PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy over the gams

Emma Beth
01-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Over the years I haven't been able to do much dressing and proper grooming at the same time, different things at different times for other reasons.

The year before last was really hot at the beginning of summer and my rides to work were very uncomfortable, especially with my legs. The only solution to this was to shave. It's not the first time, but it certainly is the longest that I have gone shaved.

I will admit that I have loved the feel of my legs shaved and they look fabulous. Cycling for my commutes has shaped them nicely and they look hot when they're smooth and I love the feel of it.

The down side is that the wife gets jealous of my wonderful gams. She complained that I keep up with them better than she does. I don't think that it's just the fact that I kept up with shaving them better than she does, I think that she would love to have a set of legs like I have.

Some time, when I can; I will have to post a pic of these legs of mine. Unfortunately that won't be for quite a while from now and I have to work on flattening the belly.

Ta ta for now,
Jamie

Cheryl T
01-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Buy her a bike and tell her "you too can have wonderful legs"....THEN DUCK!....LOL

Emma Beth
01-09-2013, 06:08 AM
LOL, she has one already. Unfortunately it's too heavy for her to carry up and down two flights of stairs by herself. Down actually isn't a problem for her, it's carrying it back up that is. That makes it hard for me to get her to go out by herself more.

On the bright side, when our tax returns come in, she's getting one just like mine; now that one she can carry back up with no problem. I just wish that I could get some girly things with some of that money, but I just have to be patient.

I'm hoping that eventually us girls can take a ride to the mall on our bikes and go shopping.

noeleena
01-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Hi,

Jos & i used to do walking & i would ride my bike , Well i have not for over 6 months till this week with Dejarn grandaughter she's 10 & Jos, we went for our ride & walk. oh forgot sommer our Lab as well. she's 10. So as you can see, we have been quite a fit 3, ooop's 4

As to shaveing i should have done that 30 years ago as we had our own horse's & you can say what you like the hairs on my legs were a knoted mess i never thought to shave them & when Jos & i talked about it Jos said why did you not just do it, so we laughed about that, talk about how thick i was, Jos did not care one bit,

Yes Jos thinks i have far better looking legs than her, oh yea, arrrrr ........well i have to say i know why, i looked after myself & yes, im female as well with a twist that goes with it,

For the last two weeks Jos has been starying here at home with me & next week as well. so for two women we do get on pretty well though the heat is get to us well more so for Jos, so in the evenings Jos will go for a walk.

Oh, the shaveing no , i use an epilater, & thats pretty good some 8 years now & ill do it about every 2 to 3 months mind you theres not much now to do,

Emjoy your rideing both of you, a pain about those stair's .....

...noeleena...

Beverley Sims
01-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Yes I had legs that went all the way up to my behind when I wore shorts.
They used to tell me that, Years ago!

audreyinalbany
01-09-2013, 09:00 AM
I have legs that go all the way to the floor..

It always makes me nervous whenever I hear a cd say that they've got more attractive parts than their wife's.

Emma Beth
01-09-2013, 09:32 AM
I can say with confidence that it's the muscle tone and how often I would remove the hair, of course the tan from wearing shorts doesn't help any either. I can't say that I am fit, just that my legs are shapely from all the years of commuting back and forth to work five days a week. The ride is about three miles, and takes about 30 minutes one way depending on traffic and how I feel.

Sometimes I really wish that American culture wan't quite so car-centric. It's amazing just how beautiful our own neighborhoods really are and no one really notices it because they are just zipping by at 30+ mph. And don't even get me started on the attitudes of drivers and their passengers.

Another example of noticing how beautiful our neighborhoods are is when the two of us participated in the Susan G. Komen walk for life in Dallas this year. The homes and scenery was just breath taking. The crowd was something else all together as well.

CassandraSmith
01-09-2013, 12:05 PM
The down side is that the wife gets jealous of my wonderful gams. She complained that I keep up with them better than she does. I don't think that it's just the fact that I kept up with shaving them better than she does, I think that she would love to have a set of legs like I have.

I can imagine that happening to me as my legs and butt for that matter are better than most women but I don't have an SO right now. I've only recently realized this also. I have some really deep insights into body shaping and I know how to lose body fat and it's not about hard work either, well, a little work spread consistently over time. But it's really about eating extremely healthy. This is not a diet but the elimination of destructive foods like soda, sugar, toxins and the addition of readily available vitamins.

Isn't there any way to include her in your leg-tastic regimen?

Emma Beth
01-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Lol, it's not really a regimen per say, but more like the necessity of paying the bills and not having a motor vehicle of any kind. We haven't had one for over ten years and we get by without one quite well. I enjoy the hassle freeness of not having to pay outrageous gas prices or insurance. The average cost of most repairs to a car will replace the bike if needed with some left over and I can do most regular maintenance and repairs to the bikes myself. Sometimes there is a kind of simplistic zen while working on the bikes. Some day I hope to expand my abilities with some of the more advanced repairs to the bikes, like being able to breakdown the crank set and the art of spoke replacement and repair.

ReineD
01-09-2013, 05:11 PM

Ta ta for now,

Jealousy: noun, plural jeal·ous·ies. 1. Jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself. 2. Mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims. 3. Vigilance in maintaining or guarding something. 4. A jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

Envy: noun, plural en·vies, verb, en·vied, en·vy·ing. 1. A feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc. 2. An object of envious feeling: Her intelligence made her the envy of her classmates. 3. Obsolete: ill will.

If your wife feels this way about you, then I think your marriage is in trouble. Are you sure that she does not instead admire your legs?

Admiration: noun. 1. A feeling of wonder, pleasure, or approval. 2. The act of looking on or contemplating with pleasure: admiration of fine paintings. 3. An object of wonder, pleasure, or approval: The dancer was the admiration of everyone. 4. Archaic. wonder; astonishment.

I can imagine that happening to me as my legs and butt for that matter are better than most women but I don't have an SO right now. I've only recently realized this also. I have some really deep insights into body shaping and I know how to lose body fat and it's not about hard work either, well, a little work spread consistently over time. But it's really about eating extremely healthy. This is not a diet but the elimination of destructive foods like soda, sugar, toxins and the addition of readily available vitamins.

I agree, a good body is about eating a proper diet in addition to regular exercise. But, it might be helpful for you to compare yourself to women who also eat properly and exercise regularly. How do their butts and legs compare to yours?

If ever you do get into a relationship, if I were you I would not say that your butt and legs are better than most women, if you want to stay in it. :p

mikiSJ
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Varicose veins, a tibia that goes in two directions, scars from everything.

To heck with nice looking gams, I just want some tights?

SandraInHose
01-09-2013, 07:58 PM
My wife has told me numerous times that she wishes she had my legs. Now that she sees me in pantyhose often it only reinforces the idea that she won't display her legs until she loses weight.

When we first married in the mid-80's, she wore pantyhose and very short skirts with heels ALL the time. Throughout the 90's the skirts got longer, and the heels got shorter, but the pantyhose were there a lot. Fast forward a decade or so and with her weight gain over that time, she has a hard time getting them up, and also hates that 'swish' sound she she walks. (Personally, I always loved that sound when my teachers walked by as a kid, but I digress.) She's not obese, maybe size 14-16...I'd call her curvy, which I actually prefer over stick-thin women. But her self image is all that matters to her regardless of my compliments.

Plus she feels that since I wear pantyhose all the time, I don't need to see them on her. So far from the truth, but I don't see that changing even if she does manage to lose some inches.

kimdl93
01-09-2013, 09:25 PM
even if you agree with your wife's assessemnt of your "wonderful gams", do not under any circumstances say so. Some things are better left un said. And if she would like nicer legs, don't say anything, just invite her on a nice evening walk.

Emma Beth
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
We will be married for fifteen years at the beginning of March and I am much more diplomatic than she is and definitely know what to keep my mouth shut about and when. I've already done my stumbling in the early days of our relationship. I have helped her improve her self image, but sometimes it feels like trying to herd cats. Her self image has gotten better over the years, but we still have a ways to go. We do walk everywhere and use the bikes often.

We have plans to ride the bikes out to the mall for more window shopping, weather permitting. I can hardly wait to browse all the pretty clothing out there together.

suchacutie
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
The fact that our legs are often our best feature has been talked about a lot here. My wife also says she is jealous of my legs, but I immediately remind her of all the body parts of hers Tina would give a tremendous amount to emulate!!!

We may have legs but our wives have so much more we will never have!!!