PDA

View Full Version : Funny encounter in public

jjjjohanne
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
I don't know how I forgot to add this story when I posted about my Christmas shopping outing this year... I was dressed in a blouse, a black skirt, black pantyhose, and flats, but my head was male.

For my first stop on my shopping day, I went to the information center for the town I was shopping in. It was early. As I walked in, I walked past a man who was cleaning up leaves, etc. outside. He looked at me as I walked in. I forget if I said hello or not.

After ten or fifteen minutes, I finally got free from the information desk guy who was a bit too helpful. He was just trying to do a good job. He never saw my outfit until I walked away. His back was turned when I walked up. (but I am rambling...)

As I exited the building, the worker was just inside the building doing something. As I walked past him at the exit, he looked at me and then looked down and back up. He had an unusual, sort of friendly, look on his face. He said, "Are you German?" I said no. He said he thought I might be, because of the skirt. I asked, "Do you mean Scottish? They wear kilts." He said, "Yes, that's right." I responded, "No, I'm not Scottish either." I wished him a Merry Christmas and went on my way.

He was very friendly, although inaccurate. :)

kimdl93
01-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Hmmm ...you might have really confused him if you'd had simply said, "Ja" to the first guess, and marched away.

I Am Paula
01-10-2013, 11:05 AM
That's one of those funny, but not at all inappropriate ones. Yesterday at the airport picking up my sister in law, I overheard a man, clearly talking about me, say "It takes balls to come here dressed like that". I just about busted a nut laughing. I think he was trying to be rude, but his mixed gender metaphor was a classic.-Celeste

Ressie
01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
How male was your head? Sideburns? Full beard? hmmmm....

mikiSJ
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
"It takes balls to come here dressed like that"

That somehow has to become a bumper sticker, or at least a signature.

Angela Campbell
01-10-2013, 04:15 PM
But I know a lot of those without them that dress like this.....

CassandraSmith
01-10-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm sure we have some kilt wearing Germans here though right? ;-)

And for the short bare midriff over the 36DD black lace bra T-Shirt... "Yes, they're avocado sized!"

lowxr
01-10-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't know how I forgot to add this story when I posted about my Christmas shopping outing this year... I was dressed in a blouse, a black skirt, black pantyhose, and flats, but my head was male.

For my first stop on my shopping day, I went to the information center for the town I was shopping in. It was early. As I walked in, I walked past a man who was cleaning up leaves, etc. outside. He looked at me as I walked in. I forget if I said hello or not.

After ten or fifteen minutes, I finally got free from the information desk guy who was a bit too helpful. He was just trying to do a good job. He never saw my outfit until I walked away. His back was turned when I walked up. (but I am rambling...)

As I exited the building, the worker was just inside the building doing something. As I walked past him at the exit, he looked at me and then looked down and back up. He had an unusual, sort of friendly, look on his face. He said, "Are you German?" I said no. He said he thought I might be, because of the skirt. I asked, "Do you mean Scottish? They wear kilts." He said, "Yes, that's right." I responded, "No, I'm not Scottish either." I wished him a Merry Christmas and went on my way.

Awesome !!!!! Sitting here laughing so hard.

docrobbysherry
01-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I've taken a lot of crap, heard laffs, and "OMG that's a man"! But, no one has ever thot I was Scottish or wearing a kilt!

Maybe it's time to dump the "school girl" skirts, JJJ?

Samantha45
01-10-2013, 08:28 PM
That somehow has to become a bumper sticker, or at least a signature.

That's great! LOL

jjjjohanne
01-10-2013, 10:08 PM
How male was your head? Sideburns? Full beard? hmmmm....

I had no make up. No beard. Unibrow. I am 6'2" and V-shaped. I have never wanted to be a girl, I have always wanted to wear girls' clothes. Now sometimes I do!
Here is a blog post with a picture of me in a similar outfit (I wore a different skirt recently because the one in these pictures, um... shrunk.)

http://joeypress.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/volunteering-while-crossdressed/

Diane Smith
01-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Your outfit looks very German to me. :)

- Diane

Beverley Sims
02-17-2013, 10:37 PM
I think they just thought you looked curious

Diversity
02-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Cute little story! Gotta give you credit for having the courage to do this. Thanks for sharing!
Di

Amanda M
02-18-2013, 02:14 AM
Great tale. I AM Scottish and I love my kilt - although it does raise a few eyebrows here.

noeleena
02-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Hi,

Yes Cassandra

Verduchen Sie eine deutsche schottische Frau.

Or for those who dont know , a Prussian / scottish woman. & yes iv found our scottish tartan & coat of arm's, So a kilt will be in order, of our clan.

...noeleena...

jjjjohanne
02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
I think he is the first person to initiate an actual conversation with me while I was dressed. The only other people who I can think of who ever initiated a conversation asked me if I worked in the store. I was wearing a lanyard.
... Now that I think of it, I think the first person to speak to me while I was dressed was a woman who said, "Was it a bet?" I smiled and said, "No." That was a long time ago, when I did not have as much nerve as I have now. :)

Leslie Langford
02-19-2013, 01:23 AM

The poor fellow was obviously confused, and was likely thinking of "lederhosen" when he made that German (or more accurately - Bavarian) connection to what you were wearing. Not particularly sexy or girly as ethnic garb goes, although the "hot pants" version can be quite fetching depending who is wearing them ;).

But for the sake of this discussion, it is the Greek "Evzones" who really have the "man in a dress" outfit nailed :eek: :heehee:.