PDA

View Full Version : Met a new friend in Sacramento

GinaD
01-10-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm in Sacramento on business and brought a few outfits with the expectation of seeing some of the town as Gina. After work, I got made up and changed into some jeans with a sweater and boots and hit the local mall. As I browsed, I met a wonderful woman named Linda at a lingerie display. She was very friendly and we started to chat. After a few minutes, she said that she had never met someone like me, and asked if she could shop with me for awhile.

As we shopped, she asked many questions about my experiences as a crossdresser. She appeared to be genuinely interested in my Gina persona and crossdressing in general and displayed no judgmental attitudes whatsoever. She told me of a cousin that also was a crossdresser and she always wanted to know why he did it.

It was really enjoyable being out in public with a woman, dressed as a woman, with no hassles. No one even suggested they had a problem with me as Gina.

We ended up having dinner and she invited me to her apartment for coffee. I gracefully declined claiming an early wake up as I make it a policy to get to know someone for awhile before ever going to their house. We agreed to meet tonight in Old Town for dinner. Glad I thought ahead.

Jodi Anne
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
That nice, hopefully it is just as it looks. I have seen woman act just like men and have something else in mind.

Annaliese
01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Great story, let us know how dinner went.

~Joanne~
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM
That really is a great story :) Now you may have a friend, at least, to go shopping with every now and then. I hope you both enjoy your dinner together and you never know where this may lead ;) Keep us updated!

Paulette
01-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Glad you are having a good time here in Sacramento. I am retired law enforcement also from SoCal but have a home here in Sacramento. I go out all of the time to mainstream venues. I you are ever back this way give me shout and maybe we could go out to dinner or shopping. It is always easier to be out in the evenings with another female. People expect to see two women shopping or having dinner as a person alone you stand out more. I am flying to Phoenix this afternoon for electrolysis on my beard , so I will have a smooth face for a couple of weeks.

Sallee
01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
sounds like the makings of a great friendship. Hope it works out

AllieSF
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I am glad you had and are having a wonderful time in "Sac-o-tomatoes". It really is a great city, with some great restaurants and bars. I have eaten in Old Town a few times and a nice daytime excursion there is to see the railroad museum at the end of the street. Another good area is around K and L streets downtown where there are several good restaurants, including a great wine bar, 58 Degrees and Holding. Continue enjoying your stay and please do let us know how you dinner goes with your new friend.

Debglam
01-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Hi Gina!

If you are here through the weekend, you may want to check this (http://www.rivercitygems.org/events.html#hangover) out. The Gems are having an event on Saturday evening.

Have fun!
Debby

GinaD
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses. We actually did meet downtown and I met with Linda and one of her female friends. We had a really great dinner and spent about three hours just talking. It was so enjoyable being with new people who were completley accepting of my alter ego, with no suggestions of alterior motives. I have so few people like this in my life. We did make it to Old Town but it was really cold. I was wearing a skirt and tights but was still freezing. We ended the night over coffee. Unfortunately, this was my last night and I'm on my way home this afternoon. Wish I could stay the weekend.

Beverley Sims
03-01-2013, 10:48 AM
A nice chance meeting and one that could lead to a good friendship.