PDA

View Full Version : Places to go

Maria S
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
I love to go out and about else Maria is a prisoner in her own home. Trouble is where to go. There is only so much window shopping a girl can do. I also have to take into account not being a go out person in male mode, having a lack of money, so can't really have a social life leaving the wife at home watching the telly. She won't come out with me in Maria mode.

Hmm!

Maria

kimdl93
01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
It seems that you need to work on coaxing along your wife. If you could get her to go along to some less busy venue...maybe a park or just drive.

Stephanie47
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I experienced the same "problem." The "thrill" of going out, even if it for a drive or a walk, loses its luster after awhile. Once you accept your female inner self, wouldn't you just do what you would do in male mode. Stephanie, a woman of the 1950's and 1960's, would not be working on a car engine or mowing the lawn-period! Why walk around outside of the confines of the home and yard, if there is no reason to do so?

Jenniferathome
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Is it that she will not go with you for fear of being recognized together or she just can not be with you while dressed?

If the former, then go someplace just a few towns away. A glass of wine and a snack is not too expensive, you have to eat anyway. That makes for an afternoon of fun.

Melissa Rose
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Is there a CD or TG group in your area of the UK? Attending group functions can be a great way of getting out of the house and expanding your world. Some encourage or welcome spouses to attend so when your wife is ready, if ever, she could go with you. An added bonus is you may make a great friend or two, and perhaps one nearby. I know us Yanks tend to tolerate driving long distances, but some in the group I am part of drive 50-100 miles to attend functions since it is the only comfortable and safe way for them to get out.

Beverley Sims
01-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Being on the Isle of Sheppey I was looking at the map and it would be a small community, I would suggest Chatham or Maidstone.
How far into London? That looks like a big town close to you. Probably an hour away?

ReineD
01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I also have to take into account not being a go out person in male mode, having a lack of money, so can't really have a social life leaving the wife at home watching the telly.

Are there bookshops that have lounge/coffee areas with wi-fi in your corner of the world? Here in the US we have Barnes & Noble that have a Starbucks inside. People go there to read the paper or a book and have a coffee. It's a pleasant way to spend an hour and if you go regularly, you'll eventually get to know the other regulars.

rita63
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
As a recovering alcohalic there is little in my small city. My support group meets twice a month and I wear jeans and a T my femme undie and my hair down, it covers my earings, and sparse makeup for the bus ride down. I add to the makeup and style my hair when I arrive. Other than that there is one coffee shop that welcomes trans people but it is a long way and you don't know if anyone else will be there. There is of course the bar scene, mostly gay bars but they are not for me. I do go to Toronto every few months and stay in the gay village and dress there but again its mainly bars, although some AA meetings are welcoming. I am slowly coming out more in my home town but will have to retire to come out completly, not too much longer. Still I have more than my rural neighbours and many others in less tolerant communities ( at least Canadians don't shoot each other often).

hugss rita

jillleanne
01-11-2013, 06:10 PM
If you are willing and able, you can donate your time to local charity functions; soup kitchens, foodbanks, etc.Many couldn't care less what you do or look like, they just want good help. Costs you nothing and shares a small part of you helping less fortunate people in a small way.

Tara D. Rose
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
I feel the same way. When I become Tara, I feel somewhat imprisoned inside my heart. I want to go out but where to go? Maybe one day I'll get my wife to just go for an after dark ride with me to nowhere.