PDA

View Full Version : What to do

Janet Bern
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I a dressed as a woman many times and have gone out doing chores, but mostly shopping and having lunch, usually by myself and even though I am 6'2 I feel tha I pass very well as no one pays much notice when I walk by. A friend I used to shop with has followed me many times and agrees that I am just a tall woman.
Here is the issue. Now that I have the clothes, it is such a project to put on the makeup and go out I am able to do it this week but the desire to do the makeup makes me want to just forget it. Maybe being a woman isn't all it's cracked up to be. What do you think?

Michala
01-08-2013, 06:22 PM
I agree the getting to the point of looking good is time-comsuming, but it feels so nice when finished. In male mode it's pull on a pair of pants and shirt, put on shoes and out the door. Much less time to get ready. What's a person supposed to do?

Kate Simmons
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Being a person isn't what it's cracked up to be Janet. We have to learn to just take it in stride regardless of how we choose to present at any particular time.:)

Jodi Anne
01-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Before I started CDing, I was very critical of womans looks, always rateing them on a scale of how they looked. Now after the shoe is on the other foot so to speak, I found how hard it is to keep yourself looking 1/2 way decent. Those who really look like models spend alot of time doing it. I soon had a new found respect for all woman.

AllieSF
01-09-2013, 12:38 AM
If it takes you a long time to get your makeup perfect, I can appreciate your quandary. I have shortened everything down to about 15 minutes for makeup. Everything else takes longer. I also have started to hang outfits I like on the same hanger to make clothes selection quicker. So, if I want to go out, I can do it relatively quickly if it is informal, longer when I want to look special.

DanaR
01-09-2013, 01:05 AM
It is a lot of work being a girl.

Jenniferathome
01-09-2013, 02:54 AM

And even more work being a cross dresser but I like the result, so it's worth it. If I had to do it everyday, I'd hate it.

noeleena
01-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi,

Well this is so funny for me though does have a serous side for my self, our family Jos our two son's & daughter, would have prefered that i was a crossdresser. & in many ways would & could have been okay & i would have been still a male well a percived one , my problem was & is i was not,

So you have said as a male being a woman is not what its cracked up to be,. I dont & have never thought as a male, fact is i dont know how to .....

As a female / woman i know & have known most of my life, so yes there is a very big difference , clothes makeup shoes what ever it takes for you or other's to look like a woman can take a lot of work .

yet this is were the difference come's in more for myself, you no dought can pass blend in ,yet your not a woman i am.
& i dont wear makeup & no matter what i do wont make any difference to how i look ,so, where you pass , i dont. i dont have those . looks that should go with i should look like a female or woman,

Going back to should i have been a dresser. it may have saved a lot of heart ache a hell we went through for 8 years for what so i could wear womens clothes makeup shoes & what ever else, to look like a woman. none of that would make a scrap of difference to me wether i wore the clothes & all or not. , the reason is im female & grew into a woman. even being intersexed played a big part in my life,

For me theres far more to being a woman its my life at stack & how i live as a woman so i may not look like that ...other... woman ...or... the girl next door, just being a woman who is accepted , i know is more importaint than my looks.

...noeleena...

MonctonGirl
01-09-2013, 05:35 AM
I could never be a real woman in this day and age - I can't even get it together to shave my face everyday ... or week ... and never have time to dry my hair. I don't know how these women spend 2 hours getting ready to go to work ... I remember in high school the girls would say they get up at 6 to get ready for a 9 am class ... um... what?

jennyday
01-09-2013, 05:45 AM
I wish it didn't take me so long to get ready. I think that I would be able to dress a lot more if it didn't take so much time. Plus my wife has to help me a lot with my makeup, so it is hard for me to dress on a day she is working and kids are in school and I am playing hookie from work. Guess I just need to practice more and get my time down.

Beverley Sims
01-09-2013, 06:45 AM
There are things about being a woman full time that I am not over enthusiastic about either.
I dress when I want to and If I WANT to go out I WILL shave and make myself up and ENJOY my outing.

Foxglove
01-09-2013, 07:09 AM

Yeah, but the option is to be in drab. Being trans isn't always a bowl of cherries, either. It depends on your needs, depends on your available time and lots of other things. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

audreyinalbany
01-09-2013, 08:57 AM
my wife has said to me, "isn't it an awful lot of work for you just to be dressed for a couple hours?"

Lady Catherine
01-09-2013, 09:24 AM
One of the things that stops me from going out is I find that sometimes I'm just to lazy to do the makeup.

CassandraSmith
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I a dressed as a woman many times and have gone out doing chores, but mostly shopping and having lunch, usually by myself and even though I am 6'2 I feel tha I pass very well as no one pays much notice when I walk by. A friend I used to shop with has followed me many times and agrees that I am just a tall woman.
Here is the issue. Now that I have the clothes, it is such a project to put on the makeup and go out I am able to do it this week but the desire to do the makeup makes me want to just forget it. Maybe being a woman isn't all it's cracked up to be. What do you think?

Ever since getting into makeup more, I really had no idea how arduous it is being a woman. My guy regimen is to stick my head under the faucet, rinse and comb my hair, brush my teeth, shave and I'm out the door. Total time: about 5 minutes. Even a quick makeup job is a 1/2 hour for me and it never really looks good to my eye as I'm still unskilled.

Debra Russell
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Shaving's the big thing for me - very tough beard but light in color - grows very fast and takes a long time to get it all baby smooth, actually doing make up only takes up about 10 - 15 min and my sister me ask " who does it- oh that's right your an artist " I have to plan an outing around shaving and will do it well in advance of doing make up and getting dressed....but won't go out without it........................Debra

Melissa Rose
01-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Welcome to a woman's world. :-) It is easy to see why many women go out in simple makeup and comfortable clothes once you have to routinely deal with it yourself.

I have to start at 8 am (post shower) to be completely ready to be out the door by 9:30 am for work. I like to take my time in the morning and not be rushed, and I tend to get distracted by other things; however, I could be ready in 40-45 minutes if necessary. Even thought it is only 2-3 times a week, there are some mornings I do not feel like putting much effort into it, but I do it anyway. Since I am not dressing for fun or pleasure, it is not too hard to get motivated. I work in an office environment with a business casual dress code so there is an expected appearance standard especially since there is interaction with outside clients. There are only 4 men out of about 25 total employees, but there is no competition among the women to look the best. It is a non-profit organization so there tends to be slightly less political maneuvering going on. I tend to dress closer to how the department managers dress since I want to appear and feel more professional even though I am more of an administrative assistant.

When something such as putting on make up becomes more of a chore than fun or becomes routine, it is harder to want to do it. Having a good reason helps with your motivation.

TeresaL
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Yep, it's a lot of trouble, and I am at the point of staying in drab. If this little pea-size, or whatever size, fragment of femininity wasn't in our brains, what would we do with all those lost hours (days?)

Added: My avatar is in almost guy attire.

darla_g
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
doing makeup can be a bit of work but the results usually make a big difference. just view it as a bit of a challenge and don't let it overwhelm you

Shirley Anne
01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I havent been dressing much lately purely down to the fact it takes so long getting made up that I cant be bothered for a few hours dressed.

carhill2mn
01-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Personally, I can hardly remember a time when I did not feel like dressing as a woman if I had the opportunity. It usually takes me less than 10 minutes to do my makeup and I enjoy doing it.

Luna Nyx
01-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Shaving's the big thing for me - very tough beard grows very fast and takes a long time to get it all baby smooth, actually doing make up only takes up about 10 - 15 min

i agree the make up is the easy part.

susan54
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I agree. I have been dressing up and going out since 1996. That year, I got a colour and style consultation and have been perfecting the look and the wardrobe ever since. The wardrobe is way beyond full, and there are no challenges left. I have been on holiday as Susan, dined out, been to the beautician, lots and lots of shopping, to concerts, to dinner, and I have run out of steam. I am an actor when I go out, not a make-believe woman, and despite having a very male face, the walk and the clothes seem to enable me to fit in, and sometimes be taken for the real thing at close quarters .... even that no longer an issue. I still spend most of my time at home fully dressed, but without wig or make-up - they are too much bother, and yesterday I even went shopping without make-up - I hate the stuff (except lipstick).

With less and less of a buzz from going out, I am increasingly happy just to dress at home from my vast wardrobe. A week on Saturday is a bit of a high-risk last fling for a while. A much loved up-market local boutique is having a wardrobe sale (clothes are being sold on behalf of customers they get 2/3 and the shop gets a third - but the proceeds have to be spent in the shop - shrewd business model) and I get a sneak preview the day before .... if I go out in a village moving with people I know on a Saturday afternoon. Above-average risk, good clothes reward, but a last fling for the year.

Excursions need not only make-up and wig, but perfume, and a LOT of organisation, completing the transformation in a lay-bye ... if I can find one free. I just do not have time for this on a regular basis. Most of the time I went out just to go to the beautician (mainly pedicure and Minx nails) or to buy more clothes ...and with 1000 skirts, 250 pairs of shoes/boots and nearly 600 dresses - I have no more room (and no, I won't throw away my old friends to make room for more).

So, I sit here in a wonderful (and expensive - even in a sale) Terry Macey overdress, with bra, but and jewellery, but devoid of make up or wig, I am quite happy for this to be all there is from now on. Going out is simply too much trouble. So - perfectly happy - there is no problem. A little bit of me wishes I still had the urge, still got the buzz, but I am glad to admit that I have achieved it all - I am on my happy plateau.

RenneB
01-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't say that being a woman or looking like one is what it's about, I'd say looking good in either gender takes time before you go out. Every time I go to wally world, there are plenty of GGs and GMs that haven't spent one brain cell on what they look like.

I was just in the drug store today dressed in male mode (sweater, tan slacks, broun shoes, hair washed/combed) and right next to me was a GG in a ratty ol pair of sweat pants, flip flops and a sweatshirt. I know that the 15 minutes it took me to get dressed was 14 minutes and 59 seconds longer than she spent.

I mean come on people, leave the 'bum' look at home. Oh well people dress as people dress. Some care how they look but in my world most don't...

Renne.....

kimdl93
01-09-2013, 09:06 PM
boy, not for me. I don't mind the 1/2 hour it takes me to finish my make up. If that was all that stands between you and getting out, jsut make the time and go for it. If you really don't care that much if you go out, then, of course don't bother. You don't owe it to anyone.