PDA

View Full Version : Great time shopping with my wife

JamieG
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM
My wife, who I'll call Kim to protect her privacy, and I had scheduled a babysitter for last Thursday night, but weren't thrilled with the movie selection. So I suggested, "Well maybe we can go shopping for my Christmas present, if you're up for it?" See, on Christmas she gave me a small token gift to have something to open in front of my in-laws, but privately promised to take me shopping for "something special." She readily agreed, as long as we could buy a few things for her too.

We started out with dinner at a casual eatery. "Kim" said our cover would be that I was helping her shop for her sister, Betsy. It seemed like a stretch to me, but I was happy to be shopping together, so I just went along with it. Our first stop was Banana Republic. As we entered we saw a cream and gold houndstooth sheath dress that basically jumped off the rack at us. "Kim" said "Don't you think Betsy would love this?" I eagerly said, "Yes, its very pretty!" It was marked down to $50 from $120, so of course, we picked it up in my size and carried it with us. We then saw a tan sweater that would go nicely with the dress and got that too. "Kim" picked up a few pairs of slacks, a top, and some leggings for herself and we checked out.

We then went into accessories store and looked at various jewelery. Our tastes were a bit different, but we settled on a delicate gold bracelet that would match the dress. When we checked out, the clerk kidded, "This will look pretty on you." Playing along, I said "It sure will." I don't think she realized I wasn't joking. We then got some shoes for Kim at Aerosoles. I saw a pair of cheetah-print pumps I loved, but couldn't justify buying. I simply didn't know what to wear them. "Kim" urged me, saying "Those are shoes you build an outfit around." However, I sensibly refrained. Kim ended up buying to pairs of low-heeled shoes for herself.

As we walked out, Kim said, "Okay I'm done. Now we can just buy for Jamie." I noticed how it had switched from buying for Betsy to buying for Jamie. We saw a New York and Company, and I said, "Let's go in here." As we entered, Kim asked "What kind of a girl is Jamie? Is she sporty, preppy, something else?" I said, "She likes to be stylish and feminine." Then I saw a striking black and white colorblock sheath and was drawn like a moth to a flame. Kim simply said "Wow, that would look good on Jamie!" She then pointed to a green and black version, but I felt that one looked too much like a superheroine costume, and stuck with the black and white. We saw that the jewelry was 80% off, and bought a handful of bracelets and necklaces for $3 each. Kim got some cute patterned socks for herself at 3 for $10.

Finally, we were done, but the night was still young. So we went to our favorite gastropub. Kim got a "flight" of beer tasting and I ordered an IPA. We also got a fondue that was delicious with a toast that was baked in house. It was great to just sit there talking and getting a little buzz going. At one point, Kim said, "I really, really enjoyed shopping with you." I told her that it meant so much to me to be able to shop for my girly clothes with her.

When we were done, we headed home and paid the babysitter. Kim asked "So, do you want to try your purchases on?" I had so badly wanted to, but didn't want to push my luck suggesting it myself. "Yes, let's do a fashion show for each other" I anxiously answered. We lugged all three bags upstairs and got to work. I tried on the colorblock dress first with black tights and black knee-high boots. Kim suggested I try it with ankle boots, and was right that it looked better that way. She said, "You look great, girl!" She remarked on my hairy armpits, which I said I kept that way for her. "That's okay, I like my girls French," she replied. She then had me change into the cream and gold dress with the tan sweater on top. I asked "Which goes better, my strappy gold sandals or brown ankle boots?" Kim considered, and said "They both work. It depends on where you are going." So I tried both, and as we suspected, both looks were good.

Finally, Kim asked me to get out of all of the girly clothes. Once I was undressed, we started making out and before we knew it, had one of our more passionate nights in a long time. Afterwards, Kim said "I guess I'm not so freaked out about the girly clothes after all."

Right now, I'm one of the happiest gurls on Earth! I have the best wife ever.

Julie Gaum
01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I think I can speak for everbody on this Forum to say how happy we are for you ---- one lucky guy! Great foundatiion to build on.
Julie

Leah Lynn
01-12-2013, 10:44 PM
I hope you understand just how lucky you are! Take good care of "Kim"!

Bree Wagner
01-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Right now, I'm one of the happiest gurls on Earth! I have the best wife ever.

Jamie,

Thanks for sharing that absolutely fantastic story with us. I'm sure your wife feels the love and gratitude you have for her and what she's done for you. All the things we do on our own just pale in comparison to the feeling of new-found acceptance, and dare I say enjoyment, from our spouses. I'm thrilled that your wife is enjoying where you are. Hopefully it leads to more wonderful steps for the two of you thought the road may be winding. My wife has gone out with me twice to dinner but says that shopping with me, for me, would still be beyond her ability to cope. Good luck on your continuing journey!

-Bree

justmetoo
01-12-2013, 11:41 PM
What a lovely night and story and wife!

Lilia
01-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Jamie,
I'm very happy for you and Kim. That was a wonderful story to share.
-Lilia

AmyGaleRT
01-13-2013, 04:42 AM
That story is just wonderful! It would warm any girl's heart. :) Jamie, please remind "Kim," as often as possible, how very very special she is!

- Amy

Beverley Sims
01-13-2013, 07:48 AM
I do agree some are luckier than others.
What a wonderful Christmas Present.

Megan70
01-13-2013, 08:08 AM
A Happy ENCOURAGING word to you over this story. Be Grateful, savor it, appreciate it and don't blow it while you're ahead.
Love her forever, she's doing SO much for you in this!
The best may be yet to come and that is someday down the road going out shopping or movies as Jamie with "Kim". Play your cards right, don't push the envelope don't be selfish or in a blue fog and it can happen. I've been married for 42 years to my lovely accepting wife I've I gone out with her as girlfriends hundreds of time usually 3-4 hours,movies, shopping, dinner, errands,Even with other GG friends of a close male gay friend to concerts
It is such a trip to die for.
It CAN happen Jamie... take it slow.

Megan

p.s. Jamie you might want to show her this thread and the respectiful loving friends here who posted a response to your story. I'm sure she would be pleased , and proud of YOU that you wrote it.!

kimdl93
01-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Wonderful, Jamie. Your wife really has grown over the past couple of years! Shopping does bring couples together!

bridget thronton
01-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Great story - great wife

~Joanne~
01-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Pictures, or none of this ever happened ;)

Being Paige
01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
sounds like a great night and yes you most certainly are one lucky person

Tibby
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
What a fantastic time it sounds like you both had. Shopping together is a lovely feeling and I'm sure there will be many more trips together. Before you know it you may even find that when "Kim" is out shopping on her own she'll start to pick things out more often for you. I have quite a habit of buying more for my hubby than I do for myself, but I love the excitement of seeing his face when I give him something new.

As for the christmas gifts, I always get my husband some typical presents for him to open in front of our children but then we have a private present opening session late at night where I give him his "pretty and shiny" stocking. That is the one where it's just for our eyes, this year had a beautiful shimmering electric blue blouse and matching under slip, make up, false nails, eyelashes, tights and a lovely electric blue peplum top with black pencil skirt. Celebrating both sides is so much more fun than only having one :)

You really are lucky to be able to explore and grow together.

Sarah L
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
It has been a long time since I've had someone to shop with like that. Your story brought back memories and feelings for me. It is a great story and fun to read. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jenn A116
01-13-2013, 01:27 PM
As for the christmas gifts, I always get my husband some typical presents for him to open in front of our children but then we have a private present opening session late at night where I give him his "pretty and shiny" stocking. That is the one where it's just for our eyes, this year had a beautiful shimmering electric blue blouse and matching under slip, make up, false nails, eyelashes, tights and a lovely electric blue peplum top with black pencil skirt. Celebrating both sides is so much more fun than only having one :)

That is so great. I hope that (s)he also reciprocates with you. Perhaps something sparkly or soothing.

Tibby
01-13-2013, 06:26 PM
That is so great. I hope that (s)he also reciprocates with you. Perhaps something sparkly or soothing.

He got me the best body spray ever, as a child I loved the dewberry body spritz. Just smelling that makes me think of my childhood christmas', but sadly they stopped making the scent. he managed to get me 3 bottles of it so I'm oe very happy bunny. He also got me a lovely holographic sequin blue dress to wear for hogmany and took me to Edinburgh for the celebrations, so both sparkly and soothing. He's the best :)

CassandraSmith
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
OK, that was a fun story.

Tibby
01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Ooooooo you've started something now JamieG. The hubby has just arranged for the kids to go away at Easter and he's booked an overnight stay in a hotel for me and him to go shopping then a night out with dinner. This is what happens when he sits and reads threads like this....hmmmmmm wonder if there's any threads on nice exotic holidays I can get him to read :D

JamieG
01-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Jamie,

Thanks for sharing that absolutely fantastic story with us. I'm sure your wife feels the love and gratitude you have for her and what she's done for you. All the things we do on our own just pale in comparison to the feeling of new-found acceptance, and dare I say enjoyment, from our spouses. I'm thrilled that your wife is enjoying where you are. Hopefully it leads to more wonderful steps for the two of you thought the road may be winding. My wife has gone out with me twice to dinner but says that shopping with me, for me, would still be beyond her ability to cope. Good luck on your continuing journey!

-Bree

It's funny how different things are weird for different people. I don't think my wife would go out to dinner with me en femme, but the shopping was fun for her.

That story is just wonderful! It would warm any girl's heart. :) Jamie, please remind "Kim," as often as possible, how very very special she is!

- Amy

I do!

A Happy ENCOURAGING word to you over this story. Be Grateful, savor it, appreciate it and don't blow it while you're ahead.
Love her forever, she's doing SO much for you in this!
The best may be yet to come and that is someday down the road going out shopping or movies as Jamie with "Kim". Play your cards right, don't push the envelope don't be selfish or in a blue fog and it can happen. I've been married for 42 years to my lovely accepting wife I've I gone out with her as girlfriends hundreds of time usually 3-4 hours,movies, shopping, dinner, errands,Even with other GG friends of a close male gay friend to concerts
It is such a trip to die for.
It CAN happen Jamie... take it slow.

Megan

Thanks, Megan. I have been taking it very slow. It took us 10 years to get to this point. Perhaps in another 10 years, I'll be able to proudly talk of many wonderful adventures together like those you mention.

Pictures, or none of this ever happened ;)

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to put on makeup for the fashion show, so there was no way I was going to allow pictures to be taken. If I get a chance, I'll try to photograph the outfits (without me in them) and post. I do plan on wearing one out Saturday night (sadly, not with "Kim"), and will be sure to get many pictures then.

Ooooooo you've started something now JamieG. The hubby has just arranged for the kids to go away to grandparents at Easter and he's booked an overnight stay in a hotel for me and him to go shopping then a night out with dinner in Durham city. This is what happens when he sits and reads threads like this....hmmmmmm wonder if there's any threads on nice exotic holidays I can get him to read :D

That is great, Tibby! I'm happy to be of service. I think if more guys had wives like you and my "Kim", the world would be a much happier place.