PDA

View Full Version : New crowning jewel :)

LauraBird
01-10-2013, 07:55 PM
For a good length of time after coming out to my wife, I refused to get a wig. I don't know why, but it just seemed weird to me. I was happy with just the clothes and clomping around the house. (Though - I also avoided mirrors, as I did NOT like seeing "a guy in a dress" looking back).

~2 years ago or so, she finally convinced me to go get a wig. We hit up a local TG specialty shop and picked one out. As *soon* as I put it on - BAM - Laura was born. I couldn't believe how much of a difference hair made! From that moment on, I HAD to wear it whenever I put any fem clothes on.

After seeing some of Becky's posts, my wife and I got to talking about a new wig. My current one is getting a little beat up. It's a decent wig (not like a costume shop one or anything) but the fibers are plastic and it seems once they get knotted, they kink, and it's getting harder and harder to keep it looking nice. We played around with a bunch of hairstyles on LadiesHomeJournal.com (you can upload your picture and scroll through hundreds of choices) before deciding on a new style.

So today, had a little time, and we decided to run back over to the same TG shop to see what she had. Tried on a few before falling in love with this one. It's longer, it has bangs, just a gentle curl on the ends. I think it looks really cute, very natural, and my wife says it looks a lot more feminine. The fibers are still synthetic but feel SO much nicer. A lot softer, heavier, and lays a lot nicer. Been wearing it since we bought it this afternoon and I can't stop playing with it! On the way over to the shop, I was nervous and self-conscious (even though I was all done up and wearing my old wig). Walking out of there, I didn't want to go home - I wanted to go out and show it off! I am amazed how much impact the right wig can have!

Whaddya think?

Diversity
01-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Looks great!
Di

Nanaya
01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Indeed, hair can make all the difference between looking feminine and not. I have long hair myself, so I don't need wigs, one of the advantages of being a fan of Metal. But wigs certainly are useful for when you don't have that luxury!

I think you look pretty good, by the way. Good job with that!

dana 1
01-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Where did you buy the wig, up in Arlington heights at Rory's ? Are you a Chicagoland tgirl ? It's a great group.

Kathleen Ann Trees
01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Wow! Looks great! Congrat's on your new brunette. I'll be looking for you in the shops.

Kathleen Ann

marny
01-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Wow! That's great that your wife moved you to a wig. it is the next step for me. Wig and makeup. waiting for the right time.

Jenniferathome
01-10-2013, 08:30 PM
I feel much the same way. When I dress, it's all or none now. Of course the freedom of being out helps in being able to make that decision. The wig, more than the forms is the real crossover point from dabbling to serious.

Lynn Marie
01-10-2013, 08:55 PM
There's an amazing transition when the hair goes on. I do my makeup first in my lingerie and heels and then finish it off with my wig. I'm still a guy with a painted face until the hair goes! Then wow, Lynn shows up and isn't she cute! A dress or skirt and blouse and a few accessories makes her complete and ready for the world. I love being a crossdresser!

LauraBird
01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Where did you buy the wig, up in Arlington heights at Rory's ? Are you a Chicagoland tgirl ? It's a great group.

Yes got it from Rori's. :) She has a pretty great wig selection.

I've only been to one of her events, and that was just this past Halloween. Every time I've gone in there she's made sure to invite me to the monthly T-parties... so far, I always seem to remember it AFTER it happens. I might try to make next week's... all depends on how work (and the wife+child) shake out. I have a LOOOONG commute and have to leave the office pretty early if I want to be able to get home, change, do makeup, and get there before it ends - and that also means that my wife will have to go out with the kiddo for a while so that I can change and leave! It's a lot to coordinate.

LauraBird
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Wow! That's great that your wife moved you to a wig. it is the next step for me. Wig and makeup. waiting for the right time.

Yes it's a pretty strange transformation. :) I'm generally pretty "manly" but the first time I saw myself in the mirror with the wig and full makeup (wife did it for me and wouldn't let me see until she was done), I teared up.... I didn't recognize myself.

Thanks to everybody for the compliments so far! :) Laura is a happy girl right now!

ArleneRaquel
01-10-2013, 09:32 PM
LauraBird,
You go girl ! :) Lovely & alluring.

S. Lisa Smith
01-10-2013, 09:59 PM
You look great!!!!!

MissTee
01-10-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree with the others. Not having the hair limits the experience. I have a dozen or so wigs, and I'm just as nutty with shoes. You look great!!

BTW: The best part of your experience most certainly is a supportive wife. Hug her often!!

Julie Denier
01-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Fabulous! That wig so suits you. The right wig can really make or break a look, and I think I've finally found the right ones for me. Keep those pics coming! ;)

RenneB
01-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Looking good girl.... however for me that first 'hair' wasn't enough... They're cheap enough to wear often and toss or spend some time on them to defriz and whatnot... I just counted, I think I'm up to 10 or more....

Thanks for sharing.....

Renne.....

LaraPeterson
01-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Excuse me Laura, but you DO NOT look manly in those photos; you look great!

AmyGaleRT
01-11-2013, 12:34 AM
There's an amazing transition when the hair goes on. I do my makeup first in my lingerie and heels and then finish it off with my wig. I'm still a guy with a painted face until the hair goes! Then wow, Lynn shows up and isn't she cute! A dress or skirt and blouse and a few accessories makes her complete and ready for the world. I love being a crossdresser!

Just for fun, Lynn, I tried dressing in your sequence tonight. I put all my lingerie on, including my forms, then did my makeup, then popped off my ponytail holder and brushed my hair into shape. It worked! That's when Amy truly showed up in the mirror. What's more, just then, Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" came on on my Pandora station, and I was practically dancing while finishing brushing out my hair and getting the rest of my clothes on! It felt wonderful! Just remembering it, sitting here all dressed up, is making me smile and feel very girly. :battingeyelashes:

- Amy

Camille15
01-11-2013, 12:46 AM
The wig looks great on you! Very femm, and I think it's a good color choice for you. I am naturally dark haired, but have always gone for blond wigs, mostly b/c that's what I started with at Halloween time one year. But I'm more and more tempted to try my natural color.

You have one incredible wife. Make sure she knows that.

kimdl93
01-11-2013, 12:48 PM
the new wig looks really great. And I want to convey my appreciation to your wife for her supportive and encouraging attitude!

One observation - its true that a wig can be transformative in and of itself. I had forms and shapers but held off on the wig for a while...but once I got it, I genuinely felt complete...and I saw a woman in the mirror rather than a guy in drag.

carhill2mn
01-11-2013, 01:10 PM
For me, putting on my wig after having done my makeup, etc. is the finishing touch to my feminine image.

Maria S
01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
What is a nice feeling is to buy a wig from an ordinary wig shop. When I brought my current wig my wife came with me but I had to try it on in boy mode as my wife does not come out with Maria.

Maria

Beverley Sims
01-11-2013, 01:59 PM
A new wig really has a psychological effect on me.
It does make me feel more secure going out than if I was wearing an ok one.

GinaD
01-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Looks great Laura! A woman's hair is her glory.

Ms. Laura
01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
You look beautiful Laura! The wig really does change it all, followed by the eye makeup in my opinion.

Good for you and what a wonderful wife you have!

And I love your name too... :)

Catherine Hopkins
01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Good choice, Laura. Ticks all the boxes for your face and in general for most feminising styles.

SandraInHose
01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
I have a couple of el cheapo wigs, and they look exactly like what they are...bad Halloween wigs.

But my wife bought a very nice expensive wig a few years ago. One day I reluctantly put it on and WOW, what a difference. I really made my overall appearance AND mentality become substantially more feminine. One day I'm gonna have to get my own!

And Laura, as others have said, you look great! The entire outfit!

Rachel Schaedel
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
You look wonderful! I know how you feel and as a result that's why I let my hair grow out. It is now almost down to my lower back and it makes a world of difference for my confidence. Have fun with it and enjoy a new you.

Annaliese
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
You should have gone out you look amazing.

MsJanessa
01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
It's a beautiful wig---makes you look so femme

Billie1
01-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Great pics! You look wonderful!

LauraBird
01-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks everybody!!! :)

dana 1
01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
The Chicago tgirls have get togethers at least two times a week and sometimes four or five times. Nice friendly girls no kinky stuff. They go bowling, shows, lunches, drinks, shopping you name it. Most of the get togethers are in the south burbs.