledge). What was previously exciting forbidden fruit is now becoming routine. You're moving toward a more realistic GG experience.

Look at a GG's habits. Most dress comfortably in jeans and a pretty top when they want to relax. They might select a casual skirt or leggings, but they aren't hanging around in ball gowns! For makeup, they might put on some lipstick or gloss, but they aren't routinely doing the whole foundation-up thing. A special occasion might bring out the fancy dresses and full makeup, but those are special, not routine

That's pretty much were we CDers with accepting wives are heading.

On a routine day, I wear panties, women's unembellished jeans, and a T-shirt in boy mode, not much removed from what my wife wears. She might put on lipstick when we go out and I'll wear clear gloss just for the feel of it.

When I go out en femme I have to wear a lot more makeup than a typical GG, but there are some GGs in my age group that wear as much as I do. The fact that I'm wearing makeup is a definite feminine cue that I don't wish to forgo. Still, it takes time and most GGs don't want to do it every time they go out the front door. I feel pretty much the same way, but I need more electrolysis before I can hope to go out in public en femme with just an application of lipstick!

In answer to your question, I dress only when I go out en femme, which is once or twice a week. I don't dress routinely at home unless you count the fact that most of my boy-mode clothes come from the women's side of the store.

DonnaT
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
There is no cycle for me. I wear something fem every day and night.

LauraBird
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't think I have a "cycle" in the way you mean it but can relate to the loss of interest once you no longer have to hide it. I worked from home full time for a few years and with an accepting wife could dress all day every day. After a month or two I found myself gradually dressing more and more casually. Went from skirt and heels, to leggings and a nice top, to girls jeans and a t-shirt, and eventually just underdressed with sweats... And eventually dressing only every couple days.

It's a lot of work and once the novelty wears off, the interest slows a little.

RenneB
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm with Eryn on this one. Most GGs that I observe don't do the full tilt hair to heels dress up unless they are coming from a high end work environment. Most are just find with jeans, sneakers and a touch of makeup. However, for me, now that I spend 75% of my time en fem I go for the higher end of the casual scale and will, if I really have to, jeans with a nice silky top, long hair, good makeup and heels... I never go a day without heels..

When I was unemployed if I wasn't dressed to the nines, I was in girl jeans, girl sneakers, and a neutral gender top with no makeup and no pads, corset or forms. Now that I've joined the ranks of other wage earners, I match the other male work attire... bummer. Still home time and weekends are mine...

Renne.....

YorkshireRose
01-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi Elfin,

I am out to my SO and try to dress when its possible. Having young children means I have to work it around them. but that doesn't mean I dress up to the nines all the time. Quite often just a skirt and top, with or without make up are fine.

Charlotte

AmyGaleRT
01-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I dress when I feel like it, which is usually 2-3 times a week. As I haven't mastered "pants" en femme yet, I'll select a dress or top/skirt combination, along with appropriate undergarments and forms, and usually shoes, hose or tights, and jewelry. I'll do a full-on makeup job if I'm going to take pictures, but otherwise I probably wouldn't wear any, except for perhaps some lip gloss. Later in the evening I might remove everything except for the panties and my engagement ring, and slip into a pretty nightgown to relax a while.

- Amy

Kate Simmons
01-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I honestly feel that these "cycles" are mainly reflections of internal feelings when we need to tap into our inherent feminine energies to feel complete. I've spent pretty much a lifetime exploring this and it makes sense to me.:)

kimdl93
01-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Mine really hasn't gone. When I'm forced to work away from home, I spend my days en drab and quickly change for the evening. At home, I'm en femme almost all the time. It hasn't receded ..in fact the proportion of time I spend dressed has grown gradually over the past few years, and I never want to go back!

Stephanie47
01-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I found when I have ample time for Stephanie to express herself I do not go into withdrawals if I have to forego being en femme for a period of time. I always know I will return to it. As a retiree I usually can accommodate Stephanie Monday through Friday for six plus hours each day. When Stephanie was forced into seclusion by a stay at home wife and kids coming and going, it was difficult. It was kind of like the family dog waiting for table scraps to fall on the floor.

jillleanne
01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty much with Kim on this one. Ther are many times during the day I'm doing something that just does not realistically allow me to be completely en femme allthough I will always have on undies and often hose, but that evening I will be back to femme mode. I did cycle way back when I was in the closet, based if I recall on my femme urges and available time. I could go weeks without feeling the need to express my femme self. Today, i do not cycle at all really, just some days are more femme than others.

Beverley Sims
01-09-2013, 09:22 AM
The only thing that comes in cycles is wearing a wig at home. About 60 percent of the time considering I am female all the time I am home.
When going out I am either female or male in appearance with no half measures.