PDA

View Full Version : First time post

Megan L
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi, my name is Megan i'm new to your site, im a long time cross-dresser i've been dressing since i was about 12 using my moms underwear (got caught a couple times) mom sent me to a shrink (it didn't work) anyways i'm married now for 21yrs my wife used to enjoy me dressing but i'm the last 3-4 years she doesn't want anything to do with it. I mean she knows but doesn't want to know, im a closet dresser i've only been out with underwear(bra,garter,stockings,cami,and slip under my cloths with a jacket on to hide the bra otherwise i'm in my room with the door shut and locked sometime when no one is home i walk around for a bit but mostly in my room someone could show up at anytime. Anyhow i guess im not a full timer like most of you I would love to be but i'm not family wouldn't understand and or friends. I would like to find someone here in Sacramento to dress with and be able to talk to. So I dont know if im right for this site it has answered some questions i had but otherwise everyone is full timers I dont know what to do im confused and frustrated sorry about the miss spells and such not my best subject

Jenniferathome
01-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Megan, "most" of us are part time, like you. Lots of folks near you: http://www.rivercitygems.org

JustWendy
01-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Megan, Jennifer is right. I imagine the large majority of the members here are not full-time. There are many reasons for that, and the more time you spend here you'll realize what an incredibly broad spectrum we represent. There is room for everyone, so relax and enjoy your time with us and share when the mood moves you. Welcome.

Wendy

Megan L
01-16-2013, 08:58 PM
I guess I over analyzed by seeing most of the pictures I took it as most of you were full timers, looking at your pics I can't even go that much. Thank you for your advice and the site you gave me was great hopefully I can meet someone I can dress with and talk to as well, until then um stuck in my room with the door locked. Thank you again and thanks for the great welcome

ArleneRaquel
01-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Hello Megan,
Welcome darlin from a nearly 24/7 girl. HUGZ !

AmyGaleRT
01-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi, Megan! As you've already heard, most of us aren't actually full-time CDs. I'm not, for instance; I generally get to be Amy just a few evenings a week. But that's OK; my male side is important, too. And when I am Amy, I try to make the most of it, improving my presentation. You'll find that there are many, many kinds of crossdressers here, ranging from the fetish dressers who tend to concentrate more on one item of clothing and don't really have a full femme presentation, all the way up to those dressing 24/7 and working towards full transition, with many variations between those. But they're all welcome here. And so are you. :hugs:

- Amy

Tibby
01-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Hi megan, not everybody here is full time. There are many who are going through the exact same situation as you so you will find people here who you can relate with and get support from. While my husband has my full support, he is still struggling in coming to terms with himself and in even talking with other CD'ers, though he has now taken the first step in applying for an account here, something which I am immensely proud of him for doing, even if he just lurks and reads posts to realise he isn't alone in this. You may learn something about yourself, about your wife's feelings towards this but you should always feel welcome and have somewhere to be yourself.

Megan L
01-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Wow I wish my wife was as understanding as you that would help tremendously

MissTee
01-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi and welcome, Megan. As with the others, I'm not full time nor do I want to be. I float all around the gender spectrum at will, and I thoroughly enjoy the ride. Have fun here and good luck.

Gretchen_To_Be
01-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Hello and welcome, Megan. I'm nowhere near a full-timer and have only been honest with myself and my wife for a months. It's strictly behind closed doors and will probably stay that way. Have a good time here, there are some nice people.

SexyErica
01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Hello Megan and welcome to the forum. I think if stick around here long enough you find lots of us that are the same situation.My self included!I have been dressing since I was about the same age.I came out to my wife a few years ago and to my surprise she accepted it and actually came to enjoy it as long as it stayed behind closed doors.I too have family and friends that would never understand except for all the wonderful friends on this forum who have been wonderfully supportive and kind and I sure you'll find the same.

Beverley Sims
01-18-2013, 11:04 AM
A few posts and replies to them will help you decide whether this is the right place for you.
People do meet up from here but generally they swap ideas and help each other with advice.
Sorry about your wife back tracking but somewhere you may have brought it on yourself by displaying it too much.
You do have to be careful and dont refer to your dressing and things take a more natural course.
Read more of the posts here about that problem too,and don't push it.
I welcome you to the forum also, have a pleasant and enjoyable stay here.

Megan L
01-18-2013, 11:10 AM
A few posts and replies to them will help you decide whether this is the right place for you.
People do meet up from here but generally they swap ideas and help each other with advice.
Sorry about your wife back tracking but somewhere you may have brought it on yourself by displaying it too much.
You do have to be careful and dont refer to your dressing and things take a more natural course.
Read more of the posts here about that problem too,and don't push it.
I welcome you to the forum also, have a pleasant and enjoyable stay here.

sorry new to site I will learn

Barbara Ella
01-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Megan, as you have read, your situation is not much different than a lot of us. It takes a special person to go 24/7, and for most of us the stars never quite align to allow that for more than maybe a few days. Still, those days are wonderful. As you gain confidence and become more comfortable with yourself and your understanding as to why you dress, you will begin to find the need to express what you do with the pictures. They are just part of the total package that we accept when we accept ourself. When you feel right you will know it and it will seem like second nature to you, and the same can be said about everything you contemplate for so long before finally doing it. Just trust yourself. The girls here will prove to be a wonderful source of inormation to remove the confusion,and direct you away from the frustration.

Hugs,

Barbara

Maria S
01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi, my name is Megan i'm new to your site, im a long time cross-dresser i've been dressing since i was about 12 using my moms underwear (got caught a couple times) mom sent me to a shrink (it didn't work) anyways i'm married now for 21yrs my wife used to enjoy me dressing but i'm the last 3-4 years she doesn't want anything to do with it. I mean she knows but doesn't want to know, im a closet dresser i've only been out with underwear(bra,garter,stockings,cami,and slip under my cloths with a jacket on to hide the bra otherwise i'm in my room with the door shut and locked sometime when no one is home i walk around for a bit but mostly in my room someone could show up at anytime. Anyhow i guess im not a full timer like most of you I would love to be but i'm not family wouldn't understand and or friends. I would like to find someone here in Sacramento to dress with and be able to talk to. So I dont know if im right for this site it has answered some questions i had but otherwise everyone is full timers I dont know what to do im confused and frustrated sorry about the miss spells and such not my best subject

Hi Megan

A lot of us either are or were in the same boat as you. It can be frustrating having to dress behind closed doors (been there) but who knows what the future holds? Also we all have family and friend hookups, with me some know, some don't, some accept, some don't. It's a jungle to begin with but trust me the end result is WELLLLLL worth it.

Maria

Tracii G
01-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi and welcome Megan nice to have you with us.

Megan L
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the wonderful welcomes for everyone

Stevie
01-18-2013, 12:10 PM
I am new too and your situation is similar to mine except she now knows about it

Laura912
01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Megan, welcome. I am here just about exactly one year. There is diversity of dress, timing, and interests. Enjoy.

CassandraSmith
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
So I dont know if im right for this site it has answered some questions i had but otherwise everyone is full timers I dont know what to do im confused and frustrated sorry about the miss spells and such not my best subject

Hi Megan,

From what I've seen so far, there's plenty of diversity here so you'll fit in just fine.

I don't know about everyone else, but I never have gone out dressed and I'm not 24/7. I probably dress about 5-6 nights a week for a few hours each night. That's just been lately in the last two years. Otherwise, your story and frequency sounds about like me for the first part of my life. It is my goal this year to attend some sort of very controlled function out but I'll likely dress there. The last thing I want is some sort of trouble while I'm in girl mode in public because I'm really the quiet shy type and I'm very sensitive.

Cassy

P.S. Megan is a great name; one of my fav's.

Jodi Anne
01-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Hello Megan, welcome, pull up a chair and let your hair down.
lots of good chat here.

Vanessa Amber420
01-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Hi Megan thanks for joining the forum. Looking forward to seeing you in the forum!

Joanne f
01-19-2013, 03:13 AM
Hello Megan L,
and welcome, as have been said by others that there is a large range of people one here so no need to be worried about if you are in the right place, what ever you do it is best to keep it within your perspective and find a balance that is right for your wife, family and you which I must admit is not always easy to do .