PDA

View Full Version : The best day windowshopping

Emma Beth
01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Last night I needed a new inner tube for my bike, so the both of us went to the store. We poked around a bit and we decided that I would be able to get my ears pierced. We had a lot of fun running a simple errand.

This morning we rode the bikes out to the mall; yes it was 26 degrees out when we did this, but we didn't care.

We got out to the mall and found some wonderful things that went onto the mental wishlist and I feel that my personal style is budding.

However, there were two things that were on my mind most of the day.

Last night when we were poking around, she pointed out the purses and even suggested a couple for me. Now, this seems to me like she expects me to eventually go out because I don't see the point in getting a purse unless you are going out. I haven't even come close to approaching this subject with her.

I will admit that the idea is something I would like to explore eventually, but it's something I know that I will not be ready for for quite a while. From this I know that we are almost on the same page and growing together. Thursday I will be getting my ears pierced.

The second thing was more of an observation more than a thought.

As we looked around at the different stores, I noticed that the styles were all very similar between each company, yet each seemed to refuse to go with the same color palette. I noticed this between the stores that were aiming their sales at the same demographic. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

ArleneRaquel
01-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Jamie,
Thank you for sharing, a delightful story darlin.

Emma Beth
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Thank you Arlene and big hugs.

As new as this part of our lives is, we really are growing together better than I originally thought. That is the one thing I cherish the most; growing together whatever that means, good and bad.

Love and Huggs,
Jamie

Laura912
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Once a "style line" is chosen or what ever is in "style," sellers have little variation except in the colors unless one gets into some very high priced clothing. It sounds like your wife has a handle on all this and will be a good mentor.

kimdl93
01-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Regarding the color palette, I haven't noticed, but will look in the future.

I was interested in your speculation on the purse and your wife being on the same page. It seems to be so. Consequently I think you can comfortably follow her lead in deciding where you go next. It's easier to do that than to choose a next step and hope she is on board.

Jenniferathome
01-14-2013, 06:48 PM
well, you'll need a purse. pockets tend to be more decoration than function in woman's clothes, especially front pockets. You really can carry nothing in your pockets, not even a phone. Even if not going out, a purse if a convenient place to keep your makeup and/or jewelry.

Beverley Sims
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
At least you have an active fashion consultant.
You won't look so drab when you are dressed now.

Leah Lynn
01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Girls, Please! The term now is handbags! Mother carried a purse!

Just a liitle humor.

Trust the SO; she'll let you know when you're ready to venture forth. And when you do, enjoy that experience. You may go out thousands of times after that, but there is only one "first time".

Leah

Rebecca Leslie
01-14-2013, 10:12 PM
It is odd that they would use a different pallet from one another. The colors that are going to be big next year are decided a year or more ahead of time and if you are running a big label you pay Pantone big bucks to tell you what that color pallet is. Last years big color was a poppy orange this year it's emerald. But google Pantone they put the pallet together.