PDA

View Full Version : Back (and, Fortunately, at Peace in Light of some Realizations)

SarahMarie42
01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
After long struggling with the validity of my transgender (in the sense which includes the entire spectrum of transgender behavior) inclinations, and battling obsessive/compulsive worry over the subject, I have finally come to a calm acceptance of my cross-dressing and its meaning, and overcome the many issues which had previously plagued me so greatly.

I'd almost forgotten that I'd even established an account on this site/form/network, and, upon stumbling across a reminder, I thought I'd share my progress with you, and reveal what I've learned, though it is presumably obvious to any sane cd/tv/tg, in hopes that it may bring you some peace as well.

I've learned:

1. The acceptance of others, particularly insofar as your "gender-deviant" behaviors are concerned, is unimportant -- all that is important is that you accomplish whatever goals you have set for yourself in regard to those behaviors.

2. If you dislike something about your appearance, whether in your presentation as the opposite gender or as the gender which has been assigned to you socially due to your external biological qualities -- either reevaluate its importance or make some attempt to change it. Weight loss, in particular, is not a difficult goal to accomplish if you do not exaggerate its importance and merely treat it as a journey or process. Accept and take pride in yourself and your efforts as you move toward whatever you may want to accomplish

3. When attempting to achieve a feminine aesthetic, do NOT continually compare yourself to others -- you may make the mistake of assuming that all of your features must land at or approach the "mean/average" of the set of all possible feminine variations. If you accept your presentation as feminine, and behave in whatever manner you feel is proper, the rest shall fall into place for you.

Pretty simple stuff, I know, but it took my "monkey mind" a decent amount of time to fully internalize it.

I'm glad to be back, and I'll probably still float around from time to time.

kimdl93
01-13-2013, 09:12 AM
All these seem very practical suggestions. I'd agree that self acceptance is more important, and perhaps a prerequisite for acceptance by others. Weight loss should be a journey...I took seven years to gradually lose 40lbs. I could have done it faster, but might have gained it back quickly too. And yes, I think we should make the most of the features we have, just as GGs do. We all can't be perfect, but we can be better.

Celeste
01-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Pretty cool Sarah,I like #3 the best.It took me so long to understand my Idea of femme is fine and it's not like we have to accomplish the impossible each time. I've even found there is a point where "overdoing it" can hurt my goals and overall look.So finding that middle ground is all part of an inside and outside job.

genevie
01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
After years of disgust that my femme image in my mind does not match that which I can attain in reality, I've come to realize we can only be what we can be. I can be a masculine looking woman and a feminine looking man. Think of some female body builders you have seen who became somewhat masculine due to the training and other substances. I still think they are beautiful. I can never be small and petite. Once I accept that and the balance between the male and female image, I feel much better. So I can walk around now in drab with my nails done, my legs shaved and a certain aire. Low key but satisfying.

bridget thronton
01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Very nice progress indeed

Beverley Sims
03-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I dug this post out of the past, and looking at it I think you are still struggling a bit, but you are making progress well past this point now so Sarah.
Keep going forward.
Where's your avatar?

flatlander_48
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
After long struggling with the validity of my transgender (in the sense which includes the entire spectrum of transgender behavior) inclinations, and battling obsessive/compulsive worry over the subject, I have finally come to a calm acceptance of my cross-dressing and its meaning, and overcome the many issues which had previously plagued me so greatly.

Good for you!! I hope that you will continue to move forward. As they say, The journey of 1000 miles begines with the first step.