PDA

View Full Version : The new shoes

Robbin_Sinclair
01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
THE NEW SHOES

They came in the mail, today. It is a nicely packaged parcel marked “FRAGILE” from prodigal son who lives in Richmond. In Canada not the other one. Size 10 44B. Pumps, black low. A big shiny silver buckle.

They make my feet look awful.

Or do they?

They didn’t feel good at first. Right foot pinched at the heel and my too wide man foot in a lady’s show hurt on the right side. It was attacked it with hands and muscle that Robbin says she did not know she had. She called it adrenaline. New shoes adrenaline.

I’m growing to like them now. Now I love them. They are so me. They feel good.

Horrors, I’m in a restaurant. How did that happen? I promised myself that I would put the drab black loafers back on, after I opened the package from Richmond. People may know me. How can I be in a public restaurant with these shoes on? But I’m here. Deal with it.

Food has been ordered. Legs crossed. Perhaps, I should move the ankle around a bit. They look so good. They move so well. Wonder if I can make a little lady-like movement? My, that feels good.

Men don’t get a thrill like this with their shoes. What’s the difference? Between a man’s shoe and the CD1044B. Maybe it is the size? The weight? The shape? All of the above. And that belt buckle.

They walk so well. As I go to the men’s room. People may know me!

Nobody is noticing. My secret survives another day.

Jodi Anne
01-16-2013, 05:34 PM
That's too cute.

kimdl93
01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
"Mama said you can tell a lot about people from their shoes" (Forrest Gump)

Robbin_Sinclair
01-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the comments. They mean a lot to me. I love the too cute remark. Perfect. That made my day.

Question for CDs who understand this site better: 192 viewers and 2 comments confuses me. Does that mean 190 people thought it was stupid? Or trite? Or un-something?

I have learned that most people are not like me. I love to make comments. This has always been a part of my life and assured me of early retirement.

Still, if only 1 or 2 percent like it or at least thought it worthy of comment, that's more than I had the day before I wrote it. Thanks again, girls. xxrobbin

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Robbin, It's best not to let the 192 / 2 comment get to you just enjoy your dressing.

I love watching a lady hang her shoe from her toe and shake it around it just drives me.

Gypsy Sam
01-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Blue Orchid,

Women have been dangling a shoe of their toe for centuries, some consciously some because their bored. Knowing that it gets male attention has been a public way to flirt safely. Have suffered rejection when I tried to engage in conversation the star of the show who either feigned innocence, or wasn't ready to have some one cross the line. Women do like getting hit on, but they don't like getting hit on, but they do like getting hit on. An ordinary woman makes a pass at a man, with few exceptions men are good to go.

Beverley Sims
02-18-2013, 02:06 PM
I think you have duplicated this thread Robin.
Just some wording has been changed.

Gypsy Sam
02-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Robbin,

The shoe debut and the braveness that goes along with it make for interesting reading. Wondered what you wore along with the shoes and buckle ? People do notice right away and your acceptance of that without fear of being ostracized is remarkable. Today as I venture out with exterior clothing in male drab, will appreciate your candor and savor the tights I'm wearing underneath. While imagine the possibilties ?

Jaymees22
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I wonder if this is a "true shoe" story, probably I wish it were mine. I love my girl shoes and boots too. Hugs Jaymee

JoanneBerryUS
02-18-2013, 08:47 PM
That is wonderful Robbin. I love shoes and really love whats inside them.

Annaliese2010
02-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Shoot...ya shlda included a pic. Now I'm curious, dang it.

AmyGaleRT
02-18-2013, 09:49 PM
That's a great story, Robbin! Like Annaliese, I was hoping there'd be a pic of the shoes. :)

I may not have noticed this thread the first time you posted it, or otherwise I might have been inspired to comment then. But I hope I just made up for it. :)

- Amy

flatlander_48
02-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Still, if only 1 or 2 percent like it or at least thought it worthy of comment, that's more than I had the day before I wrote it. Thanks again, girls. xxrobbin

I wouldn't worry about that. I think it's more like folks didn't have anything to add to the conversation. Anyway, nice piece. And yes, I'm also waiting for photos...