PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Girls: How Do You Prefer Presenting When Male?

SarahMarie42
01-13-2013, 06:42 PM
I happened by a mirror as I was walking through my house, noticed something, and had a thought. Does the need/desire for a softer appearance seep into a cd's masculine presentation as well? I personally find that I'm much more comfortable when presenting "boyishly", which is a little more gentle, than I am when presenting "mannishly", which would involve a firmer and more rigid aesthetic.

Anyone else have a preferred presentation ala male? :P

Crissy Kay
01-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Not really sure that I understand the question. When I am dressed as a guy, or in drab mode, I am just in regular guy clothes, no fem anything. That goes for underware too. I am not into underdressing either.

SarahMarie42
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh no, I'm not asking whether or not your presentation is overtly feminine as a male, I'm just asking whether anyone else prefers softer aesthetic elements to harder, more rigid aesthetic elements while presenting as either gender. Like, you know, I'm currently wearing boxers, wearing a regular t-shirt, hat, etc., but I tend to fashion my hair and fit my clothing in such a way that I don't seem excessively firm and masculine, but rather "boyish". It's just a question for curiosity's sake.

Don't get me wrong, though, I don't mind rocking a sharp business suit (for formal wear) or semi-formal wear either.

genevie
01-13-2013, 07:38 PM
For me right now baby steps. Nails are polished as are toes. Legs are shaved. Growing my hair so next can have an in between cut. Softer but still passable for male. We still haven't talked but I know she is noticing stuff and probably remembers the times years ago when she dressed me up. She rebelled eventually. With more positive history, I'm hoping that a better result can happen now.

Angela Campbell
01-13-2013, 07:40 PM
When presenting male I prefer to be not doing so. I still look pretty much average I guess, I do wear womens jeans and panties, and have pretty thin eyebrows, but so far no one seems to notice much. I do keep well groomed, and closely shaved all the time.

Leah Lynn
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
I spend little time in drab. Usually wear work uniforms so no leeway there. When I need to be in drab otherwise, I go with a more androgynous look. So, yes, it's a softer look, but I'd still prefer being en femme.

Leah

SarahMarie42
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
I'd go totally androgynous if I thought I could pull it off properly -- I'd probably have to assemble a better wardrobe for mixing and matching gender traits. I'd love to wear a ball cap backward with my hair poking through the opening above the fastening strap, thick bangs rounding off my face at the bottom, eye-liner, lipstick, a baby-doll tee, and a pair of women's jeans with rolled-up pant legs and a pair of low-top pink chucks or something, but it'd probably be hard to get away with xD

Edit: I'd probably have to tone up the torso too, so I wouldn't have to use shape wear or anything.

Kate Simmons
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
You wouldn't know me en homme Hon. It's not that I put on any kind of "act" either way but en homme I just don't put out as much effort of looking good as I do en femme. :)

SarahMarie42
01-13-2013, 08:13 PM
'Course not. I find it interesting that some people like to express themselves moving between the poles of a "binary" -- having a male expression and a female expression, and that others -- like myself -- would love to just fuse all of the traits together and move in one direction or the other whenever they felt like it. I was just wondering where everyone would land.

CassandraSmith
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I used to love wearing really expensive suits when I was a high roller. They almost feel like CD to me in a lot of ways. But since, I'm not a computer software engineer/contractor any more, I'm just in jeans and long sleeve shirts most of the time now.

I've often wondered if I'm letting it slip out and I'm sure that I do not present as macho male at all. Fortunately, I'm a musician (guitar, bass, keys) and I think all the folks at church just figure I'm some aging rock star or something? I'm going to have to dig for more answers on this one.

SarahMarie42
01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Cassandra, if you feel it slips out sometimes and you haven't been on the receiving end of any stigma, let it keep slippin' (to a safe extent, of course xD). :]

Tracii G
01-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm in between in guy mode, partly male partly female.Most days my mode of dress is borderline.
Haven't been in all out guy mode in years.
If I were to wear guy only clothes I would still be and act the same.Clothes don't define me.
I am a gentle person 99% of the time but if that 1% gets unleashed I can bite back with a vengeance quickly and I hate that side of me.Its taken years to remove the meanness that was part of my life.
I'll never forget that side but being able to send those memories to a quiet side of the brain and lock it away has been a huge help.

lynnef
01-13-2013, 09:55 PM
I try for comfort more than anything (in guy mode), so it's generally sweatpants and T-shirt (jeans don't seem to fit my hips right, and the pockets are hard to get into anyway...), I can't stand being in a suit (or any sort of male attire more formal than a polo shirt/slacks...)
I tend to be more careful/flowing in my movements than most guys, also I'm pretty weak/small boned, (which is useful for dressing up, but makes using brute force or anything involving upper body strength impossible :|.. aaand i'm sure the long hair/self-manicured nails are a big hint... but no one seems to notice... at least they haven't said anything.. :)

AmyGaleRT
01-13-2013, 10:14 PM
When I'm in guy mode, I'm Generic Geek #42, khaki pants and either polo shirts or geeky T-shirts. My hair is up in a ponytail, which is uncommon but not unheard of, and in some quarters is almost a cliche. (Anybody who asks gets told, "My fiancee likes it." Which she does.) If anyone has noticed the lack of hair on my arms or my fingernails made slightly shiny by the application of nail hardener, they don't say anything about it. They probably wouldn't see my shaved legs or painted toenails. And hopefully the well-dressed ladies don't notice me looking at how they're dressed, to gain style tips. :D

- Amy

phelicia
01-13-2013, 10:31 PM
For me, I consider myself at both ends of the gender spectrum. In girl mode I try to make my body appear ultra femme. From movements to body langauge, I don't use makeup or wigs so when I'm dressed femme and looking in the mirror I only look at myself from the neck down. In guy mode my mannerisms are totally masculine, its almost like two different people.

SarahMarie42
01-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah, for me, if I were to have a choice, I'd almost always lean female, but alternately present as an "andro" sort of girl and a "femme" and "proper" girl. The difference between my avatar and my profile picture, actually x]

And despite my fluidity, I can be very, very masculine at times, so I understand where you're coming from.

AllisontheGoddess
01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
When I'm in my male mode my CD definitly seeps through. I still try to be a feminine as possible without appearing as a woman, except when I'm in my IDGAF moods. I can look really butch and not cleam myself up much. --But I guess that's what still really makes me a guy on the inside. Somedays you just don't really give a f*** lol

docrobbysherry
01-14-2013, 01:09 AM
My "presentations"?

Sherry: Every detail should be perfect!

Robert: Just one word describes him, "slob"!

Beverley Sims
01-14-2013, 01:19 AM
These days I am a little more rounded at the edges than I used to be.
A softer looking male if you like.

Eryn
01-14-2013, 01:39 AM
As I have become more comfortable with myself I find that I do present my male self differently. I wear more colorful clothing, my nails are always groomed and clear-polished, and of course body and facial hair is gone. I watch my weight closer so I look better in either mode.

Life is too short to wear brown, black, and gray every day.

SarahMarie42
01-14-2013, 02:22 AM
I feel you there, Eryn. It definitely provides an incentive for good health x]. I've lost 70 pounds, due much in part to the goal of improving my appearance as a female. That goes for the improvement in grooming habits as well.

kimdl93
01-14-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't know, I think I pass as male without too much difficulty. I don't enjoy spending my time en drab, but sometimes circumstances demand it.

shawnsheila
01-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Hmm, my only give away would be getting my eyebrows done (and shave legs and hairless chest/pits in the summer) but other then that, when in guy mode, i enjoy being a man. When in girl mode, I try to be as passable as i possibly can without outing me in guy mode.

Adrienna
01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Interesting thread. Actually I enjoy both worlds. Homme and Femme...it's mostly in the mind anyways. I'm very casual in Homme because of workplace, at home it can swing either way...depends upon the mood and inner feelings. Lots of good points here as many here are at different levels which make for interesting and engaging comments. I just switched from Femme to Homme not 15 minutes ago to head for work. I'll take the Femme mode with me as I work in peace and in contentment that I was able to dress today and had fun!!! Good thread SarahMarie42!! Hugs!

Jaymees22
01-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi, Yes I think I'm presenting a somewhat softer male persona then I used to. I don't underdress but my legs and underarms are shaved. my toenails are polished. I've lost 20lbs since I started dressing and bought slimmer fitting male jeans. I think crossdressing is improving my health and appearance in all modes. I got a haircut today and the stylist offered to trim my eyebrows so I took her up on it. Hugs Jaymee

carhill2mn
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I think that I fall into the "softer class" as I keep my hands, arms, legs, etc. free of hair; my eyebrows are mostly plucked so I draw them on (faintly); I wear gel nails and they are nearly always have a polish on them; I wear panties and a camisol and often times pantyhose. I also prefer shoes that are not "clunky".

I also am more comfortable with most women than many men as I am not a fan of the "macho" types. I like most sports but
hunting and fishing are not high on my list nor are pickup trucks.

julia marie
01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
I pretty much appear and act as I always have, even prior to getting into CD. One little difference. There's been talk on the various forums about guy behavior and female behavior, and one of the differences I read about was how women readily make eye contact with other women and guys never do. In the months since I saw that I've gone out of my way (when in guy mode) to make eye contact with women such as clerks, barkeeps, etc. Not trying to hustle them or anything, just eye contact and a smile, and then "have a great day." They really appreciate it. Too bad guys don't.