PDA

View Full Version : Kid in a candy store

Emma Beth
01-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Come out of the closet to my wife, check.

First bra and panties, check.

Now what?

I've been thinking and looking at different looks and styles for my wish list and it's like I'm a kid in a candy store. There are so many looks and styles that I like that I'm not sure where to start, after filling out my undies drawer.

I've been looking at some of the customers that come through the store I work at and I seem to be drawn to the different styles with jeans and boots. I really like the diversity in the tops and jackets I always see. I'm also noticing how you can change the look with just the right accessories as well.

With this in mind I seem to be partial to this look.

Then I know that I really love the skirts and what goes with them.

Some advice on prioritizing the wish list would be great.

Brenda79135
01-12-2013, 06:29 AM
A personal style is just that personal. Only you (and maybe your wife) can determine your style. For myself, it is more about texture than anything else. I perfer soft solid colors over the flowery prints.

Cheryl T
01-12-2013, 06:39 AM
I would try to observe women in your age group and similar body type first if you want to "be in style".
Otherwise, shop for things that you would enjoy wearing. Find clothing that will make you happy when you wear them.

Angela Campbell
01-12-2013, 06:44 AM
You will just have to try different things to see what works best for you. You will find what looks good on others may not look good on you and you may find some things are surprisingly well suited to you. Its not a race, no need to rush. Look around, see what you like, try it, one thing leads to another, and before long you will know your style!

Billie1
01-12-2013, 07:07 AM
"Kid in a candy store"

Ha! That's me at VS!
:D

I'll just go into sensory overload, fry a few neural synapsis, then go to Macy's, Penny's or Target. So, in keeping with my eternal quest for balance in the universe, my selections at those stores are a vain attempt to neutralize the fun stuff I've bought earlier. Kind of a Yin-Yang thing. It never really works, but it makes for an interesting shopping trip!

Keri L
01-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Maybe a pencil skirt and blouse first, then a sheath dress with some sort of stretchy material that is form fitting, and of course some black high heels!

Another great investment is a shaper/hip and butt pads and, depending on your figure, maybe a corset.

Elle1946
01-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a major attack of the PINK FOG!!!!

Sandra1746
01-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Going slowly is the advice I'll offer but I admit to not following it myself at times. You risk alienating your wife but mostly you will waste funds if you go too fast. My advice (worth every cent you are paying) is to buy some fem jeans and fem tops to wear on a regular basis; some practical shoes would work too. Underdressing is easier with panties, a bra and pantyhose or tights.

A skirt and blouse might also be OK but try and buy things you might wear out on a regular basis unless you are planning to remain "in the closet". Taking your time will give you a chance to decide where this new phase of your life goes; besides it gives you more time to go shopping (but not always buying).

Good luck and welcome,
Sandra1746

Jenniferathome
01-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Everyone has their own style but my advice is DO NOT run out and shop till you drop. Most newbies buy without a plan. For example, you buy a skirt and several tips that don't match. Party dresses look great, but are not practical. also, are you planning to go out? if so, where? dress for the occasion and location. Do a lot of people watching. What goes together? Ask your wife! What a great resource. Also, fashion changes with the seasons, so buy something that works now but wait for Spring fashions to come out, then Summer, etc. build a wardrobe that lasts rather than one that is just voluminous in the closet.

xxLaurenCDxx
01-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I would go for heels first, to me they are one of the best things that girls get to wear.

genevie
01-12-2013, 10:39 AM

Or you could share my current dream/wish list item. :battingeyelashes:

Ms. Laura
01-12-2013, 10:44 AM
For me, the wig and makeup are the basis of "transforming." Then the outfit. Maybe something simple like a girly sweater and jeans or leggings? I find sweaters to hide a thousand sins, and can be matched with nearly any type of bottom.

Boots are IN right now and also can go with many things.

Beverley Sims
01-12-2013, 01:09 PM
It can be like a lolly shop... What to choose first, then second, then on and on......

Emma Beth
01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
I thank everyone for their kind advice.

The wish list is just that right now, I'm just trying to get some ideas and I have gotten the best ideas.

I caught myself at work today looking at the ladies shopping and thinking about their outfits and how they put them together and how each item seemed to work.

I find that I seem to be leaning toward the skinny jeans styles first and then branching out from there. The looks I have seen seem to be the most versatile to my eye, and I tend to be more practical than anything; shoes and accessories baby. Of course this means a work out routine to flatten the belly a good bit; a doable project.

I do plan on going out en femme eventually, but not until I can get everything to work together. I am accessing my wife as a resource, but she's letting me make my discoveries and assisting me on how to make them work.

LaraPeterson
01-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Jamie, Caitlyn got it exactly right. If you can "pull it off," a pencil skirt and nice silky blouse with black heels fits just about anywhere. And I'll add this, anything you can wear in black, do it. Black is almost always slimming and everyone needs a "little black dress," right?

Emma Beth
01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Hmmmm, the little black dress. I hadn't thought about one of those.

Well, I have something else to keep in mind when we go out window shopping and then save up for.

AmyGaleRT
01-13-2013, 03:58 AM
If it helps, Jamie, I found, on some Web site or another (EDIT: it's Glamour magazine (http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2012/08/10-wardrobe-essentials-every-woman-should-own#slide=1)), a list of "10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own." Here's the summary:

Plain white tee
Black leggings
Ballet flats
Skin-tone matching camisole
Black cardigan
Classic pumps
Dark denim jeans
White blouse
Little black dress
Classic black pants

Many of these items are versatile, and you can work from there to find pieces that will go with them, and then other pieces that will complement them, etc.

- Amy

Jenn A116
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
If it helps, Jamie, I found, on some Web site or another (EDIT: it's Glamour magazine (http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2012/08/10-wardrobe-essentials-every-woman-should-own#slide=1)), a list of "10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own." Here's the summary:

Plain white tee
Black leggings
Ballet flats
Skin-tone matching camisole
Black cardigan
Classic pumps
Dark denim jeans
White blouse
Little black dress
Classic black pants

Many of these items are versatile, and you can work from there to find pieces that will go with them, and then other pieces that will complement them, etc.

- Amy

I so love this list. I must go shopping since I've only got about 30% of this list.

Kathy4ever
01-15-2013, 06:07 AM
I understand completely. There are so many choices and we are behind the 8 ball because we don't have any or only a few fem items. You have first look at your budget and figure out what can afford to spend and proceed to the buying part. You will find it will be expensive but can afford more if you go to a thrift store. Look for sales on panties, bra and make up. You got the hard part over in that your wife is okay with it. If you go to fast she might not like it if she can't shop herself. Have your wife help you out.