PDA

View Full Version : I finally got my ears pierced!!!

Michelle03
01-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Girls I am so excited I finally worked up enough nerve to go have my ears pierced!!! I know this doesn't sound like much but to me this was a huge step. lol. I don't work until tomorrow so I will have to see how the guys on the construction site take it (I have my fingers crossed). I've come to grips with whatever they could say and figured I could handle whatever they could throw at me. At least that's what I've been telling myself. lol.

helena.gcd
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
thats great.
Just think of all the nice and cute earrings that you will be able to wear and everything will be alright :)

Luna Nyx
01-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Congrats! I remember when I had my ears pierced. I gauged them out to 1 1/2 inches before I got them sewed up. I miss having them now.

VickkiSummers
01-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Very awesome! I did mine a while ago and love them!

LIKETODRESS2
01-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Great news. I finally did mine about 2 years ago I love them wish i wouuld have done it a long time ago

Michelle03
01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks Girls! Im honestly nervous about tomorrow still. lol. Last year my neighbor was working on the same job as I was on and the night before I was dressed up watching tv on the couch in the house when there was a knock on the door. So I left to go to the bed room and my wife answered it and it was him she told him I was sleeping and he left. The next morning were in a saftey meeting with about 30 men on the construction site. In front of everyone he said "So you were playing dress up last night huh" Omg I was sooooo embarrassed. Everyone just started looking at me and all i could think to do was turn it into a joke so I just said "Yup thats what we do on Tuesdays" and then I laughed. I never heard another word about it but I know he knows and it kinda scares me. lol.

Congrats! I remember when I had my ears pierced. I gauged them out to 1 1/2 inches before I got them sewed up. I miss having them now.

How long does it take to gauge them that big?

Rhonda Darling
01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Congrats for taking that step -- especially working construction! Just tell them that your wife/GF/whomever dared you to do it as she's admired sports stars that have earrings. You agreed because you understand that the holes will close up and grow together if you leave the studs out for a few weeks. In a few weeks they'll be used to your studs, and you'll never hear another word from them.

I'm 62 and would absolutely LOVE to have mine pierced. GF is against it and in the type of work I do earrings are atypical. Alas.

Rhonda

Dana L
01-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Congrats, they make you feel so feminine especialy when they're healed up enough to wear something that dangles. I'm 44 and love mine so much I'm thinking about getting one more in each.

DanaR
01-16-2013, 01:32 AM
You might not want to wear cute dangling earrings to work though.:D

Janelle_C
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm very happy for you. I know what a big step that can be. I thought I would get a ton of questions about mine, but only a coulpe of people ask why. And my only answer was because I wanted to why else would I. Enjoy them. Hugs Janelle

MsRenee
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Congrats girl on the step forward. Now I bet you cant wait to put a cute pair of dangles on andnot have tk worry about them coming off. Youll be fine at your job not like its gonna prevent you from doing it properly.
Hugs
Renee

diannecourtney
01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Still contemplating and awaiting reactions from new GF. Hey congrats.

Barbra P
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Had mine about two years ago and was a bit self conscious at first, but nobody said anything. About a year after having them pierced I was going to a retirement luncheon with my Wife and there was going to be a lot of military personnel, mostly Marines. My Wife retired after forty years working on one of the Navy Bases here but this was for a person she knew on the Marine base. I couldn’t help wondering if I was going to take flack from the Marines over my earrings (small gold balls). I had nothing to worry about, while none of the Marines in uniform were sporting earrings, several in civilian clothing were and one of the Marines in unmiform at our table had pierced ears.

Only one person in two years has ever commented and that was our mechanic. He looked up and it was obvious he noticed my earrings and then he asked me if they were a sign of a mid-life crisis. I laughed and said was much too old to be having a mid-life crisis, and that was all that was said.

A week before having a my ears pierced I had a pedi complete with polish, a Father’s Day present from my Daughter, and she helped me pick out a pretty Poppy Pink color. I was even more self conscious about my painted toe nails, but again hardly anyone has ever said anything to me about them. My Optometrist said “Oh, your toes are pink” but then went on to ask how my eyes were doing. Prior to my cataract surgery the tech mapping my cornea said “I see your toes are painted, I’ll bet you also have grandkids too.” Now I have had women look down then look up and give me a big smile, usually in an elevator, and my Doctor’s nurse did a double take when she passed me in the hall, and my Doctor commented on the color but she does know that I dress.

Much of what we worry about never comes to pass and I like to remember a sign I saw hanging in a hospital “Worry does you about as much good as sticking a needle in your navel to relieve gas”.

Jenniferathome
01-16-2013, 11:25 AM
You can get clear retainers to keep the holes open. Easier to hide in daily use if you prefer.

rachael.davis
01-16-2013, 11:38 AM
You are going to love having pierced ears more, and more.

Beverley Sims
01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Michelle,
I wish you LOTS of luck with the guys at work.
I will be most interested to hear the outcome, especially from the neighbour.

Paulette
01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Cut some small pieces of 50 pound test fishing line and they will act as retainers and no will see them

April_Ligeia
01-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I have mine done 0 gauge in each ear. I wear flesh colored silucone retainers for work, but noone ever says anything about it.

xcdmargo
01-16-2013, 08:51 PM
That's really great Michelle
I'm seriously thinking about doing it in the next week or so. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. How long does it take to heal before you start wearing nice earrings?

margo

sandra-leigh
01-16-2013, 11:51 PM
So, Michelle, tell us how the first day was?!

Jennifer Marie P.
01-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Awesome now you get to wear those cute dangling earrings.

Jana
01-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Tell them your "girl" likes it... ;)

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi Michelle, That's wonderful I'm happy for you.

Barbra P
01-17-2013, 10:45 AM
OK Michelle, we're all waiting to hear how the guys reacted, although I'm leaning toward nobody said anything.