PDA

View Full Version : Here 15 Days: Strange Observation

CassandraSmith
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
I wish I could pass. Maybe I can pass. I'm not sure. I'm going to consultant sometime in the next couple of weeks for help. However, I just noticed something really strange, super tall women sort of look like us more than them. Is it just me? Is it just our height that we're battling with here? Am I just being silly? Probably yes to that last one but here's some pictures to consider:

http://uberhumor.com/extremely-tall-women-if-you-are-in-to-that-kind-of-thing-34-pictures (possible pop ups, sorry; here's the pics)

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/oMaTn.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/lpKKB.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Q8jWE.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/wlSMU.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/IyBc4.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/wIcPm.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/0yAlD.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/QopUs.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/BP12q.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/efpGy.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/CC0OP.jpg

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tzdMQ.jpg

Karren H
01-15-2013, 03:08 PM
When the pituitary gland producing human growth hormone goes craze.... the results are rarely feminine no matter what gender....

Tibby
01-15-2013, 03:12 PM
You're quite spot on there. I wonder how many of the bystanders in the pics were looking at the tall woman and trying to work out if it was a woman or not, I know a few of them had me giving it a right close scrutiny.

IngeInCO
01-15-2013, 03:13 PM
I can pass as a taller woman... 5'7 do the math with heels

kimdl93
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
yeah, I think height and some other physical attributes tend to go hand in hand. Still, I dont think its an absolute rule that tall women look less feminine, nor is it absolute that tall CDrs will be less "passable". For the record, I don't entirely feel that passing is a prerequisite. Its an easier goal to simply blend in and feel comfortable in public. Overtime, as you gain confidence in your presentation, the fear of not passing will fade and you can focus on enjoying your life as part of the larger world.

Catherine Hopkins
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I have just reported the original post as following the link caused multiple spam windows to open in my browser - the sort that tell you you've won something (an iPad 3 in this case) and offer no alternative but to click through.

I had to force quit my browser and change setting to stop them REopening every time I restarted my browser.

If you haven't already followed the link, don't.

Carmen
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
5' 10" here...so with any substantial heels I'm easily over 6'.
So I wear comfy shoes with minimal heels and I'm fine with that.
As for passing...well for the most part it's all about being me...and no longer concerning myself with what the rest of the populace thinks.
Many of the members here are middle age and beyond. They are seldom concerned with passing and are just being the girl that they are.
As long as I look nice, dress nice, feel nice and aren't creating a rukus, then everything else will fall into place.

But I will admit that those 3-4 inch heels can up my level of femme poise solely by the way they affect my posture.
They are required when dressed to the nines! I have several pairs.

Carmen

andrea lace
01-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately I am 6 foot 1 inches without heels, my wife and I are shoe shopping tomorrow, so how tall will I be in heels? Who knows I'm new to this...... well not new just newly open about it with my wife. But I have to say no matter how tall I am with heels, I'm still gonna wear them x

mikiSJ
01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
'When I was in Junior College in the Bay Area in the late '60s, there was a woman English instructor who was over 7 feet tall. Nobody would ever mistake her as a man as she had very woman like features, just stretched out. She was definitely challenged in the walking feminine area, though.

MsJanessa
01-15-2013, 08:36 PM
yeah, I think height and some other physical attributes tend to go hand in hand. Still, I dont think its an absolute rule that tall women look less feminine, nor is it absolute that tall CDrs will be less "passable". For the record, I don't entirely feel that passing is a prerequisite. Its an easier goal to simply blend in and feel comfortable in public. Overtime, as you gain confidence in your presentation, the fear of not passing will fade and you can focus on enjoying your life as part of the larger world.

You are correct--the key to "passing" is not to stand out but to blend in---what a lot of the ladies here really mean by "passing" is to be dressed to the nines in sexy revealing clothing, lots of makeup, big sexy wigs etc--few of us could "pass" like that---the most passable TGs I know blend in by appearing as ordinary looking women, not as sex goddesses---on the other hand it can be fun to be a sex godess, even if you don't "pass"

LaraPeterson
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
A sex goddess, that's what I want to be. I wear 4 or 5 inch heels most of the time. Talk about not blending, especially in Southeast Asia where I'm a foot and a half taller than most. Oh well, if you are going to stand out, stand up and shout.

RADER
01-15-2013, 11:56 PM
I am 6' 3" with out heals, now IF I where to wear heals, you would
need to put a flashing light on my head so the airplanes do not run into me.
Rader

Dana L
01-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm 6'2" without heels. All I need to do is get a few of them to hang out with and I'll going out all the time.

Barbara Ella
01-16-2013, 12:14 AM
At times I feel short at only 6 ft even, but my feminine feelings are not altered whether I am 6 ft, or 6 ft 4 inches in heels.....Well, actually the heels, when I wear them do make me feel it more, just wish I could wear them more.

Barbara

NathalieX66
01-16-2013, 12:22 AM
I suck. I'm 5'6"...yeah I win win sometimes......yeah, I suck, sorry.:ms:
tease/taunt.

AmyGaleRT
01-16-2013, 02:14 AM
I'm around 6'3" before heels, and I'm also a plus-size lady. Probably not very inconspicuous at all. :) However, I take comfort in my fiancee's observation of me, dressed but without makeup, on the night of the Big Reveal: "You look more feminine than I do!" Since then, my presentation has been gradually improving, and my confidence is building. So one day, Amy will venture forth into the world, head held high...

- Amy

TeresaL
01-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Super tall? In that department, Im ok. I'm 5'6" too, and wear size 9 in women's shoes. Yet, lots of women are shorter, so I wear flats.

I'm not totally bragging, because in male role, my height causes me to have an inferiority complex. It would be nice to be over six foot tall, and have an intimidating factor to boot! LOL

But in female role, I am under the radar, and have never, ever been accosted, stared at, or outed. I credit that partly due to people being preoccupied or oblivious, and to my ordinary women's clothing and non flamboyant presentation style. Nothing to call attention to. Plus my face is slightly feminine so that appearance wise, I come off simply as a masculine looking elderly female. At least I like to trick myself into believing so. LOL

-----
And why can't we?

Pearl
01-16-2013, 02:30 AM
I am 6' 3" with out heals, now IF I where to wear heals, you would
need to put a flashing light on my head so the airplanes do not run into me.
Rader
i'm also 6'3", and have a pair of heels, which i haven't worn, because right before they came (from an internet site) i broke a bone in my foot. oops! i think my height precludes me from passing in public, in spite of my being devastatingly beautiful (okay, i'm a little delusional), but in private i'm just waitin' to slip my tootsies into those heels, just so my girl friend can oogle my legs!

ReineD
01-16-2013, 02:41 AM
The women in those pictures are inordinately tall and it looks as if they suffer from Acromegaly which results in Gigantism (I looked it up). This is caused by hyper secretion of growth hormone, due to the presence of a a tumor on the pituitary gland.

I found an article that explains this and also lists the various medical and other conditions such people suffer. Among them is a thickening of the facial traits, which on women would make them look more masculine.

http://www.colaborare.net/endocrine/acromegaly-and-gigantism.html

If a woman is tall due to her genetic makeup (tall parents), and not because of a tumor on her pituitary gland, she would not be as tall (likely not beyond 6'2" although even this is rare) and I don't think she would look as masculine.

Stephanie Miller
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Average sized women are over rated. They're everywhere. A dime a dozen. With tall women.. they're easy to find in a crowd and it gives you more to love :D
With that said.... I love them all :love:

kristinacd55
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
I've been to outings with very tall women and my observation is some pass and some don't. It's all up to how each individual feels about themselves. Heck, im 6'4" with my 4" heels on!

Beverley Sims
01-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Women who are tall often have a large frame ed body and a heavier physique.
This makes them stand out and of course some will tend to look like us.
A small petite CDer will look like a girl if she has a small frame and slight build.
Find 32 small petite CDers and think about that.

CassandraSmith
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Sorry if the link messed up your browser. I didn't have any problems using Firefox with the pop ups blocker on. I'll just snag the photos and load them into our system next time so this can't happen.

TeresaL
01-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Short petite women are overrated and shouldn't set the standards for GG or crossdressers. My dear wife is 4 or 5 inches taller and 70 pounds heavier than me. That doesn't make her any less attractive.

A little anecdote, when we first met and were walking side by side, she told me to STOP and switch sides with her. While doing so, and somewhat puzzled, I asked her why? She replied that the sidewalk was higher on her side, and she wanted to appear closer to my hieght.

steftoday
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
5'7" here. No issues dressed in either gender. :)

GroovyChristy
01-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I think those women are beautiful. I'm right at 6 feet myself. Tall women may be unusual, but heck, I'm unusual too. ;) I just hope I can be pretty as well. Oh and Cassandra, from what I can tell you should have no worries about passing! :)

TeresaL
01-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Wow that the first time anyone my size has been called over anything, as a short petite woman normally I just get called midget by the husband, even when he introduces to me to people lol :D

I love short women too. LOL. It just seems to me that society puts emphasis on tall men and short women, as in, "tall dark and handsome," and "5 foot two, eyes of blue." I've had minor discrimination for my height, which IMO is an overrated trend, and puts outliers at a disadvantage and possible discriminating issues. In the early seventies, i didn't qualify for the job I wanted because I was under the height requirement.

Society IMO, discriminates against too tall, too short, too heavy, too thin, bald people, and us too.

becky77
01-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Yay, all I need is a couple of these as friends and I will feel more normal :)

TeresaL
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM

Me too, in my courting days. Being at eyeball level isn't necessary, and not near as cozy. Heheh

CassandraSmith
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. BTW, I would love to hang out with that one in the 4th photo. We'd look like sisters.

What's funny is that the camera angle on your avatar is from a little higher and I just assumed you were about 5'2" or so. Then I've seen a couple of full length photos and I see you're height challenged like I am.

becky77
01-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. BTW, I would love to hang out with that one in the 4th photo. We'd look like sisters.

What's funny is that the camera angle on your avatar is from a little higher and I just assumed you were about 5'2" or so. Then I've seen a couple of full length photos and I see you're height challenged like I am.

6 foot and would love to be shorter but it is what it is.

Kaitlyn Michele
01-18-2013, 08:58 AM
i transitioned at 6'2"

i get looked at all the time...people come up to me and ask how tall i am every once in a while...
often when i see a 6'+ woman we say something to each other.... when i chat with a very shorter woman every single time they tell me they wish they were taller
never have i been challenged about my gender (i did do ffs)

i very rarely wear heels...i went to a wedding once in heels and a dress and there was actually a girl there taller than me!!! 6'4 ish and she wore very high heels!! the guys were all over both of us and very curious to talk to us..
we both took off our heels by mid wedding..neither of us were used to wearing them and we laughed about that...

there are VERY few women that are 6'2"....about 5'11-6' is where the line is drawn between uncommon and rare

in the end there are all types, every size and shape...including passable and unpassable crossdressers or ts women...

i didn't think those girls in the first pictures were masculine at all..there were some masculine features, but they were overwhelming feminine and i doubt any of them would be taken for anything other than a genetic woman.

Jennifer in CO
01-19-2013, 09:33 AM
our youngest daughter is 6ft - and there ain't a masculine thing about her....

jenn

Jorja
01-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Stop it! There is nothing wrong with being a tall woman. Just go out and take a good look around. They are everywhere. At 6'1" in bare feet. I have enjoyed being a tall woman for many years. Own it and have fun with it. Yes, some will look at you and try to determine if you are the real thing. Just wink and smile at them then move on allowing them to wonder.

CassandraSmith
01-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Stop it! There is nothing wrong with being a tall woman. Just go out and take a good look around. They are everywhere. At 6'1" in bare feet. I have enjoyed being a tall woman for many years. Own it and have fun with it. Yes, some will look at you and try to determine if you are the real thing. Just wink and smile at them then move on allowing them to wonder.

OK, I will!

Cassy

P.S. I still want to hang out with that one in picture 4 really bad though!

NCAmazon
02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
The women in those pictures are inordinately tall and it looks as if they suffer from Acromegaly which results in Gigantism (I looked it up). This is caused by hyper secretion of growth hormone, due to the presence of a a tumor on the pituitary gland.

I found an article that explains this and also lists the various medical and other conditions such people suffer. Among them is a thickening of the facial traits, which on women would make them look more masculine.

http://www.colaborare.net/endocrine/acromegaly-and-gigantism.html

If a woman is tall due to her genetic makeup (tall parents), and not because of a tumor on her pituitary gland, she would not be as tall (likely not beyond 6'2" although even this is rare) and I don't think she would look as masculine.

There are very tall females without the issue of pituitary gland tumors. A lot of women's basketball teams have women at 6'2" and even taller. Now they aren't common among society but there are a lot of them in the sports world.

Most of them don't have a pituitary gland tumor. There are some basketball and volleyball teams with women in the 6'5" range. Their father's are usually very tall!

Interestingly I saw a women's basketball game on tv where the anouncer remarked that a college a player that was the leading rebounder in the NCAA and she was only 6'2" implying that 6'2" was not that tall relative to the competition.

CassandraSmith
02-06-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm around 6'3" before heels, and I'm also a plus-size lady. Probably not very inconspicuous at all. :) However, I take comfort in my fiancee's observation of me, dressed but without makeup, on the night of the Big Reveal: "You look more feminine than I do!" Since then, my presentation has been gradually improving, and my confidence is building. So one day, Amy will venture forth into the world, head held high...

- Amy

Yes, but you ooze petiteness! It's really more of a frame of mind now that I think about it.

Tibby
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Yes they are very tall, some made to look taller by possibly being posed with undertall people but one thing you should also notice, every single one of them is smiling and every single one of them is oozing in confidence.

Cassy don't worry, if you go out and someone looks at you for being a tall woman, be confident and give them a dazzling smile. Short people will want to be you and tall people will want to stand with you and if anyone does notice further than your height and notice you're a CDer, well lets face it, people are cowards when faced with confidence. Just don't put yourself in any danger.

Stay safe.

P.S, don't try stooping to make you seem shorter, that'll stand out more.

AmyGaleRT
02-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Yes, but you ooze petiteness! It's really more of a frame of mind now that I think about it.

Well, you're a sweetie for saying so, Cassy.:) I do use a high camera angle in my pictures, and there's nothing in frame that really gives me any kind of scale. But you may have a point with the "frame of mind" thing...when dressed, I don't feel all that concerned about my height, even in 3" heels (which is about as high as I go for the moment).

- Amy