PDA

View Full Version : My Own Bedroom

Michelle PJ
01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Good Morning!

I have been accumulating women's clothes for quite a while and I've grown tired of keeping them in plastic storage bins, plastic bags, boxes, etc., that are often times put up in the attic to appease my wife. We are an older couple with no children home and so I want to "occupy" one of our bedrooms for Michelle. While I think my wife would be "OK" with it, her complaint will likely be, "If family or your son are visiting and they sleep in that room, I don't want them opening a drawer to find frilly women's things and wonder why they are there!" I admit to having that same concern. As a solution, I spent some time this morning looking for lockable bedroom dressers. Needless to say what appealed to me were pricey. However, I suppose having visiting family discover locking bedroom drawers would also be awkward. It is wearisome not to be able to live as I wish. I would like to experience more of the pleasure of being Michelle while I remain just young enough to enjoy it. All that being said, I'm curious how girls on this forum manage the storage and accessibility of their feminine clothing.

Luv, Michelle

Keri L
01-13-2013, 09:35 AM
I have heard others say that their wives give them one of their drawers for undergarments. Perhaps, you could do that. As for clothes, maybe both of you could put seasonal things in the other bedroom closet to free up space for some of your femme clothes in your current closet?

KatieGG
01-13-2013, 09:42 AM
I was always scared some one would find Jasey's stuff which would lead to an awkward talk I don't care to have. When we bought our house he did some re-modeling. The hall closet was on the other side of our closet which was already a walk in and made it a little bigger so it could hold mine his and hers.

Kate Simmons
01-13-2013, 09:49 AM
While I realize and agree it's not all about us. If someone is staying at my home free of charge, they are really in no position to question how I utilize my furniture.:)

Beverley Sims
01-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Family staying over can be a problem as your wife's style probably does not match yours.
That leaves them wondering. A wardrobe where you might have a linen cupboard is one idea.

Renee W
01-13-2013, 10:57 AM
I also have a bedroom dedicated to Renee's things; closet full of clothes, full dresser, make-up table, etc. When my sister came to help out for my surgery I just packed up most things in big plastic totes for her visit. The whole process to maybe 15 minutes. Best part is, is that when it came time to unpack everything, I sorted through it all, thinned it out, organized it, and such. So, just keep some non-clear totes on hand, maybe even label them as "old Christmas decorations".

kimdl93
01-13-2013, 12:03 PM
I just keep mine in my regular closet. No one ever noses around there. And my wife is supportive, so I've nothing to hide.

~Joanne~
01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
All of my things are now in the open in the closet. They hang right next to my male wardrobe. I keep most of my heels in a footlocker but a few are on the bottom of the closet, out in the open. Jewelry, Boxes of pantyhose, and my wig is also in the open. So if someone came over and actually looked in, well, they look in. I am not going back to stuffing things into boxes but I wouldn't let them openly "look around" either.

Maybe you have some space in your basement or attic that you could put a dresser or such where no one goes?

Angela Campbell
01-13-2013, 12:36 PM
I keep the stuff I use often in a dresser or hanging in my closet. I have some lockable storage boxes that fit on the shelves of my closet and I keep older stuff or things I do not use much there. If I had family stay for a while I can easily put it all in the locked storage boxes and it is out of site should they pry.

tiffanythecd2001
01-13-2013, 01:12 PM
I live alone so i don't have that problem 34 plus years collecting vintage lingerie i got 5 closets of dresses too any kind kind of outfit i want too make, anyway back too your problem, this the new age now, the basement is now the new man cave, maybe you could put up a some 2x4 wall's , deco it out all girly, and then you need too put your wig's on stand , they don't like too be scrunch up in a drawer and that way you can have a girly man cave with a lock on the door , with a sign on the door, this grandpa time out room ,

Danielle_cder
01-13-2013, 01:18 PM
I have the same kinda deal, Danielle has her 'own' room, dresser and closet...Our apartment is only two rooms so when we have guests stay i have to go through and clean out put my stuff away in the loft/attic. I wish we had a bigger house, one or two rooms more oh well