PDA

View Full Version : Another bucket list item checked off

Richelle
01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I can check another item off the “bucket list”. I have been letting my hair grow for the past six months or so. While it was not too long, it was getting a little unruly. My wife had been making comments about the need to get my hair cut. Especially since we were greeted a couple times with “hello ladies” when I was out in drab.

She was out for the day and evening with her a friend visiting from Las Vegas, which gave me the opportunity to go out as Richelle. I put on a new dress that I just picked up at Dressbarn and went to a local mall called Terra Bella. There is an Ultra store there that has a hair salon in back. I walked in and asked if a stylist was available. There was, so I had my roots dyed (I hate gray hair) and got a new hair style.

During the entire process we talked about work, marriage, relationships and taking care of elder parents. She just celebrated her second wedding anniversary so we talked a lot about weddings and the cost of the wedding.

It was a very enjoyable time. She never gave any indication that I was not a GG, even though I find it hard she did not know. My thinning hair a receding hair line is a give away.:sad:

Richelle

litangel
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Congratulations on a great experience, Richelle. I know that experiences that have involved doing a femme thing in public for the first time and having natural positive human contact have always felt really good to me.

This brings up another thought for anyone who cares to answer. What femme bucket list items have you experience, and what would you still like to experience? My answers

Bucket list items experienced -
Went to a wedding en femme (twice)
Had my hair done at a salon
Totally looked like a princess on Halloween
Shook my bootie with a group of GG's on the dance floor and felt like one of them
Had a 2 week job where I went en femme everyday
Had a guy try to look up my skirt, slapped his hand and told him he owed my 20 bucks (and he gave it to me)
Took a giggly shopping trip to the mall with a GG friend
Went out in a blond wig
Changed my name from Kim to Kimberly Michelle (and have one friend who calls me Kimberly Michelle most of the time)
Having a woman really take me while I was dressed en femme
Publicly came out!
Danced and felt like the sexiest being on the dance floor because I liked how I can move my body
Did a burlesque number for an intimate friend to "For Your Eyes Only" while wearing a sequined dress

Bucket list items I still want to experience -
I want to be a bridesmaid in a wedding
I want to do the femme part of a duet on "Time of My Life" on Just Dance 4, with a woman who is strong enough to dip me
To play a female in a play
To take a partner dance class in a dress and dance the women's part
To go out totally looking like I have cleavage
To own and wear a pair of black patent leather boots
To get rid of the hair on my face!

Paulette
01-09-2013, 03:25 PM
I have my hair cut and colored every 8 weeks by a stylist that knows about Paulette. She cuts my hair in such a manner that I can wear it in male mode and then shift over to Fem by adding my human hair wiglet. Doing my hair this way has been so liberating.

RADER
01-09-2013, 05:07 PM
You folks are very lucky; I wish I had some hair. The few times I go to the Barber,
He puts me Simonize on my head.
Rader

Eryn
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Bucket list items I still want to experience -
To get rid of the hair on my face!

No, you want to experience not having hair on your face. The "getting rid" part is definitely not fun! :eek:

donnatracey
01-10-2013, 02:29 AM
You folks are very lucky; I wish I had some hair. The few times I go to the Barber,
He puts me Simonize on my head.
Rader

Don't feel bad! I stopped going to the barber several years ago as it wasn't worth the $$$$. Do it myself now....more $$$ for wigs, makeup, etc.....:heehee:

Diane Smith
01-11-2013, 02:08 AM
With very few exceptions, people in the beauty industry are very open about gender. Even if it's not their natural inclination, they appreciate that we usually spend generously on beauty services, so it's in their best interest as business people to treat us well. And some, I think, enjoy the novelty and challenge of working with a client who has "special" needs. All in all, a hair or nail salon is probably one of the easiest and most rewarding places to go dressed.

- Diane

AmyGaleRT
01-11-2013, 02:13 AM
That's great, Richelle! I plan to do that one of these days...get my hair styled so it looks better en femme, and yet will still slip up into a ponytail for "stealth" in guy mode. I've been lucky enough to get to grow my hair out for quite some time; my fiancee likes it long. :)

- Amy

kimdl93
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
its great when you can enjoy life's experiences without having to worry about whether you're read or not - simply being accepted as you are. Who knows (or cares) how she interpreted you...what's important is how she responded to you.

Beverley Sims
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Pierced ears is one of my next ones.
I want them but I am finding that one hard to do.
maybe when I go away for an extended period again.