PDA

View Full Version : A few steps back...for the fun of it.

I Am Paula
01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
This afternoon I had appointments for coloring, cut, and style, and an eyebrow wax.
For the eyebrows they ask for no makeup above the lashes, and for the hair color, they smear vaseline along my hairline, which ruins foundation, plus they always manage to stain my blouse with hairdye. SO... I went back to an old mode I used to enjoy before going full time.
Skinny jeans and ankle boots, blouse over a cami (blouse to be removed at salon), my nails done (of course), the usual jewellery and a Coach purse. NO BOOBS, no make up, and my hair just pulled back into a pony. A true gendermess.
It was fun, and I drew more attention than presenting female. It's hard to spot the missplaced pronouns in that mode. I made sure I used the washroom at the salon, cause mall washrooms could become a problem.
I got a nice cut, all the stylists were their usual friendly selves, although one did ask me what I did with Celeste.
When I got home I realized I still prefer full female presentation, but it was a fun outing, and I haven't done the half way thing for months.
I put on some boobs and make up, and went to my coffee shop to show the girls there my new color/coiff.
I'm reminded, we really can wear what we want, when we want, but if you really push the envelope, have some thick skin for the inevitable 'What the f***s'.-Celeste

trish lee
01-15-2013, 07:54 PM
I just want to say way to go , if everyone just would enjoy life like you the world would be so much nicer.

LaraPeterson
01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi Celeste, I'm a "gendermess" whether I'm en femme or not.

Rogina B
01-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Glad you dodged the imaginary angry mobs with torches and pitchforks that go out hunting queers!!

sissystephanie
01-15-2013, 11:45 PM
My dear late wife used to do my makeup and fix my wig when I was going out as Stephanie. She was much better at it than I was, being a GG! When she passed away 7 years ago I decided to just go out dressed enfemme but looking like the man that I am! I go out dressed completely enfemme, sometimes in a skirt or dress, but wearing no makeup and no wig!! Oh yes, I do wear a bra, but no forms since I have natural 40 B's! Sure, I do get some looks but I don't care. I have even had both men and women ask me where I bought the skirt, dress, or top that I am wearing!!

You can wear what you want, Celeste, as long as you aren't pushing the envelope!! Keep it up!!

Beverley Sims
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I usually like to remain the complete girl when doing something like you did.

kenzee
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
We should be able to wear whatever we want when we want. But sadly most people cant see out side their own little box. Its a shame.

kimdl93
01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Reminds me of my first venture to the hair dressers for a femme cut/style. I work women's linen slack and sandals, a VS tank top, no forms etc, and a bit of eye make up. My hairdresser didn't know until the moment I arrived that I was a CDr and it didn't phase her in the least. My presence didn't evoke much reaction from the other stylists or patrons.

Footnote: I loved the hairstyle, but confess that my skills didn't match her's and I had great difficulty recreating the style the following day.