PDA

View Full Version : Why The Concern About What Other CDs Wear?

Duana
01-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I don't get the need to insult or simply remark about each others choice of clothing when it doesn't fit our sensibilities, style or idea of what a crossdresser should wear.

I see crossdressers disparaged for liking jeans, for not dressing formal enough, for not dressing completely, for not dressing your age, for skirts too short, for wearing flats instead of heels.

Jeez Louise.

A) It's not your business what anyone else wears
B) It's not polite
C) It shows a lack of awareness in the world, that we're not all like YOU.

There is no ANSI standard for crossdressing attire so just chill out.

Marleena
01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't care what anybody wears or doesn't wear.

sissystephanie
01-11-2013, 09:13 PM
I would certainly agree with Marleena. I care about what I wear, because it is my business and no one elses! But what others wear is their business, not mine or that of anyone else!

Marissa
01-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Well, first off let me say Duana..YOU set a standard with that sexy avatar ;) ok, just teasing a bit, but I have to agree with your statements given that a few threads just popped up and a few have in the past about questioning ones choice of clothing or style, if you will.. we are varied people and that comes with varied styles..for varied occassions. We don't always get it right, but we do what feels good to us or maybe want to take that chance on what we could never have done before. What drives us to make the choices is our own and no one has the right to state a standard. They have a right to make a judgement if so desire..just as we each have a right to accept or take notice of that judgement. Freedom is such a nice word.

Angela Campbell
01-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Whats good for you may not be good for me, whats good for me may not be good for you.

kimdl93
01-11-2013, 10:22 PM
I fully concur.

Karren H
01-11-2013, 10:24 PM
if was stop talking about what everyone wears its going to get damn quiet around here......

Duana
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
if was stop talking about what everyone wears its going to get damn quiet around here......

Ok, great but that wasn't the question. Why do you feel the NEED to talk about it?

Tara D. Rose
01-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Well there have been threads talking about many things by way of cd's. We live and learn. We look at pictures of cd's all around the world, not just on here but in person and so many other web sites as well. In the cd world there are so many diversities among us. Like not all whites are the same or blacks are all the same. Not all cd's are the same. We are all young and old and somewhere in between, with so many blends from so many cultures. Some may dress one way and yet feel another. Some dress as a feeling but yet look different from the feeling. Some pose certain ways in all of their pictures, some pose with so much diversity of poses. Some Photoshop all of their pictures, some show the real deal. Some are fetish dressers, some dress how they feel and were born. Some dress for attention and some dress to blend, some dress alone and some dress to share. We're all in this together. The term cross dresser continues to evolve in it's definition. But nonetheless, I wish it was as cut and dried as I once thought it was. Not all of us are the same. The more I have learned, the more I wish I hadn't. For it puts me back into the lonesomeness I once knew, I'm now finding a long lost friend in myself, and that it one of oneness, like that unto an island. So sad in reality sometimes. Some cd's take pics for how they feel, even though the reflection may not always match the feelings and emotions inside. But the ones that look upon, see's the images of the pictures so differently than is the mindset that comes from within the human. Words here oftentimes can show a vision more than a picture. We all are different in so many ways. It will be so hard to put us all into categories. Maybe one day we can break it all down into categories. I give kudos to all cd's that are reaching out and trying, even though their pictures they post may fall somewhat short of the image they feel inside. Then learn from their words of who they are and how they feel.
Maybe one day on here, there can be another forum to separate the many categorical sub types between cd's. For I know we are not all the same, and so when viewing pics, some of us may see something different in the person posting, like we are all the same, but to each in their own understanding in their viewing of pictures, I can see the happiness they feel inside far from the outer vision of a certain picture. Some pull it off so well, and have just begun a few weeks earlier and have never had it inside. Some were born with it and could never become successful with capturing the inner image in pictures. I know I fall so far short of that as well. I speak only from a cd stand point.

Karren H
01-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Ok, great but that wasn't the question. Why do you feel the NEED to talk about it?

I enjoy judging people! lol

Nicole Erin
01-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Women and TG in general feel the need to decide what is in fashion.
It is ridiculous cause get this - some folks out there will or won't wear certain things because some "fashion expert" said it was or wasn't alright.
Some people are slaves to fashion. Granted there are some styles that just are not appealing to anyone (say like a lime green suit) but people just have a habit of wanting to pick each other apart.

The real key to style is being proud of your own style. That is how one can pull off their own look, should it divert from the latest "Fashions".

Take this hot fashion topic - hosiery. Supposedly, Kate Middleton brought back hosiery. Ahh OK, so ONE woman decides they are now in style again, the rest of us have permission to wear. Give me a break.

Oh and get this - you know who decides what is in style for women? Gay fashion designers! The hell do they know about a woman's external beauty anyways?

Marleena
01-11-2013, 11:50 PM

Here come Da Judge! (where did I get that saying from?):D

PretzelGirl
01-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Rowan and Martin' Laugh-In

Back to the main point. Discussing clothing is perfectly fine. Being judgmental while doing so starts crossing a line.

Duana
01-11-2013, 11:53 PM

Ah, thanks for your answer :) I don't have much use for the Bible but I think there's a warning in it for people like you ;)

Ressie
01-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Anyone opposed to green pantyhose?

kimberly ann487
01-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Ah, thanks for your answer :) I don't have much use for the Bible but I think there's a warning in it for people like you ;)

Yes, I think it's: Thou shalt not crosscheck thy neighbor.

Marleena
01-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Anyone opposed to green pantyhose?

Nope, I had a pair myself.:)

Link: http://www.shapings.com/pantyhose/agata-20.html

Tara D. Rose
01-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Rowan and Martin' Laugh-In

Back to the main point. Discussing clothing is perfectly fine. Being judgmental while doing so starts crossing a line. I remember that show like it was Yesterday. I wonder what would have happened if they showed a cross dresser and said "look that up in your Funk and Wagnell's.

Very True right now, I have a full volume in the back of my car as I type this of a set of Funk and Wagnell's from that era as we were cleaning out my late Mother's house. The family gave them to me. I don't know if they are worth anything except for conversation pieces. But as I reminisce to those days, if they had brought a cross dresser out on that stage back then, even Nixon would have said, ,,,,,,,??????/

NathalieX66
01-12-2013, 01:27 AM
I live to be me.
I do not take notes for other CD'ers on how to do it, unless they are doing something better than me that I want to be good at.

There are no rules....live life as you need to live it.

noeleena
01-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi.

Fashon right, well iv been out side of fashon for years, yet wear clothes & you know what ill say, in the 1900 to 1914. now i know very few here will dress as we do some 20 of us okay its the Edwardian times,

& the other group 1400 to 1700. garb = clothes, & they suit me far better than your up to date newer styles, or my day to day wear, now i wonder what many here would say to us if or when you could meet us & see for your selfs our clothes, of those times, i think there would be a contrast .

...noeleena...

AmyGaleRT
01-12-2013, 04:44 AM
I don't disparage anything another CD might wear. What looks good on me might not look good on them, and vice versa. The most I would do is offer some constructive criticism or suggestions about how it might be improved. Sometimes people want that sort of feedback. I plan to ask for that kind of feedback myself, when I've accumulated some pictures of what I think are decent outfits, and I would hope people would be honest (OK, maybe "kindly honest" :) ) with me when I do.

- Amy

Vickie_CDTV
01-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Remember, some (some...) of it is good natured ribbing between folks, especially between occasional TVs (who like to dress up and wear high heels, hose and dressy clothes) and TS (those who live fulltime and dress like GGs in everyday clothes.)

Raychel
01-12-2013, 06:25 AM
I don't think it really matter how anyone dresses, unless going out in public.
If you are just around the house you should dress however you feel most comfortable
weather you like dressing like a hooker or like a prom queen. Be youself.

But if you are stepping out the door, please remember that you are being an embassador for our
whole community, Please dress like you would want the world to think about us.

Cheryl T
01-12-2013, 06:42 AM

I'm "interested" in what others wear, but I don't have a NEED to talk about it. Rather it's a curiosity and a desire to share information.

Billie1
01-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Ever been around a bunch of GG's, just hanging out, and 'people warching'?

Listen to one of those conversations, and, wow, will you hear some judemental comments.

Myself, I just enjoy being me, and God bless everyone else for going what works for them. If the high-heel fits . . .

Laura912
01-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Agree with Cheryl even though I have fun teasing Karren about those jeans. Mine are size six.

Marleena
01-12-2013, 08:30 AM
I think for the most part we just try to help others "pass" (I hate that word) if they're going out. Most of the girls know what does or doesn't work out in public for blending in. We also joke with each other especially about jeans (Hi Karren..:).

Sara Jessica
01-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I live to be me.
I do not take notes for other CD'ers on how to do it, unless they are doing something better than me that I want to be good at.

There are no rules....live life as you need to live it.

Yes, for the most part, the last person I would look to for fashion advice is another TG individual. Reason being is that I aspire to be a woman, not another TG.

But about rules...

If you are just around the house you should dress however you feel most comfortable
weather you like dressing like a hooker or like a prom queen. Be youself.

But if you are stepping out the door, please remember that you are being an embassador for our
whole community, Please dress like you would want the world to think about us.

Nicely said Raychel!!! The expression "when in Rome" fits here. I pay attention to style. We all do to a certain extent because it tends to dictate the clothes which are available on the racks in the first place (unless one shops thrift stores where you might find modern to vintage and everything in between). I pay attention to what other women are wearing and most of the time I am mindful of time, place, event, weather and how others might be dressing when making my decisions when out & about. I want those who read me as being TG (meaning pretty much everyone who sees me, or such is my assumption) to think that I am not one of those garish & outlandish individuals seen on the likes of Jerry Springer. My goal is to leave a positive impression, my way of being an ambassador for our community, for any TG individual who happens to follow in my wake.

As such, this is the same advice I would give to anyone going out & about. If one stays at home and doesn't see the light of day beyond their back yard, all bets are off. But I have zero sympathy for anyone who complains about being mocked or ridiculed when out & about in their micro mini, tube top, fishnets and stripper heels. Again, "when in Rome..."

Momarie
01-12-2013, 09:50 AM

You make me laugh out loud Karen.

Sure is a lot more fun than people inventing sh*t to b*tch about.

Kelly DeWinter
01-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Duanna,

Actually there IS a "ANSI standard for crossdressing attire", called UGLY - "Unusual Garments Like Yours" which was established when the French Crossdresser Wifflie deFemMann invented French Couture the style of clothing that allowed anything from fur bikinis to duct tape prom gowns to be considered 'fashion'

Kelly

Beverley Sims
01-12-2013, 01:20 PM
I see girls wearing all kinds of s**t it just helps improve my eyesight.
Better than seeing girls in boring old jeans and dresses.
If a CD'er wore those things I would probably stare.

~Joanne~
01-12-2013, 01:46 PM

lmao

Take this hot fashion topic - hosiery. Supposedly, Kate Middleton brought back hosiery. Ahh OK, so ONE woman decides they are now in style again, the rest of us have permission to wear. Give me a break.

Why not? it only takes one lunatic to gun people down and they run crazy to make 100 new laws out of 300 million people. I have a real problem with ONE person changing any aspect of life unless of coarse it's a CD making CDing socially acceptable. I'd like that one ;)

as for what others wear and such, have at it. Like everyone is saying, I dress for me and me alone. Yes, I like opinions and feedback to help improve my look but if I don't agree with the opinion/feedback, I thank them and do what I will anyways. Most of the time , WE WANT FEEDBACK, so it seems your making an issue out of a non issue here.

We know Karren is going to rip us for liking and wearing jeans, does that stop anyone who does? No. We know a bunch of girls are anti Pantyhose, does that stop anyone from wearing pantyhose? No. We know we buy our skirts too short but does that stop anyone from wearing them? No.

Basically, each girl is their own person and GOD bless them, do what you feel is right for you. Myself, I want to present My age and as close as feminine as I can. It's my choice.

Jessica Who
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
I've never been one to judge others for what they wear, I only say something if someone specifically comes to me for some fashion advice. I think we should all be free to dress how we please (in accordance with decency laws)

Karren H
01-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Lucky for me we heathens dont have bibles.....

Sissy_Michelle
01-13-2013, 07:14 PM
My answer is "B".

Kelli Ca
01-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Be who you want wear what you wnt let everyone else do what they want, something like tat

CassandraSmith
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't get the need to insult or simply remark about each others choice of clothing when it doesn't fit our sensibilities, style or idea of what a crossdresser should wear.

I see crossdressers disparaged for liking jeans, for not dressing formal enough, for not dressing completely, for not dressing your age, for skirts too short, for wearing flats instead of heels.

Jeez Louise.

A) It's not your business what anyone else wears
B) It's not polite
C) It shows a lack of awareness in the world, that we're not all like YOU.

There is no ANSI standard for crossdressing attire so just chill out.

I'm averse to being catty myself but I sort of wondered if that might happen here from time to time. It is the dark side of femme behavior in a sense, no? Girls sometimes misbehave; I hope it doesn't happen to me though.

Cassy

Andrea Renea
01-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I only follow ASME codes and standards. lol

NicoleScott
01-15-2013, 10:15 AM
... if you are stepping out the door, please remember that you are being an embassador for our
whole community...

Someone should have told me that I've been named as an ambassador. haha
Who judges what is appropriate (or not) for public wear?
Show me a CD who is "inappropriately" dressed, and I'll show you 10 GG's similarly "inappropriate". Maybe they need more ambassadors.