PDA

View Full Version : Saying or almost saying hello to someone you know

Being Paige
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Has anyone mistakingly said or almost said hello to someone while out dressed that would only know you as a male. I was out today and said hello to alot of people that know me as Paige and I even met new people. The thought crossed my mind what if I noticed someone I knew, but they didn't know me as Paige, we cross paths and I blurt out Hello and totally out myself to them :eek: Now I have come across people while out as Paige and cross paths with them that know me as Paige, I just though what the Hell would I do?

Michaelasfun
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
I haven't had it happen, but have thought it thru. Since they don't know me as a female, I don't know them and hence wouldn't say anything. Now, whether they'd clock me or not..opens a Pandora's box....

Kate Simmons
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Not sure my friend but I do know once the cat-o is out of the bag-o, you ain't gettin' him (or her) back in.:)

Persephone
01-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Worries me too!

I had a odd one along this line a couple of days ago. I (en femme) was in an elevator at the medical building and a woman and a man with her got into the elevator. She and I smiled at each other and she said, "I think I know you"

That could have been totally possible, but I didn't recognize her or the guy with her, so I smiled and said,"That's possible, maybe we've seen each other here in the building?"

She agreed that might have been the case.

Hugs,
Persephone.

carhill2mn
01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Several years ago I attended a Christmas cooncert. As I came in the door a man greeted me. I realized it was friend of mine from my church choir. I said "Hello" back to him, smiled and proceded to buy my ticket.

A couple of weeks later I was seated next to him as my male self after choir practice. We chatted as usual. He made no mention of having seen me en femme at the concert and has never mentioned anything about it.

Ame Anderson
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Southern girls say hi to everyone. Southern Gentlemen greet everyone the same. So should it really matter.

Beverley Sims
01-13-2013, 12:42 PM
I am always acknowledging people in either mode, but I am careful not to slip up and acknowledge people cross mode.
It can be an easy mistake.

BillieJoEllen
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
One Friday night many years ago as I was walking down the street I turned the corner and lo and behold there was someone I knew pretty well from work. It was about -15* and I was dressed to the nines. We quickly glanced at each other and went on our way. I dreaded going back to work on Monday because I always saw him first thing in the morning. I had no idea if he recognized me or not. As it turned out he didn't because he was probably kept busy in his mind figuring out a way to keep warm.

kimdl93
01-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Not really. When I've been out and met acquaintances that knew me in male mode, I invariably engage them in conversation. I suppose that's in large part because I expect them to recognize me, which has usually been the case. I guess in the reverse situation, those people who only have met me while en femme, I'd do the same.

Foxglove
01-15-2013, 02:32 PM
I have this problem from time to time, saying hello to people who may or may not already know me as "Annabelle". If I do slip up and they're really puzzled as to who I am, it's no big deal. This is a small town, and whoever doesn't know me yet (and there's probably few of them) will cop onto me before long.

Annabelle