PDA

View Full Version : O.K. - this might sound morbid, but...

Leslie Langford
01-12-2013, 05:53 PM
...given the demographics of this forum where a lot of our members seem to be in the 50+ age bracket and we have fewer years ahead of us than behind us, the thought occurs:

"Given the opportunity and under the right circumstances, would you prefer to be buried en femme as your female persona, or follow conventional practices and be dispatched to the Great Beyond as your male self?"

Granted, a lot depends on the degree to which a person was already "out" in real life, and it may not be the best time to spring this "surprise" on unknowing family and friends, even if it is too late for personal consequences.

Still, the thought is intriguing, and part of me (the pink fog part :eek: :heehee: :doh:) is really starting to think seriously about this...

PaulaAnn
01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Without a doubt ,I WILL exit as a woman .....and yes ,I'll be dressed to the nines !:battingeyelashes:

Luna Nyx
01-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I would go to a funeral en femme if I had someone that knew me as Luna and Luna only. As for being buried en femme it is yet to be thought about.

Angela Campbell
01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Not me, I told them to put me in a hefty sack at the corner of the lawn.

Leah Lynn
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Not an issue for me. My instructions are the same as my wife's were; cremation and no viewing of the body.

bridget thronton
01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
I will be buried in my favorite skirt suit and my academic regalia

Laura912
01-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Any spare parts will go for organ donation with cremation for the rest. Clothes to Goodwill. Why burn up a nice dress? :)

Raychel
01-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I know how I would prefer to be burried, but that will be up to my wife when the time comes.

sandra-leigh
01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
At this point I feel that it would be a betrayal of me to bury me in male clothes. Just like it would be a betrayal to bury me in the "family plot", as I am not a member of the only religion accepted in that cemetery.

Marleena
01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Sheesh...another reminder of getting old!

I'll be a crispy critter so I'm not too concerned what I'll be wearing. If I'm still not out to family by then a picture of my guy self (but when younger) will be fine with me.

Dana L
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I've given my wife specific instructions. I will be burried as a woman, hair done, full make up, nails painted, my favorite skirt suit and blouse with my black strappy heels. This way if I never get up the nerve to go out enfemme, I'll finnaly do it.

Kelley
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
I have just recently thought about this. I think they can dress me anyway they want as long as I have on my favorite undies.

LACD
01-12-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm going for cremation. I guess after a viewing clothes could be changed but just to burn I don't think so.

Stephanie47
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
"
Granted, a lot depends on the degree to which a person was already "out" in real life, and it may not be the best time to spring this "surprise" on unknowing family and friends, even if it is too late for personal consequences.

And, what makes you think there cannot be any personal consequences. Instead of your favorite suit or evening gown you may find yourself donning some hideous sack cloth dress; granny panties instead of cute Victoria Secret lacy panties; granny shoes instead of five inch patent leather heels; torn hosiery; a rat's nest looking wig.....

Just think of making it to the Pearly Gates dressed like that.

Lady Catherine
01-12-2013, 07:54 PM
I want to be turned into a skeleton and given to a school somewhere that needs one.

Alice B
01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Not an issue with me, I'm going to be scattered at sea over the reef program I ran for years.

Kate Simmons
01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
I think much of it has to do with what you believe will happen after physical death. For myself, it matters little what they do with the remains as I believe it's just a transition and I also believe what lies beyond for me is of feminine energy character. What I'm doing now is more or less "practice" ;):)

Kelly DeWinter
01-12-2013, 08:55 PM
It depends, whats the ash capacity of a pair of Manolo Blahnik's ?

Amanda22
01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Good thread. The more unusual the topic, the better, IMO. Yes, I'd definitely be buried in a dress.

Julie Gaum
01-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Dreams versus reality, "live in hope but die in dispair". It's okay to hope that you will be buried or cremated in clothing that you are wearing now but how and where do people really die? Perhaps in a gory car accident, or wearing a hospital gown with an IV in your arm, or maybe at home in your 80s (like me) or 90s with family at your bedside, or in an institution catering to dementia. Will you then have a loved one available to carry out your wishes? Maybe or maybe not. For me, even though I could pick a family plot which is too crowded for me with centuries of family buried, or with my cousin who no longer remembers me since Alzheimer's kicked in, it will be a plot I selected on a hill in Washington state with mountains behind me and an ocean below (Silly isn't it?). Alone after a half century only a "missing plane formation" above and taps by my side will wish me godspeed. How I would be dressed doesn't matter since my casket will already be closed for the 3000 mile trip west. To each his own.
Julie

DianeDeBris
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Personally, I want to be scattered out of an airplane. Not cremated, mind you, just scattered.

Billie1
01-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Personally, I want to be scattered out of an airplane. Not cremated, mind you, just scattered.

:lol2::jumping::lol2::jumping::lol2:

Jorja
01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
I want to be turned into a skeleton and given to a school somewhere that needs one.

As if the schools don't have enough skeletons in their closets already. :)

Seeing as I am out and have been for years, I know I will be buried as a female.

Nikki A.
01-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Personally I really don't care, I'll be dead so what do I care.
That said I guess I'd prefer to be dressed but at least let me underdressed at least.

lingerieLiz
01-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Donate the carcus for me. I believe in recycling.

DonnaG
01-12-2013, 11:49 PM
With my wonderful family only concerned with who gets what I doubt anybody will be looking in the box. Might give the EMTs a laugh when they collect the remains.

GaleWarning
01-13-2013, 02:30 AM
My will says I am to be cremated as inexpensively as possible. I'll probably be in the nude.

noeleena
01-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Hi,

Cant do any other than as i have allways been a woman so no ? there, as to what i wear, my ball gown will do ,& Jos will see to that, well family all know im a woman & my friends & my names will show both sides of myself, ill be here in Waimate, where i have lived so far for over 15 years,

...noeleena...

Diane Smith
01-13-2013, 03:32 AM
I want to be laid naked in an open field and my bones picked clean by vultures.

- Diane

ChelseaErtel
01-13-2013, 05:51 AM
I told my wife to do whatever she prefers. I really don't care. But, I do want a big party to celebrate life and everyone being together. Being blown up into a millions pieces would be fun - on Mythbusters.

Foxglove
01-13-2013, 05:51 AM
If, upon my demise, my legal name is "Annabelle Larousse"--which I believe it certainly will be--then let those dealing with the affair decide for themselves. If they want to bury me in drab, though, they'll have to do some shopping first--and good luck finding shoes to fit me.

I'd just say that lavender eyeshadow works well for me.

The foregoing is academic, though. I don't have any plans to ever die. Sounds pretty stupid to me. Y'all can do what you like.

Annabelle

Beverley Sims
01-13-2013, 06:14 AM
I want to be laid naked in an open field and my bones picked clean by vultures.
- Diane

Diane, I am sure the Guvmin't has laws in place to prevent vultures doing that without a permit these days.

Whether I get buried either way would depend on how far I was out.
Probably drab to suit the family. Me, I do not really care, although you are a long time dead.

Rogina B
01-13-2013, 06:42 AM
I've given my wife specific instructions. I will be burried as a woman, hair done, full make up, nails painted, my favorite skirt suit and blouse with my black strappy heels. This way if I never get up the nerve to go out enfemme, I'll finnaly do it.
LMAO...I can just picture all the girls "working on you" at the funeral parlor!! Not sure if my Vietnamese nail techs do manis and pedis on cadavers!!

Cheryl T
01-13-2013, 06:46 AM
I'm being cremated so it won't matter to me. No big ceremony or anything, just cardboard and flames.
We turn to ashes anyway and seems I'm always in a hurry....

reb.femme
01-13-2013, 06:54 AM
My will says I am to be cremated as inexpensively as possible. I'll probably be in the nude.

I'm with Clayfish on this one, but even then, they screw enormous amounts of cash out of you. I don't know what the legal ramifications are for being driven naked in a hearse but at least it would provide some entertainment for the local area. :devil:

In answer to the post though, I like the thought of being femme as I go, but as I'll look like a wrinkled old walnut, I don't think 'frying pretty' will be possible anyway. :o

Rebecca

Rogina B
01-13-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm with Clayfish on this one, but even then, they screw enormous amounts of cash out of you. I don't know what the legal ramifications are for being driven naked in a hearse but at least it would provide some entertainment for the local area. :devil:

In answer to the post though, I like the thought of being femme as I go, but as I'll look like a wrinkled old walnut, I don't think 'frying pretty' will be possible anyway. :o

Rebecca

In India,they parade the body in a basket down the street with a band playing and family and friends walking along beside the body in the basket held over the heads of the carriers..of course we are heavier people,so a fork lift could be in order...Anyway,at the graveyard,they just heave the whole works in the big fire..not sure where all the flowers go...Anyway,no one would see what you had on as they are supposed to hold you high!! lol

monalisa
01-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Maybe if you believe in reincarnation that if you wear a dress going out you might come back as a female next time. Better bury a check with you too in case there are some good sales when you come back.

MonctonGirl
01-13-2013, 07:33 AM
I prefer no remains found ... plan crash ... with 200 other people ... on the way BACK from Hawaii.

On the way BACK ... cannot stress that enough. lol

Brooke Smith
01-13-2013, 07:56 AM
I intend to avoid the whole typical end of life scenario. Hopefully I will see the end coming and simply slide over the side of my boat,wearing a bikini embellished with ground tackle,never to be seen again.

Failing that, my kid has promised to dump my ashes into the Gulf Stream.

alwayshave
01-13-2013, 08:07 AM
I will be cremated so no issues there. As far as following wishes, loved ones tend to do what they want, not what you want. My fiancee's father was a Catholic and wished to have a Catholic mass and funeral. Her mother buried him in the Baptist church because according to her, Catholicism was a cult and her friends would not attend a funeral at a Catholic church.

marny
01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
No Brianer! Die en femme.Remains en femme. not in any rush though! lol

SandraInHose
01-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Since my upper body is totally non-passable, I've joked with my wife that the upper body gets the tux, but the lower body gets the skirt, heels and hose.

But in all practicality, I'll go with cremation. So much cheaper, quicker, and no annual maintenance fees!

Miriam-J
01-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Into the second half of my life at 52? Something's wrong with the math there. I made a 70 year commitment with my wife when I re-married at the age of 49, so I have to live to at least 120 (then I have a little while to date younger women). Second half of my life won't kick in for at least another eight years.

When I die sometime around the year 2080 I expect to be vaporized by Marvin Martian, and I don't think he'll care much how I'm dressed. If I should unexpectedly die before that's possible, my wife and I have already agreed on cremation.

From another perspective, any clothing I'm wearing when my body is disposed of would be unavailable to others. Since my female clothing is nicer than the male clothing, it'd be best to leave as much of that as possible for others.

Miriam

paulaprimo
01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
not sure about that one...but after they find all of my clothes, someone might be smart enough to figure it out...and who know's, they might put something nice on me...lol :)

rachellegsep
01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
My wife and I have discussed this and my wishes are to be cremated as Rachel.

Diversity
01-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Because there are so many family members and friends who will be in attendance, I will choose being in my 'male' mode, as I would not want to add any more burden to their grieving or celebration of my life, at that point in time. My CD'ing is known only to me and my wife. I expect that it will be this way until the day of passing comes. I do realize that I may in time come out more and will meet others, but within my own family and circle of friends, I don't believe they will be in my CD circle of friends, if you know what I am trying to say.
Di

CassandraSmith
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
No, not me. Besides, I'm going to be cremated anyway so I wouldn't dare sacrifice one my nice skirts like that! They need to be passed on if even to the Goodwill.

rita63
01-13-2013, 09:39 PM
My urn will be in the family plot. I suppose I could buy a femme looking one in advance. As to what I wear in the coffin I'm not sure I will have much control.

hugs rita

Ressie
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I'll be cremated but will be reincarnated a beautiful woman. :dom:

Leslie Langford
01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
It depends, whats the ash capacity of a pair of Manolo Blahnik's ?

Yes, Kelly - Manolo Blahniks can be sooooo versatile (with a wink to our Jewish members here ;))...and perhaps they would be the appropriate footwear in which to send the unrepentant CDer to the Promised Land :eek: :heehee: :doh::

Allison Chaynes
01-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Viking funeral in the Gulf of Mexico, in a wedding dress would be ideal... but not likely to happen :(

2B Natasha
01-14-2013, 11:34 PM
I have two wishes on how to be disposed of. I need to decide on one.

First option. I would like to be put in a dress perhaps or a birthday suit and be tossed from an airplane in Oregon. Why you may ask would I want this? Good question. The FBI has a field lab where forensic detectives and scientist get to exam the decomposing bodies so they can tell how long a body has been dead.

The other is. I want to be burned on the banks of the river ganges in India on a funeral pyre made of sandal wood. I supposed wrapped in what ever I'm supposed to be wrapped up in. Perhaps a Sari. Why you ask. Good question. Because I think it is a very religious country that is full is mystery and the chance to force my family to travel there.

sometimes_miss
01-15-2013, 04:27 AM
Don't want to be buried. Burn me up, keep the ashes in a bucket in the trunk; then when you're stuck in the snow, just spread a few chunks of me under the tires to help you get unstuck. No reason I can't still be helpful after I'm dead, now, is there!

aprilgirl
01-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Cremation for me plus detailed instructions on various locales to spread a majority of the ashes. As opposed to a fancy urn, the remainder will be placed inside of a vintage brunette Barbie Doll.

Julie Gaum
01-15-2013, 09:26 PM
I know that my mind is slowing down but I was going to ask Leslie exactly what she meant by that last thread regarding shoes as I didn't
"get it". However that post was evidently deleted so the mods should delete this as well.
Julie

BLUE ORCHID
01-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi Leslie, What worries me more than that is ending up in an old folks home wearing support stockings and orthopedic shoes.

Nathalie Antoinette
01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
I imagine I'll be naked when they shove my cold, dead body into the furnace. :-)

shayleetv
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM
This is really interesting. Yes I'm closer to the end than the beginning and I have been to a lot of funerals. I have buried both my parents and and my wife's parents. All my friends have buried their parents, some have buried their siblings and tragically some have buried their children. The thing that occurred to me is that even those who have chosen to be cremated have had viewings and I have yet to see any of those who were nude. Crematers better think again about what you want to wear when being viewed at your funeral - Clothes on or closed casket. I never have seen a nude in a box at a funeral of one who has been cremated.

5150 Girl
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I told my Polar Bear waht dress I want,,, I just hope she didn't think I was kidding!

sonna
01-25-2013, 03:51 PM
be honest after im gone i dont think id care if theyed flushed me down the toilet.
if im dead im dead.