PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel naked without your pantyhose?

harley47
01-13-2013, 11:48 PM
I wear Silk Reflections daily. I take a break from June through August, usually, but can't wait for cooler weather to wear them again. My favorite is the (now discontinued) Waist Smoother in Little Color. I don't understand why women complain about uncomfortable pantyhose. I miss them when I can't wear them, as to a visit to my Chiropractor.
Are you so 'addicted' too?

AllieSF
01-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Not really. I do enjoy wearing them when they go with a specific outfit and venue. I love the summer months with tanned legs and no nylons. I do enjoy opaque colored tights during the winter months to vary my look. I also like patterned nylons with that special dress or skirt.

Jenniferathome
01-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Not really. I do enjoy wearing them when they go with a specific outfit and venue. I love the summer months with tanned legs and no nylons. I do enjoy opaque colored tights during the winter months to vary my look. I also like patterned nylons with that special dress or skirt.

I'm with Allie on this one. I never wear pantyhose but do wear tights when appropriate for the weather or setting, or both. i prefer my bare legs showing.

windycissy
01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm like Allie, nylons are fun with a dressy dress or skirt this time of year, and this winter I'm totally into tights, but bare legs and a summer skirt are much more comfortable and natural. It's a generational thing: back in they day when women had to wear stockings, they represented a badge of femininity for little girls (and boys who wanted to dress like girls) to aspire to...and men still find them very sexy!

Vickie_CDTV
01-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I don't wear them everyday en drab (if I could wear them showing and not under long pants I might), but when en femme yes I feel naked without hosiery (well technically they are gartered stockings not pantyhose but same deal) and always wear them when dressed regardless of the temperature etc.

~Joanne~
01-14-2013, 02:04 AM
The answer is "yes". No matter the outfit, nor the time of year, I feel naked without pantyhose. I don't think I have ever dressed without them now that I am thinking about it. I may have to try it sometime but I know I won't like it ;)

mexdresser
01-14-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm withMiss Joanne... Nylons feel great on my legs. Wouldn't enjoy dressing as much without.

ArleneRaquel
01-14-2013, 02:17 AM
I wear pantyhose just about everyday when the outdoors temperature is below 70 degrees.

phelicia
01-14-2013, 02:34 AM
I wear Silk Reflections daily. I take a break from June through August, usually, but can't wait for cooler weather to wear them again. My favorite is the (now discontinued) Waist Smoother in Little Color. I don't understand why women complain about uncomfortable pantyhose. I miss them when I can't wear them, as to a visit to my Chiropractor.
Are you so 'addicted' too?
I love pantyhose!! Can't dress without them on, before my bra goes on it has to be hose! I never wear panties with pantyhose, to me it feels so much better. Never tried the waist smoothers when they were out but my latest fav are silk reflections high waist! To me the high waist feels so good its hard to take them off!! Tonight I am wearing silk reflections with the frech cut lace panty, another fav of mine, so pretty!!

Billie1
01-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Another vote for the "yes" column.
Either pantyhose or stockings have to part of every outfit.

I also find the image of painted toes (mine are usually red)
through sheer nylons to be very sexy.

carolynn2fem
01-14-2013, 04:56 AM
hosiery is a personal requirment for me 24/7 365.

wantstocrossdress
01-14-2013, 05:33 AM
not really but i feel better with that second layer of smooth skin feeling :D

Zafira Skye
01-14-2013, 05:53 AM
I am a "yes" regarding this question too. I do prefer stockings and garter belt myself, even though they demand I have to engage the brain to get them on correctly. There is something wonderfully delicious about the sheer gossamer caress of stockings coating my legs.

erickka
01-14-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm another yes. I don't feel complete without them.

Pantyhose Vicki
01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Count me in with the yes side.
I wear either tights or pantyhose 24/7 except to shower and change clothes.

Cheryl T
01-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Before I came out I relished the times I could dress and of course there were always my stockings (either garter or pantyhose). Now that I dress almost daily I find that while I still love the silky feeling I reserve them for certain times (I may be getting cheap in my old age) and am more careful that I don't get a run.
I don't wear them with leggings, shorts or capris, but I do with slacks/jeans and of course my skirts and dresses.

Veronnie2
01-14-2013, 08:53 AM
I am a stocking and garter belt girl, I wear them everyday, so yes, without them on I do feel like I am naked or undressed. To say the least, I am not a big fan of wearing pantyhose. Veronnie2

darla_g
01-14-2013, 09:00 AM
No, underdressing does nothing for me. If I can't fully dress I don't.

But when I do dress i agree that pantyhose (actually stockings preferred) on shaved legs is one of the three sensual joys of crossdressing. The scent of a nice perfume is another and the texture and taste of a nice lipstick on the lips is the third.

Sara Jessica
01-14-2013, 09:19 AM
And to think we were seeing a nice trend with Allie, Jennifer & Cissy but alas, the pro-pantyhose crowd in these pages will "win" again. Regardless, count me in when it comes to liking them well enough depending on time, place, event, weather, etc. Hosiery is far from a necessary requirement for me.

What I don't "get" is the 24/7/365 thing. Give me about 8 hours in them and I can't get 'em off fast enough.

I don't get NOT wearing panties underneath...eeewwwww!

I don't get being a slave to one garment when there is an entire myriad of style choices a woman can have WITHOUT a need to wear pantyhose.

And finally, I don't get why men can't understand why women don't feel the exact same way about their pantyhose. Whatever floats someone's boat is one thing but to extrapolate a fetish onto women in general just doesn't make any sense.

Karren H
01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
I only feel naked when I don't have any clothes on! and I hate pantyhose.....

LaraPeterson
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
I wear pantyhose almost every day, usually all day long. Many nights, I sleep in them. If you don't understand that, it is probably because you just don't get the same feeling in hosiery as someone like me does. What I don't understand is why many women/cd/tg go bare legged if they don't have nice, attractive legs, especially if they are showing much leg in a skirt or dress, for example. Uneven coloring and standing veins are something easily corrected with hosiery. It's a personal thing for me; I just think hose make a lady look complete.

~Joanne~
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
And to think we were seeing a nice trend with Allie, Jennifer & Cissy but alas, the pro-pantyhose crowd in these pages will "win" again.

This was a simple question to the members, it wasn't set up to be a contest. There are no winners or losers.

What I don't "get" is the 24/7/365 thing. Give me about 8 hours in them and I can't get 'em off fast enough.

This I agree on. 24/7/365 and I think they would get old for me as well because most of the time I am wearing hose, I worry more about runs and snags. I could never wear them to bed either. I disagree on the "I can't wait to get them off" . I personally enjoy the added warmth and the way they look and feel.

I don't get NOT wearing panties underneath...eeewwwww!

I also agree on this and very seldom wear hose without panties on but I have time to time gone without and never had a problem. After all, they call them PANTYhose for a reason. The original idea was that you didn't need to wear panties with them.

I don't get being a slave to one garment when there is an entire myriad of style choices a woman can have WITHOUT a need to wear pantyhose.

It basically comes down to preference. Some women prefer them where some do not. Some CDs prefer them where some do not. I wouldn't call it being a slave to a garment. If I did then one could also say a woman who wears lipstick all the time is a slave or who combs her hair is a slave to a comb. I think "slave" is a bad choice of a word but it could just be me ;)

And finally, I don't get why men can't understand why women don't feel the exact same way about their pantyhose. Whatever floats someone's boat is one thing but to extrapolate a fetish onto women in general just doesn't make any sense.

Actually, up to your post, in this thread, no one tried to "extrapolate a fetish onto women in general". Everyone stated whether they liked pantyhose or disliked them and elaborated a little for either or. Your the first to mention this. Even having a pantyhose fetish wasn't mentioned until you mentioned it. For some it may be a fetish but as discussed here many many times over, each girl has her own needs, what they get out of this, and their own style of dress. Right or wrong is based upon ones own choices and how they feel about it.

What I don't get is why you waste so much negativity in almost every pantyhose thread in the forum. I understand your anti pantyhose, that's great, that's your choice but why deny others of a decent conversation about an aspect of dressing that they enjoy? Why lump everyone into a category such as fetish because pantyhose completes an outfit for them? or even all of their outfits.

I personally don't understand the need for boobs. It escapes me why anyone has to "have" two lumps of plastic glued to their chest to enjoy their dressing or to pull themselves together so tightly to create an illusion. I respect their choice though and usually skip those threads and conversations. Why? Because those conversations hold no interest to me and I can't bring anything of worth or positive to them. I don't understand why it also can't be applied to other threads that people don't like the subject of.

shawnsheila
01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm in the yes column here. Stocking w/garter belt, pantyhose and tights. I love them all. Even in the summer I don't mind the thinner summer hose or toe-less hose for those open toed shoes. Sometimes i'll even wear hose under by boy clothes just because I like the feel of them :battingeyelashes:

I must be one of those old school gals that believes hosiery is more feminine.

Sarah Coleman
01-14-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm in the yes column as well. I couldn't imagine being en femme without a pair of silky smooth pantyhose on my legs.

phelicia
01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
"I don't get NOT wearing panties underneath...eeewwwww!"

In reply to this, not that I feel the need to explain why I like or dislike something but I can understand saying eeewwwwww. When i CD I do it for 4 to 5 hours max, its just what works for me. If I were to wear pantyhose for an extended time period then panties would be a must

Lynn Marie
01-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Being a 50's sort of girl, pantyhose haven't been invented yet. When I dress, it's pretty much only skirts and dresses so stockings are fully appropriate and even necessary. Even in jeans I'll wear knee highs with my heels. Always wear heels, don't own anything else.

CassandraSmith
01-14-2013, 12:50 PM
To answer the original question...

My name should be CassandraPantyhoseNut instead. I like them on women too and when GF's have worn them to bed in the past, it's always been a great night!

Sharon B.
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Put me in the yes column, I'm one of the ones that keeps the pantyhose industry going.

PretzelGirl
01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Nah. First, I like variety in my outfits. Some outfits aren't right with hose. Some outfits are dressier and hose is not only appropriate but are almost necessary. Outside of the dressier outfits, there are ones that really are right with hose, leggings or tights and then there are the majority (for me) that require none of the above. I also overheat easily, so when the temperature is going to be on the hot side for me, the outfit is chosen that will be appropriate with bare legs.

drushin703
01-14-2013, 03:12 PM
thanks for the post harley47. I too miss the Silk Reflections waist smoother pantyhose by Hanes. Why in hell did they discontinue them anyways when they
knew damn well that for crossdressers they were the pantyhose of choice? (at least this crossdresser anyway lol) For the last several years I cannot
get dressed enfemme or even consider myself dressed if I don't have on a pair of pantyhose.......rain or shine, winter, fall, spring or summer.....dana

Lorileah
01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
I prefer bare legs. I ararely wear pantyhose. They are reserved for special occasions or special outfits. If I want sexy, it isn't pantyhose but thigh high stockings. Also wearing thigh highs if I get a run I only need to change one

Marleena
01-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Yes I feel naked without pantyhose if I have nothing on..and I know "wrong answer!".:D

Diane Smith
01-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I wear a garter belt and stockings probably 95% of the time when I go out. I have some pantyhose around but only wear them with a short skirt when I can't eliminate the "garter gap" any other way. In recent months I've gotten into leggings and capris a bit (must be the cold) and occasionally wear those as an alternate look, but in any case, my legs are always covered, even if transparently. I think it improves the tone of my pasty-white skin, and I love the sensation.

However, I don't wear hosiery around the house when I'm not intending to go out.

- Diane

Valerie Sparks
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm another girl who wears her pantyhose 24/7 except in the hottest of weather or when I need to wear shorts in guy mode.

As I posted here a week or so ago, my favorite brand for years has been JCP's Sheer Caress Sheerest Support in Queen Tall. But as part of Penney's nose dive into bankruptcy they've stopped selling them. I'm still looking for a good replacement brand.

Leah Lynn
01-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Certainly not. I also wear tights!

Rebecca Leslie
01-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Put me in the no column. I love pantyhose when they work well with the outfit and shoes, especially jet black hose. but wearing them with a sundress or with open toe or strappy heels looks awful ATMO! ; P

Maria 60
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
This summer was only the second time shaving my legs and it happened that we had some alone time at our summer cabin so they also were tanned. On one occasion I was all dressed and I was walking to my night table to get a pair of pantyhose and I passed the mirror and my legs looked pretty good so I decided to stay without them, and what a totally new feeling it was, when walking and sitting it felt so new, so free, you could feel every move your legs were making. But I do love wearing pantyhose much more.

Gretchen_To_Be
01-14-2013, 11:21 PM
I don't feel naked, but I will say that when I am not wearing them, I think almost constantly that I want to! One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't feel right to wear them if I have not shaved my legs or used Nair. This will pose a dilemma come Spring; I have promised my wife I will let my leg hair grow again. Having been smooth since mid-Dec that will be a let-down. Maybe I will take a hiatus and after being hairy for 6 months it will be a delicious novelty again.

I know many folks here swear by Hanes Silk Reflections, but plain old L'eggs Sheer Energy are growing on me for the combination of slick leg on leg feel (and leg on wife's leg feel), comfort, durability, and price.

BTW, "Off Black" is my favorite color. Hides imperfections better than Nude, but looks sheerer than Jet Black, and classier than Suntan.

goodnhose
01-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Another yes here! I sleep in a t-shirt and pantyhose every night and never feel fully dressed without them.

Courtneigh
01-15-2013, 12:00 AM
So do I, and when not wearing panties or a bra either.

Sara Jessica
01-15-2013, 09:31 AM
This was a simple question to the members, it wasn't set up to be a contest. There are no winners or losers.

True, but when all is said and done, it's rare to get a string of comments on a subject such as this like what we see coming out of the gate on this one.

It basically comes down to preference. Some women prefer them where some do not. Some CDs prefer them where some do not. I wouldn't call it being a slave to a garment. If I did then one could also say a woman who wears lipstick all the time is a slave or who combs her hair is a slave to a comb. I think "slave" is a bad choice of a word but it could just be me ;)

Simply an observation coming from a realist POV. Very few women in the real world are as obsessive about a garment as many in these pages can be when it comes to their hosiery. And that is all good and fine but my point has to do with the limitations that come about from being overly attached to one particular garment.

Actually, up to your post, in this thread, no one tried to "extrapolate a fetish onto women in general". Everyone stated whether they liked pantyhose or disliked them and elaborated a little for either or. Your the first to mention this. Even having a pantyhose fetish wasn't mentioned until you mentioned it. For some it may be a fetish but as discussed here many many times over, each girl has her own needs, what they get out of this, and their own style of dress. Right or wrong is based upon ones own choices and how they feel about it.

Ummm...

I don't understand why women complain about uncomfortable pantyhose.

Because some women just don't like wearing them. Because some women simply find them uncomfortable. Because after several hours they can just get really old. Why do you think most women out there take off their hosiery the second they walk in the front door (and some will do so in the car when they are leaving the office)?

But yes, perhaps fetish was a bit extreme. However, obsessiveness is not. It rarely fails when someone has to wonder out loud why natal females just don't "get" pantyhose like many in our community do. That is what I don't "get". Women simply have a choice when it comes to what they wear and you just don't see women obsessing over hosiery in ways even remotely close to what is expressed here. I guess the closest thing would be a woman who gets obsessive about shoes but that is usually from a stylistic POV, something that is not shared with an obsessiveness over hosiery.

What I don't get is why you waste so much negativity in almost every pantyhose thread in the forum. I understand your anti pantyhose, that's great, that's your choice but why deny others of a decent conversation about an aspect of dressing that they enjoy? Why lump everyone into a category such as fetish because pantyhose completes an outfit for them? or even all of their outfits.

Please, lighten up. You clearly don't see that I'm half-serious and half-pushing buttons not unlike those who constantly deride wearing jeans. And if you have read a word or two of mine on this subject as you claim, you know I'm all good with hosiery and even wear it a time or two (betrayed by my avatar).

I don't "get" a few things that I mentioned originally and I'll stand by those. I will take back the fetish thing though, for now at least.

aprilgirl
01-15-2013, 09:39 AM
For me pantyhose used to be a pre-requisite, but for the last few years I actually prefer going bare legged, especially in the summer. During the fall and winter I will go with tights, assuming it compliments my outfit and they are practical.

Jennifer Marie P.
01-15-2013, 09:56 AM
EVEN THOUGH i WEAR PANTYHOSE AND SOMETIMES NOT i REALLY FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WITHOUT PANTYHOSE ON.

SandraInHose
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM

^ Bingo! I've noticed this trend, too. ^

To respond to the original question...I do somewhat feel 'naked' without pantyhose, since I try to wear them 24/7 as much as I can. However, living in Phoenix and it's >100 degree days from May thru September, I can't really wear them anywhere but work. I will put a pair on before I go to bed, then wear those to work the next day. But once I get home the following afternoon, I just wear shorts without hose, mostly because I still have my kids living at home. Repeat the cycle until it gets cooler at night...then I can wear them 24/7 again under my sweats (mid-November thru early March).

My wife thinks I'm nuts for wearing them at all, but even more so for wearing them under my jeans/slacks during the summer heat. Honestly I'm so used to them that I don't think twice about whether or not to wear them. I want to wear them and that's all I need.

PetiteDuality
01-16-2013, 08:16 AM
If that's all I'm wearing, then yes, I feel naked without my pantyhouse:-)

I prefer bare skin...

BLUE ORCHID
01-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi Hrley, I'm not 24/7 but I sure love the feel of my leg energy control top pantyhose
either dressed or endrab.

SexyErica
01-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Definitely Pantyhose are a must for me.just love the feel of the silkness on my legs.makes me feel so feminine

Alaceann
01-16-2013, 04:16 PM
I wear them year round, feel compleatly naked without them on. So a big yes for me...

Chazity
01-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I have to wear them ,not that I mind ,but my legs are covered in spider veins,I only wear them with a skirt or a dress ,if I wear jeans they stay off .

5150 Girl
01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Well,, I am a fan, but I'm not so far hooked that I wear them under jeans and such. However, I have a ting where Ican't go barefoot in a shoe, I don't know why, I just can't do it. So if it's a pants day, pending on the rest of the outfit, it could be kneehighs or trouser sox, but I als have a selection of cute cotton sox to.

Stacy Lyn
01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm a YES gurl all the way!

Eddie
01-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Yes I do. I also love to see women wearing them. So sexy!

harley47
01-19-2013, 11:49 PM
so many interesting comments. A few 'post scripts'--I grew up in the 1950s-1960's and there never will be anything that comes close to Hanes reinforced toe/heal 'plain knit' stockings--see what they fetch on Ebay! National Wholesale (what an odd name for a firm specializing in women's clothes-still today-great source for Vanity Fair Lace Nouveau briefs--that I wear under my PH--can't imagine not wearing nylon briefs to keep stuff more sheltered. Well, plain knits lasted a day,if lucky, were costly--mesh were simply awful.
Early versions of Pantyhose-as sometimes show up at thrift stores today-were terrible-coarse, ugly hues. Today's Silk Reflections in Little Color--not some dated 'suntan' from the 1980s- blend in with natural skin tones, are so comfortable I wear them easily 14-16 hours daily. If it gets cold, I wear my Olga Pantislip over them, if warm, delete them.
Yes, hosiery has always had a mental hold on me.when I was younger, it was a fetish for sure. Now at 66, not so-just a great support for my legs--the lycra in the Silk Reflections is what makes them so great-curiously my older sister hates lycra-likes the all nylon variety that I find uncomfortable.
Gee, we all like different stuff, don't we.stay well. harley

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
No, I will wear stockings when out in a skirt, but at home I go bare legged or opaque tights if it is cold.

Jodi
02-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I wear hose only if they are right for the outfit. Mostly, I go bare legged.

Today's shoes are designed to be worn with bare feet. (as told to me by a Ninewest district manager). When hose is worn, the foot will slide too far foreward, resulting in pain. This is especially so with thin strappy sandals.

Jodi

cathie pantyhose
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
pantyhose (a few thigh highs lately) or tights here for me. I go bare legged enough while in male mode. I love leg coverage. I could wear them 24/7/365 here

Kalista Jameson
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Pantyhose are a must for me. My legs would need too much work without them to look good to me. They are white, hard to keep smooth, and so I wear them for the same reason many women do, I just also happen to think they are sexy and erotic as well, so for me, they are a must. A pity it was Sex in the City, I think, that helped to shape American culture in a way from them in women's everyday dress and make the bare leg the new norm. I haven't seen a pantyhose commercial on TV for years. Love to see them gain popularity again with the ladies.

Cheers,

Kalista

Crissy Kay
02-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Its a yes for me too. With the outfits I like to wear, I could not cd without them.

Terraforming
02-15-2013, 06:07 PM
I almost never wear hosiery anymore. I have a pair of striped stockings I wear with certain outfits, but I'm all about jeans lately.

Angie G
02-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I like wearing them but mostly wear thigh highs. Sometimes tights and I do feel incomplete with out something on my legs.:hugs:
Angie

Alanea
02-15-2013, 10:44 PM
YES, I love wearing hose of all types, panty hose when its warmer and tights when cooler!!!!
Alanea

Sarah V
02-17-2013, 06:28 AM
No, i don't have any feelings of nakedness when I decide not to wear my pantyhose, but most days though I am wearing them underneath my business suit trousers.

Princess Chantal
02-18-2013, 12:07 AM
No, I don't feel naked without them. I feel like my guy mode without them.......

wearingtanpantyhose
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Not naked, but they certainly are an important part of my wardrobe. Besides loving feel of nylons on my legs and combined with a tight pair of panties and control top hose, I can present a feminine image without tucking. A flimsy pair of panties and and skirt... though comfortable it's a dead giveaway.

Elle1946
02-18-2013, 01:53 PM
I can't go to sleep at night without them on.

marelna
03-18-2013, 05:52 AM
I admit to my addiction!! I even wear Wolford and Pretty Polly tights/pantyhose under my suit trousers when en drab (with my knickers of course!!). Makes for fun times at toilet breaks, but seeing as i always sit to pee, not that much difference.

Jenni Yumiko
03-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Nope, legs need to breathe!

Angela Campbell
03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Actually I am starting on my tan so I don't have to wear them. Bare legs are so much better.

CynthiaD
03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, feel naked without my pantyhose. I wear them all day every day, except when sleeping. The only time I don't wear them during the day is when I go to the doctor. And this is only because I don't want the hassle of taking them off to be examined.