PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Secrets invades London, UK

anastasiafantasia
01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
I was meandering down New Bond Street, London past all the upmarket deisgner stores of the Prada, Gucci ec.. ilk and stumbled on this rather unexpected great black behemoth of a store with plasma tvs built into the wall and then realised they were playing the Victoria Secrets runway show on the screens.

I didn't dare venture into the store ( probably more to do with the fact that i don't look like i belong shopping on New Bond Street usually than me being en drab walking into a lingerie store past the obligatory phalanx of armani-clad store security and sales assistants in most of the stores)

.I later researched the store online and i think it's the flagship store for Victoria Secrets over here in the UK, which is rather exciting because i know alot of you US girls like shopping there.Apparently, it's over 4 floors. I hope they stay and expand into other cities and towns over here (because i haven't seen em here before) and wondered if any of the London girls have ventured into the inner sanctum en homme or en femme here yet?Anyone fancy an outing there sometime to give the posh ladies who lunch something to gossip about over lunch with the girls?:P:battingeyelashes:

I Am Paula
01-16-2013, 10:40 AM
VS has very well laid out policies on both men shopping, and transgender. It's all laid out in the procedures and policies manuals each employee reads and signs. You can feel free to go in in any presentation you want and expect/demand the very best service. You can wear a teenage mutant ninja turtles costume, and if your Euros are the same color as everybody else's, shop till you drop. Just for the fun of it, go in in guy mode and ask to try on a bra-they don't even flinch. Have fun-Celeste

Beverley Sims
01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
I have been th VS in the states but the London store sounds fantastic.
I must have a look next time I am there.

reb.femme
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
.......... and if your Euros are the same color as everybody else's, shop till you drop......

Euros!!!! Euros!!!!! Perish the thought and God bless the fact that we still have Betty Windsor's Pounds £. :heehee:

Rebecca

anastasiafantasia
01-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes Rebecca.Thank god for the foresight of who was it Maggie's lot ( i forget- not too great on politics!) and the good 'ole British common sense
!I must admit even though i haven't gone shopping en femme before i was indeed tempted to peek inside the magical emporium that is Victoria Secrets.The only other similar store i have seen in London is when Abercrombie and Fitch rather controversially moved into Saville Row.

It's a whole new, kinda total shopping experience that is more american than anything we have really experienced over here, i think, simulataneously assailing all the senses with the ultimate goal of utter submission and forcing us into buying far too many beautiful bejewelled bras and lacey things!I give in.....:P

allesha10
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Although somewhat pricey, I prefer Secrets In Lace, I like more of the older traditional fashion lingerie.

Jilmac
01-18-2013, 09:49 PM
VS is in almost every major city in the US, and I've shopped at my local store several times with a GG friend while en femme, but never got too excited about their lingerie. I have found as good a quality lingerie at JC Penney or TJ Maxx that fit better and cost less.

I Am Paula
01-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Euros!!!! Euros!!!!! Perish the thought and God bless the fact that we still have Betty Windsor's Pounds £. :heehee:

Rebecca

Sorry about that. Brain fart. At first England descision not to go to the euro raised some eyebrows. Now with the Euro going down the tubes fast, perhaps you were right.

Angie G
01-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Do go in and have a look hun.:hugs:
Angie

Fiona K
01-19-2013, 12:14 PM
It may explain the redesign of LaSenza shops, they look like VS. however considering that 75% of UK women buy their undies in Marks & Spencer and that LaSenza went into liquidation last year, they may stick with Bond St before rolling out elsewhere. At least until the triple-dip recession is finally over.

flatlander_48
01-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Victoria Secrets invades London, UK

One small point: It's Victoria's Secret...

anastasiafantasia
01-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks Celeste for the orignial urging to just go in and explore myself.I'm not sure whether the SAs over here are as well trained regarding TG customers over here, as i am rather closeted at the moment, but i do know there is only one way to find out!I might have to just bite the bullet soon.Also, i did read that they have fitters available in there (which makes sense i guess!:p) so who knows maybe this a project for 2013.

Oh Fiona i have never been into LaSenza.Although makes sense that maybe they have overextended themselves or something with all the fitting out expenses at this time of recession.LaSenza was owned by one of the Dragons on Dragon's Den the bald one i think wasn't it and so must have been successful.Such a shame like HMV going into administration too.

Oops sorry flatlander_48 had indulged in a wee bit of whiskey when i wrote this!

P.S. Sorry i'm not quite sure how to do the bubble quotes yet.I'll have to find out.

Lynn Marie
01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Although somewhat pricey, I prefer Secrets In Lace, I like more of the older traditional fashion lingerie.

Yes, me too.

I've bought bras at VS many times for my lady friend. They have her most favorite pushup style. Just seems that they have nothing that really interests me for me.

reb.femme
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
P.S. Sorry i'm not quite sure how to do the bubble quotes yet.I'll have to find out.

Hi Anastasia,

Hit the 'Reply with Quote' icon at the bottom right of the post you wish to quote, then edit out any bits you don't want to leave in. Just leave the square brackets and any text inside them at both the beginning and end of the quote. This ensures it stays in the bubble format you see.

To test that it's how you want it, select 'Go Advanced' and then scroll down to 'Preview Post'. You can do all the fancy stuff from here. When happy, select 'Submit Reply'.

Rebecca

flatlander_48
01-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Oops sorry flatlander_48 had indulged in a wee bit of whiskey when i wrote this!

Sounds like an excellent idea!

anastasiafantasia
01-22-2013, 01:24 AM

I'll have to check them out!I'm not sure if we have them here; unfortunately if we don't the excise and duty and taxes will probably be more than the actual goods though i'm guessing!Grrrr!

Hi Anastasia,

Hit the 'Reply with Quote' icon at the bottom right of the post you wish to quote, then edit out any bits you don't want to leave in. Just leave the square brackets and any text inside them at both the beginning and end of the quote. This ensures it stays in the bubble format you see.

To test that it's how you want it, select 'Go Advanced' and then scroll down to 'Preview Post'. You can do all the fancy stuff from here. When happy, select 'Submit Reply'.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca.I feel a little dumb.I should have just had a little look and play around.

Eryn
01-22-2013, 01:33 AM
While I love my VS bras, their panties leave me less than impressed. I need a bit more support than those little whisps of lace will provide.

It's interesting that VS is now in the UK, as they had a strongly British flavor when they exploded across the US landscape, with "Victoria" referring to the Queen of that name. Of course, that was simply made-up as the store was conceived by an American as a place where men could comfortably buy lingerie for their ladies.

Rhonda Ann
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
VS is in almost every major city in the US, and I've shopped at my local store several times with a GG friend while en femme, but never got too excited about their lingerie. I have found as good a quality lingerie at JC Penney or TJ Maxx that fit better and cost less.

I totally agree, even though I love to check out the things in VS from time to time to see what's new in there store. Sometimes I think Walmart has the discontinued merchandise from VS.