PDA

View Full Version : Not a thread about the Politcs of passing

Paula_56
01-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't want to start a thread about passing verses being yourself and all the politics that goes with the word passing. Please don't slam me for using that word.

What I would like to talk about is the best "pass" you ever had.

For me it was the time I was in a wig store and I said to the woman helping me
" Do you get many other men in here shopping for wigs?" This was after a good half hour of interaction. She was truly confused, She said, "What do you mean other men?" "Why did you phrase it like that?" I had to then explain that I was a cross dresser, it took a while but you could see the light go on in her head. My instincts tell me she was sincere. It helped my confidence soar and gave me courage to keep gong on my journey.

So what was you most convincing moment as a woman??

Kate Simmons
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Once when I was at the club a lesbian gal I hadn't seen before was trying to pick me up. I had to show her my license to convince her I was really a guy. That was an interesting experience.:)

sonna
01-08-2013, 08:47 PM
i do ok till i say something..always gives it away

Kim_Bitzflick
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
My best is when I got hit on by a guy. But it was a dark theater too...still it was scary.

kimdl93
01-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Gosh, I don't think I've ever been remotely so successful as you. For me there are pleasant, occasional moments when some calls me miss or ma'm. I presume that most of the people I meet are quickly aware that I'm not GG, but just as this evening, they invariably treat me with courtesy and warmth.

Leah Lynn
01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
A few months ago I had to get out and go somewhere; Anywhere for a little while. It was a Friday night, so I headed to a small town not too far away. There's a small tavern there that keeps the lighting dim. Just a few farmers sitting in there and the jukebox was playing. An old slow song came on, and one fellow came over and asked me to dance; evidently he'd been there a while! Sure, why not (Why Not??? You dummy, you've never danced backwards in heels!!!). We danced. Then he began how his wife didn't understand him.

I finished my drink and went home!

AllieSF
01-08-2013, 10:20 PM
My high goes with the corresponding low. "I at first thought that you were a woman, ..... until I heard you speak."!!!!! We ended up talking with that couple for the next two hours.

RenneB
01-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Well this one is engrained in my memory banks as a good one....

While sorting through the dresses at a thrift store, 'bout 5 feet infront of me was this nice, somewhat older than me (say 60 or so) lady that pulled out a nice cocktail dress and turned to me and said "this would look great on you hun". I know she wanted to engage in a little idle chit chat, but my voice would just give it all away. I turned to her and in my best voice said "ohhh thank you". She smiled and just kept brousing and I just floated away to the other dress isle....lovin every minute of it....

Renne.....

Persephone
01-08-2013, 11:01 PM
New Year's Eve, two guys asked me to dance. One danced with me a couple of times and kissed me goodbye (and not on the cheek).

My spouse was on the other side of the table and the funny part is that he was also coming on to her. She danced with him a couple of times too. Not sure she got a goodbye hug and kiss though.

Hugs,
Persephone.

JenniferR771
01-08-2013, 11:17 PM
I wear a size 10 dress. Passable at a distance. One time at the mall I purposely stopped at the front desk of a salon, the girl immediately asked if I wanted a haircut. "No thank you, I just want to ask if this wig looks OK? And...I just wanted to break up your day...give you something to talk about tonight."

Next month, I was enfemme walking past a kiosk in the mall which had a couple of those aggressive sales girls. She stopped me as I tried to get away and said, "I love your hair that way! Have you ever had problems with your nails; let me show you an amazing product!" She grabbed my left hand and began buffing the ring finger nail like crazy, switching in a moment to a finer grade emery board. And pulled out some kind of special Dead Sea lotion. When I finally broke away...the ring finger on my left hand had a very shiny nail, and smelled nice. Problem was I had to go back that way later to get out of the mall. I avoided her the second time, but by then I think her partner had read me...not sure, though. I had to take some sandpaper and roughen up the shiny nail before my wife got home that night.

lingerieLiz
01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
When I was still a teen, on a dare, I went to a drive-in theater as a girl. It was a hop featuring Elvis movies and music. Couples got in free. I went full on to be as cute and girly as I could. He drove his 57 chev convert. We cruized right in only to be flaged down to be in a parade up and down the rows of cars so people could vote on the coolest couple. I thougt oh no, but to my surprise we placed fairly high and I'm pretty sure no one realized that I wasn't a girl even when we danced. It is a long story how it came about and what I learned about myself. I dressed more and we went on a few more dates.

DeeArel
01-09-2013, 03:14 AM
I have had several.

One I desribed in a post here with the B word as a compliment.

I had another this morning/last night. A lady bar owner who prefers woman had a lengthy conversation with me about what she likes to do with her partner and hinted she was single.

There have been more but this old brain does not function well when pulling from a sleep deprived memory.

thechic
01-09-2013, 05:03 AM
I seem to pass often,But there is one time before i went full time, i was at a supermarket carring out a service job.I was wearing overalls no makeup and a bit dirty ,i needed to go to the loo so off i went into the mens,this woman come running in after me,saying excuse me miss the ladys loos are at the end of the hall this is the gents,I said sorry about that and went to the ladys.which was full.

MonctonGirl
01-09-2013, 05:31 AM
I've only had one so far ... the young woman who did me up took me to the store where she worked and her female associate had no idea. That was a confidence builder. She even had her take our photo!

You can see some pics of that even here!:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?186904-1st-FACE-PHOTOS-The-Woman-who-did-my-Makeup-amp-Hair-in-Atlantic-Canada&p=3057840#post3057840

Beverley Sims
01-09-2013, 07:10 AM
My "entourage" five other girls and someones mother went into a bridal salon looking for a gown for me and dresses for them.
Being the "bride" I was center of attention for about three hours.
Three other girls and the real bride were looking for bridesmaids dresses.
At the end of the transaction they were still trying to sell the bride a dress and the mother pointed out,
"No she's the bride, the one in the dress is one of the bridesmaids boyfriends."
The SA still insisted I should try on another dress. She was most impressed with my deception and I had a grin from ear to ear.
I did feel girly that day.

genevie
01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
I seem to pass often,But there is one time before i went full time, i was at a supermarket carring out a service job.I was wearing overalls no makeup and a bit dirty ,i needed to go to the loo so off i went into the mens,this woman come running in after me,saying excuse me miss the ladys loos are at the end of the hall this is the gents,I said sorry about that and went to the ladys.which was full.

From one Gen to another, you are gorgeous. Just looked at the photos on your homepage. Nice style.

Sally24
01-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I had one girl at a club compliment my hair clips. I explained the hair was "New" and I was getting used to it. When she looked puzzled I explained it was a wig. She looked at me, then at the other gurls at my table, then at me again and then went Oh. It took her awhile to figure out I wasn't a GG. Loved it!

Rhonda Darling
01-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Once when I was at the club a lesbian gal I hadn't seen before was trying to pick me up. I had to show her my license to convince her I was really a guy. That was an interesting experience.:)

Now I don't care who you are . . . . . . . . that's funny! It's got me grinning from ear to ear.

Rhonda

Sara Jessica
01-09-2013, 09:28 AM
It happened just the other day. I was at the post office filling out something at a counter and a guy comes up behind me to get a form and says "excuse me miss". Since I was in guy mode at the time, he was quite flustered when he realized his mistake. Or was it a mistake???

Lady Catherine
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Many, many, MANY moons ago, I was going into a store and had a guy rush to get to the door before so he could open and hold it for me.

I Am Paula
01-09-2013, 09:58 AM
I was standing at the bar in a gay club, and a mature woman came up next to me, waiting for the bartenders attention. Out of the blue, she said her son had come out to her as gay that day, and had dragged her down here to meet his friends. "Thank god, I thought I'd be the only woman here.", she said casually to me. Made my night.-Celeste

Leanne2
01-09-2013, 10:00 AM
A few days ago I was in line to pick up a script at our CVS pharmacy. I was en drab but my hair was kind of fly-a-way. She said," can I help you ma'am? She clocked me when I spoke but she looked shocked. A minute later she said softly," sorry about that." I said," actually, it was a compliment," and winked at her.

MarinaKirax
01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
I was browsing clothes at Hudson's Bay and a woman of about 50 seemed to be eyeing me, I thought I was clocked. But then she seemed to get her courage up and asked me "Excuse me, but do you mind me asking where you get your hair cut? It looks just wonderful". I thought a minute and replied, "oh.. it's .. a wig". I looked right at her, expecting her to figure it out, but all I saw was a bit of embarassment on her face, maybe she thought I was a cancer survivor or something. But I knew she hadn't any clue. She didn't back down, or slink away, she just said "Oh, well, it looks just great" with a smile, which made me smile, and be happy, and I felt like my heart was going to burst through my bra. Then I swished past the perfume counters with a confidence I never knew. I wore 3 inch heels into the store, but I felt like I walked out on 5 inch ones.

stacycoral
01-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Last halloween, i had stopped at a rest area, to just the room, but i found out that they lockup all the family type restrooms, a young boy about 9 came over to me and said lady the woman's restrooms are over there, i started heading over to them but there got to be too many men in the area, so i just left and i only had another 15 miles to get to hooters anyway, but it made me feel good to be spoken to as a lady that day.

Leslie Langford
01-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi Paula!

Two recent occurrences stand out for me:

The first was being stopped at a roadside sobriety police checkpoint last May i.e. Ontario's R.I.D.E Program after leaving an event (coincidentally, the Toronto engagement of America's Next Top Model, where I actually got to meet celebrated transgender model Isis King in person). The officer stuck his head in my car window, asked a couple of questions regarding whether or not I had anything to drink that evening, came within 6" of my face to smell my breath, and then gave me the all clear while "ma'am-ing" me and wishing me a good evening.

I posted about this at length in the attached story:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?173959-Caught-by-the-R.I.D.E.-Program...and-lived-to-tell-the-tale

The other time was when I was especially elegantly dressed and in downtown Toronto on my way to a theatre performance. As I was walking from the parking lot to my destination, I saw a group of men chatting in front of a building, and they began to look my way as I approached. Since they were directly in my path, I had no choice but to continue on, but I also saw it as another opportunity to test my increasing comfort level in being out and about as "Leslie" and in interacting with others if need be.

As I got closer, one of them looked me up and down and I feared the worst, but all he did was give me a big smile and ask rhetorically "Will you marry me?" Not what I expected, but I went into full "girly" mode, smiled back disarmingly, and said something non-committal along the lines of "Thank you, but I'm already taken."

Granted, these men were milling about in front of a bar to have a smoke and alcohol may have clouded this fellow's judgement somewhat, but I still cherished the "compliment" - especially since it was so random. Heck, this encounter could also have gone completely the other way, given the circumstances...

CassandraSmith
01-09-2013, 11:57 AM

Pretty much my all time top #1 fantasy right there. I would have seen where that one went if possible. Later in life, I was in a relationship with a bisexual woman and it was very right for me. It was open on her side but not mine and that was agreed upon up front. I wasn't interested in her friends really and it wasn't some conquest fantasy for me but more about being a lesbian myself.

Debra Russell
01-09-2013, 01:32 PM
My most convincing moment was a couple years ago. I was going to a neighboring county fair and stopped by at a market to get a drink. on my way out the lady that worked at the in store floral shop came over to me and said "excuse me I just wanted to say how nice you look - I was dressed in a long white peasant skirt and colorful fall colored patterened top and matching sandles - this same thing happened at the fair by a lady in a booth, and not trying to sell me anything. I thanked them both and asked the latter if she would mind taking my picture

A very affirming day ................................Debra

JackieInPA
01-09-2013, 03:16 PM
I generally pass a lot, even when not really trying. My best pass i think was when i was pulled over for speeding (I know bad girl!!). The officer was really perplexed and asked me for a second form of ID to prove I really was who I said I was.

carhill2mn
01-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't know if I have just one most convincing moment. One that did happen is when I slipped and fell at a restuarant and broke the femur in my right leg. My GW companion said that not once during the excitement that followed did anyone who was helping me or watching me seem to think that I was not a GW.

Lori B
01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
hmmmm,,lets see........I always get a yes mam at the gas station,from the guy that can barely speak English anyway:doh:,,,,,,oh and the pizza delivery guy doesn't have a clue:heehee:

Angela Campbell
01-09-2013, 07:47 PM
For me the best is when no one notices me. I have been successful so far. No funny looks or stares, every now and then an excuse me or something like that. I do know that another T girl seems to clock me right away every time though.

susan54
01-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I have been out and about hundreds of times. My face is not very feminine, especially in profile, but my figure is, and I know how to move.. Most of the time I go where people know I am a man, but there have been a few times beyond the usual "madam" ...

the first time I was visiting a beautician who became a friend. I had checked she would be Ok with a cross-dresser, and that is what she was expecting. She was lurking by the door to whisk me into her salon to avoid frightening the patrons of the hairdresser below. The street door opened, and she looked and thought "OK, that's not him - that's a woman",

In the same city (York) I wanted to buy a sari. I was once again fully dressed and chatted with the Asian woman about how to wear one for about five minutes. Eventually I picked a sari and petticoat and asked her if she would show me how to put it on. She asked me to come with her to the changing room. Given the religions of some Asians, I thought Ih ad better make sure she knew I was male (assuming this was a formality), and she was momentarily speechless, sayoing she just assumed I was a atall woman, but recovered and said "it is all part of life's rich tapestry" and showed me how to put it on.

In a town near Glasgow, I was shopping for shoes. Ichatted with the owner for about ten minutes, trying different pairs on, matching some to my skirt and so on. She provided a pair with really chunky heels and I observed that being male I preferred something less chunky. She just about dropped, saying "What???!!", but soon recovered and complimented me on my look.

It is just as nice when a shop assistant who DOES know tells me how jealous she is of my legs. One I was shopping as a male and tried on a dress (with bra and wig added in the changing room), and was asked to show the owner. She said "That's not fair". I asked her what she meant. "How good you look in that dress - and you are a man". Another (again I had entered the shop as a amale) said "My, what a transformation".

In my favourite boutique (where they know I am male) they tell me I look good in almost (but only almost) everything I try on - because I am slim and have good legs and poise that is evrry bit as good as being mistaken for a woman, if not better.

PretzelGirl
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Shortly after my mother got home from the hospital, she was out shopping. A lady came up to her and said "my what a beautiful little girl". Oh, you want something more recent?

I would bet that some of the best passes were not realized by us. We just don't happen to interact in a way to know it happened.

I was in a Journeys with my daughter, who convinced me into buying a pair of Toms for my drab side. So we walk in and go to the men's side. The SA, a young man, came up and let us know that the women's shoes were on the other side. I told him my feet were too big to try on any of those, so I was checking the men's out. Later I called him over and after some talking to make my decision, I asked for a pair he needed to get out of the back. When he was ringing me up, I gave him my debit card. He looked at it and asked if I had one of my own. I told him that was mine and I was just out having a good time. He looked at his partner with a little laugh and said "hey, this is Steve". His partner had a smug look and said "I know" (he hadn't been around me so maybe not). Then he laughed hard and said I fooled him. I told him I wasn't trying to fool anyone, just having a good time. Then we pressed on as a line was building up behind me.