PDA

View Full Version : Some stats for this board

Engendered
01-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Heya,
I spent the day writing a program to graph the activity of the MtF board for the year 2012. I displayed the results in the form of circles based on how much you posted here. The larger the circle, the more you posted. (i hope the image displays ok here).

Moderator's Note: the image was too big, but please click here to see it (http://www.skynet.ie/~susan/crcircles.png)

The image shows the most prominent posters..for everyone else..imagine tiny circles filling in the gaps of the picture (it made it a bit cluttered looking though, so I didn't post that version of the image)
If you want to see the full breakdown, I have the just the numbers and names listed in descending order here:
http://www.skynet.ie/~susan/cr.txt

Kate Simmons
01-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Pretty cute Hon, and I thought only Droid tracked us.:heehee: I'm just glad I'm not the biggest. I know I'm a "Chatty Cathy" sometimes but what the hey? A girl does what a girl has to do and one thing girls do best is talk. :battingeyelashes::)

Laura28
01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Great post love it !!!

Laura

Angela Campbell
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Ooooh...I found me on there!

Theresa_W
01-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow! Pretty cool! I guess I have to step up, I found myself Waaaaaaaay down that list! LOL

Barbra P
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Can’t help but wonder how you compiled your list. Your list shows that I posted 51 times yet on my profile I have 154 posts listed for 2012. Seems like there is something amiss with your figures.

Engendered
01-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Can’t help but wonder how you compiled your list. Your list shows that I posted 51 times yet on my profile I have 154 posts listed for 2012. Seems like there is something amiss with your figures.

Hi Barbra. :)
You may have 154 posts across the entire site in 2012, but this list is only for the MtF crossdressing board. I didn't include any of the other boards like Beauty/Introductions/Picture Gallery/Lounge etc (as it would have been too difficult).

Kate Simmons
01-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Really nice job Hon. It kinda reminds me of fun colored bubbles. Girls bubbling over. Whoulda figured?:)

stephNE
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
That is really cool. I was only a member for the last three months of the year, I'm afraid I'll dominate this next year, maybe I'll think before I post.

Trish
01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
I can't even find myself on the list. I guess I need to post more.

Stephanie47
01-16-2013, 05:11 PM
I think I may have too much time on my hands! Oh, I'm retired! I forgot that for a minute. Not really! Now the question is how many times of the 907 posts was I totally en femme?

PS: Your bubbles are really cute looking, like your avatar picture!

Abigail
01-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Nice, cant help but think someone has too much time on their hands lol
As i have just been made redundant will possibly have a lot more time to dress and post but less money to shop :sad:

Laura912
01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
But I wanna red bubble....seriously, very clever and entertaining.

kimdl93
01-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Yipes! I'm over inflated!!!!! Just a few more (14) and I'll hit the 10,000 post limit. Then I promise to shut my mouth...er stop typling.

Marleena
01-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Yipes! I'm over inflated!!!!! Just a few more (14) and I'll hit the 10,000 post limit. Then I promise to shut my mouth...er stop typling.

Too late you hit 10,000 and don't you ever shutup, we love your input here.:)

This is a great graph except it makes me look fat.:heehee:

Jorja
01-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Great job! I even got a purple bubble, cool.

27th Jennifer
01-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Now I need to make sure to post aplenty and move up the list!

Ana

Deedee Skyblue
01-16-2013, 06:50 PM
very nice. What's the lower limit on the graphic? I'm trying to figure out how tiny my bubble would be...

Dee

Engendered
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
I limited it to 300 bubbles, and that goes down to 72 posts on the list, so yours would be roughly half the size of the smallest bubble on that graph. Still quite visible if it was drawn. :)

Karren H
01-16-2013, 07:08 PM
I slacked off a bit.... lol. Remodeling and this new job is taking away from my free time..... and not so free time.... love the colors.... my Fortran compiler never let me play with colors...

Marleena
01-16-2013, 07:13 PM
I limited it to 300 bubbles, and that goes down to 72 posts on the list, so yours would be roughly half the size of the smallest bubble on that graph. Still quite visible if it was drawn. :)

Nicely done.. Thank you.:)

Lori B
01-16-2013, 07:29 PM
sooooooo,,,what are the prizes?? I best get on the stick then.....:doh::heehee:QZEDGiDzgp0

ReineD
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
I don't know anything about writing programs so I'm curious as to how you got a program to read the 2012 stats on this board and sort the posts by member name?

Engendered
01-16-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't know anything about writing programs so I'm curious as to how you got a program to read the 2012 stats on this board and sort the posts by member name?

Unfortunately, not without a lot of graft. There was no magical solution except to look through each topic in turn and make note of the names of each poster. Someone could eventually do it by hand of course this way, but with a computer I was able to automate it.
For anyone curious, I also did up an extremely dense graph which gives all 3990 people a bubble. It names everyone down to around 20 posts or so. Note though that it is quite a large image (over 4 megabytes), so it may take a while to load depending on your machine:

http://www.skynet.ie/~susan/crcircles2.png

This one is a little more like where's waldo though. You may be listed in there, and never find yourself.

whowhatwhen
01-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Of course I get the brown bubble..
Okay, so I use the bathroom a lot I get it.

:D

I'm also interested on how you did this, like how you collected the data and what you wrote your program in.

Ceri Anne
01-16-2013, 07:50 PM
well gee, I need to comment more if I'm going to catch up to Karen Hutton :)

Diane Smith
01-16-2013, 07:56 PM
I wanted a pink bubble!

A technical question: Is it the *diameter* or the *area* of the circles that is proportional to the number of posts? The latter would produce a more visually meaningful graph. Can you tell I studied information graphics in grad school?

- Diane

Engendered
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
I wanted a pink bubble!

A technical question: Is it the *diameter* or the *area* of the circles that is proportional to the number of posts? The latter would produce a more visually meaningful graph. Can you tell I studied information graphics in grad school?

- Diane

:) It's very definitely the area, and something very important to get right for this sort of visualization. Thanks for asking though. Mistakes like that can happen.

TeresaL
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
This is way cool. Thanks for all the hard work, it's awesome.

Wildaboutheels
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Noticed that Doc got the only "real" pink or the closest thing to it of any size [at least on my my monitor] and Purple got one of only two lime greens and that i somehow ended up near the top of the pic. All random I'm sure but I will take it as a compliment anyway!

RenneB
01-16-2013, 08:59 PM
hey...wait a minute... wasn't skynet terminated??? LOL... At 256 posts, I guess that's about less than one a day.... Hope to get my bubble bigger in 2013...

Thanks for the thread...

Renne.....

AmyGaleRT
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I would've thought my bubble would be bigger...but then I saw that it represented all of 2012, and, up until October, I was still on hiatus prior to the Big Reveal. Oh well, I'm on pace for a bigger bubble next year. :)

- Amy

stacycoral
01-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Wow, you don't know how many people are out there until reading the list, thanks for such hard work you did on this, fun to read, thanks hugs.

MissTee
01-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Ha! My name won't fit on the pin head. Cool graph.

donnatracey
01-17-2013, 12:09 AM
All I can say is "Wow".....and I need to step up the pace in 2013................:brolleyes:

DianeDeBris
01-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi Engendered - this is such a great exercise! Thank you for the work and creativity. Maith thu! Hugs - Diane

bridget thronton
01-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Nice job and an interesting display

becky77
01-17-2013, 04:00 AM
It may have been small but I still wanted to see my colour bubble lol.

suzy1
01-17-2013, 04:38 AM
Yippy, I’m there!:dance:
And I’m a pretty colour too.

Vicky_Scot
01-17-2013, 05:42 AM
I am sorry to be a party pooper but why is it that no matter what kind of forum it is someone feels they have to post a 'I am a better poster than you' thread.

There may be many reasons why people only post when they can. I only read and sometimes reply to threads that interest me. Therefore my post count is deemed poor but does that mean that I am not a valued member of this forum as much as someone posting 100 or 500 posts a year.

Some people just want to browse the forum but do not want to participate. Some people want to reply to everything posted. There is no difference between the two. They are both using this forum in a manner that suits them best.

As I said doing this just makes it another forum of I am a better member than you. I did not realize it was a competition to see who makes the most posts in a year.

Whats the prize?

becky77
01-17-2013, 05:49 AM
I am sorry to be a party pooper but why is it that no matter what kind of forum it is someone feels they have to post a 'I am a better poster than you' thread.

There may be many reasons why people only post when they can. I only read and sometimes reply to threads that interest me. Therefore my post count is deemed poor but does that mean that I am not a valued member of this forum as much as someone posting 100 or 500 posts a year.

Some people just want to browse the forum but do not want to participate. Some people want to reply to everything posted. There is no difference between the two. They are both using this forum in a manner that suits them best.

As I said doing this just makes it another forum of I am a better member than you. I did not realize it was a competition to see who makes the most posts in a year.

Whats the prize?

I can't say I read it that way? I think you are taking it wrong, it's just a an interesting look at what's happening not a competition?

Vicky_Scot
01-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Well Becky

There is only one reason that I can see that someone post a thread like this.

It is to judge others.

Don't you think we are judged enough?

becky77
01-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Well Becky

It is to judge others.

Honestly? I think you are being overly sensitive. The reason for the thread seems to me to be nothing more than interesting stats. You could say it's quite the opposite and that the big posters are being picked on for having no life and spreading there opinions around too much. But seeing as I read a lot of their posts that's not the case either.

We are judged but who isn't? I just fail to see anything even remotely offensive in this thread?

Perhaps I am the wrong one.

DAVIDA
01-17-2013, 06:19 AM
Yep, it is interesting. But flawed.:brolleyes:
I know that I don't post much in this sub-forum, but I do on occasion.
My name isn't even on the list.:doh:

NatashaCD
01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
LoL im not even a speck :p

Claire Cook
01-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Love it, thanks. With all those balloons it's time for a party!

suzy1
01-17-2013, 07:40 AM
I did not realize it was a competition to see who makes the most posts in a year.

Whats the prize?

If a member posts only one post ever then that post is as important as all the others Vicky.
This is just fun but if it is upsetting members then the Mods will deal with it I should think.

No prize, just a bit of fun.:)

Sandra1746
01-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks for doing the statistics Engendered, this was interesting. You also answered the question of why the number for my posts in your list differs from the one below my 'signature block'. I do post on other boards too.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

Engendered
01-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Yep, it is interesting. But flawed.:brolleyes:
I know that I don't post much in this sub-forum, but I do on occasion.
My name isn't even on the list.:doh:

Thank you for this post. I had indeed made a mistake. People with all capitals in their name didn't get picked up properly in one part of the code :doh:
I fixed that and updated both versions of the image. Of course people who liked their colours the first time around, will probably hate the random number generator this time. :)

And Vicky. I apologise if you think this topic is just a means to judge people. It really wasn't intended that way. I only post from time to time aswell (11 last year!). I was just curious, and wanted to share what I found in a colourful way. :hugs:

bobbimo
01-17-2013, 08:07 AM
That was great, Thanks for doing it, and it sure is a neat way to show the most active members. I guess I have to work on blowing up my balloon for 2013
Bobbi

Miranda09
01-17-2013, 08:43 AM
YIKES...that's alot of bubbles!!!! Surprised you didn't go stir crazy compiling these stats.....nicely done and a clever way of illustrating our activity! :) (Ooooo...I'm a pretty blue bubble!!!)

becky77
01-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Hey I changed colour! But the new colour purple is nice :)

Jennifer Marie P.
01-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Great job on it hun It must have been tough.

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi Engendered, If this was NASCAR I would be in the chase.
That is amazing you must've put lot of hours into it.

Gald to see my first ballon is blue but the second one is only red.

BillieJoEllen
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
If I counted right I'm the 102nd biggest poster. Thanks for your work on this. It is entertaining to see information on this. But' I haven't found my 'bubble' yet.

SherriePall
01-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Nice job. Thank you.Next year I promise to do a better job in the MtF forum. (Now watch, next year, you'll do it in some other forum.)

Tracii G
01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Wow I'm in the top 20 woo hoo!
I talk too much LOL.
Thanks for my own bubble.

Debra Russell
01-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Cool..... couldn't find it on the first, but the second -- it's there, BLUE --- but :idontknow: I want a RED one.......................Debra

Lorileah
01-17-2013, 02:18 PM
I feel better about me now...I am not the most prolific poster. Only about 3 posts a day. :)

sonna
01-17-2013, 03:06 PM
hey i like that pretty cool. something different

julia marie
01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
I joined well into the year and was a little shy about posting for a while. Maybe I can get a circle next year. Pink would be nice. I like pink

Ressie
01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm right between Blue Orchid and Suzy1 and they're making me blush

veronica66
01-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I am new here and trying to get 10 post so I can have privileges (like seeing a profile or sending a message)

Annaliese
01-17-2013, 05:44 PM
You have a little time on your hands, I would be the vary small dot.

STACY B
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Get out the Fire Works ,,, I got a Big Bubble ,, Bam >>>>> BAM >>>>> BIG MOUTH !!!!

RADER
01-17-2013, 06:25 PM
WOW!!!! I have a big bubble; Now I guess I better go on a diet if I am going
to fit into that new spring dress.
Rader

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm right between Blue Orchid and Suzy1 and they're making me blush

Hi Dee, You are in good company, Kinda like our little sister.

Annette_boy
01-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Everyone,
Well I are a singlr digit wonder guess I better get moving to get to 2 digits for 2013 .So this is number one for 2013.
Annette:D

Shadeauxmarie
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Great job! This really speaks to the geek in me.

april_lynn
01-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Wow, this made me realize that I lurk too much and not post enough! I guess that I always feel like what I have to say isn't important enough to post. 2013- my year to post more!

Frédérique
01-18-2013, 09:58 AM
well gee, I need to comment more if I'm going to catch up to Karen Hutton

I’d LOVE to comment on that, but, for the good of the thread, I will abstain…:heehee:

PS – Well done, Engendered! I wish you would post more often…:clap:

Don't Take Life To Serious, It's Only Temporary

Pardon me for noticing, but aren’t you contradicting yourself? :straightface:

Marleena
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm going to look for a straight pin and burst everyone's bubble!:D

Foxglove
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Well Becky

It is to judge others.

Don't Take Life To Serious, It's Only Temporary

Heya,
I spent the day writing a program to graph the activity of the MtF board for the year 2012. I displayed the results in the form of circles based on how much you posted here. The larger the circle, the more you posted. (i hope the image displays ok here).

So you're the culprit! I couldn't imagine how something like this would pop up on the net:

http://www.skynet.ie/~susan/cr.txt

I'm glad you've confessed, though. It was bothering me.

I suppose I can't complain too much. I got a big bubble and it's the right color (green). But it's right down at the bottom and not very conspicuous. I'm definitely going to have to see my agent about that.

flatlander_48
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
hey...wait a minute... wasn't skynet terminated??? LOL... At 256 posts, I guess that's about less than one a day.... Hope to get my bubble bigger in 2013...

Thanks for the thread...

Renne.....

Yes, John Connor and friends took care of that. Must be some sort of resistant mutant strain...