PDA

View Full Version : Working at home en femme

Camille15
01-16-2013, 06:24 PM
All of my team is out this week, as is my manager. So it's just me in the office, 10 minutes away from my house. I resisted the idea for awhile, since I try to make it a point not to do work when en femme, and as I do have plenty of work to catch-up on. But once two female co-workers started chatting about a cute blouse, I couldn't stand it anymore. Maybe I could have resisted under normal circumstances, but I have a new dress that just arrived yesterday, with no other time coming up try it on.

So I headed home around 2:30pm, and am now fully dressed, doing work. I find it doesn't distract from my work, as I thought it might, and it even improves my mood. I wonder if people will detect a happier tone in my emails?

I felt a little bad about it at first, but no real harm done to anyone. And it does feed into my new resolution to love myself and prioritize my own needs too. OK, back to the email grind!

<3
Camille

Staci K
01-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi Camille!

Isn't working from home great! I've been a telecommuter working from my home office for over 4 years now. I love being able to log in to work after waking up while still in my nightgown or being able to slip into near full Nicole mode while working and no-one is the wiser (hard to get away long enough to do my makeup - I pretty much only have the time to step away to change clothes and put my forms on before I'll be gone from the PC too long and someone would notice I'd stepped away).

Nicole

SandraInHose
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
I always thought that would be awesome to work at home fully or nearly fully dressed. And I still would like to be able to do it at least a couple of days per week but not everyday. I would miss the interaction with my coworkers, most of whom I get along with great. Heck, I see them more than I see my wife and kids!

Ceri Anne
01-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't get the oppertunity to work pretty very often, but its lovely when I do.

stacycoral
01-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Miss Camille, girl i think its great that you can work while dress really enjoying the day, keep it up and because alot of us girls can't do to are work, so enjoy it for all of us. hugs.

bobbimo
01-17-2013, 08:12 AM
I am lucky to be able to work from home too.
I love to dress up extra nice,makeup, etc, for an important telecom. (Yeah its silly) Its so much fun to be part of a meeting with the USN, admirals and hot shorts as Bobbi. If they only knew.
The best part is to listen to the boring meetings and epliate my legs. Multi-tasking at its best.
Bobbi

DonnaT
01-17-2013, 08:18 AM
I had surgery on my ankle in Oct. last year, and worked from home. Being able to dress made the work much more doable.

I still work from home a couple days a week, as the ankle has not healed yet, and I have physical therapy twice a week.

Jennifer in CO
01-17-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm sitting here working right now...in satin pj's...

Jenn

JBPerry
01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
All you ladies are so lucky to be able to work from home!!! As a Marine, can't really work from home....too much that involves hands-on!!! At least I can underdress though!

celeste26
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm retired and while I do not "work" from home I am nearly 24/7 dressed en femme even do my outside chores without changing.

kenzee
01-17-2013, 10:08 AM
I agree working dressed from home would be great. Alas , never happen for me. So those of you that can , enjoy !

Amy Fakley
01-17-2013, 10:17 AM
doing it right now :-)
I really love working en femme, after nearly a decade working from home, I don't think I could even function in a regular office anymore. I wouldn't know how to act, LOL
If these guys on these conference calls only knew!

Beverley Sims
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Working at home en femme is a natural progression for me.
I feel better disposed to decision making and other chores.
I do not dress when in the workplace and others do not know.
I find it relaxing.

LauraBird
01-17-2013, 01:04 PM
I used to dress at home while working all the time. I worked from home full time for years - it's really the time when Laura started to "come into being".

One thing to watch out for... when I worked from home, my employer LOVED to use webcams. They'd send me an instant message, then click the "webcam" button and BOOP - my webcam was on! If you have a laptop, it's probably a good idea to put a piece of paper or tape over the lens in case it happens. :)

CassandraSmith
01-17-2013, 01:33 PM
So I headed home around 2:30pm, and am now fully dressed, doing work.

"I need to show you what's going on here. Have you got your Skype application running?"
"Uh, I'm going to need 15 minutes or so to get that going."
"I think the valve is faulty and these cracks could result in an immediate melt down."
"Alright, let's see it."
"Wow, that's a great look on you!?!?"

LauraBird
01-17-2013, 02:00 PM
I wasn't into makeup yet and always kept a sweatshirt nearby.

"Why isn't your webcam on?"
- Oh, sorry, I was troubleshooting and shut it off. Here let me turn it back on. *toss wig off, grab sweatshirt* There it is...

Maria S
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
I am currently looking for work. When I'm at home applying online for jobs I'm dressed all day until I pick my wife up in the evening. My wife announced that I should be out there cold calling on employers for work looking smart with shirt and tie. I knew she was right but this is going to drastically reduce my dressing time. My solution on the days I'm going out is to dress with wig and no makeup have breakfast and when I'm ready to go out off come the wig, shoes, jewelry and boobs and on go a pair of womens jeans over the tights, mens shoes and mens coat zipped up to not show female top. So at least it feels like I'm semi dressed. As soon as I get home I go back to full girl mode makeup etc for a couple of hours before going back for the wife.

Maria

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi Camille, Working at home while en femme that sounds like multi tasking.

Ariamythe
01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
I have a podcast that I record semi-regularly, and often I'm doing solo voice overs on Sunday mornings. This last Sunday also happened to be a day where I was home alone. I did not pass up the opportunity, and so I recorded en femme. Not my voice; and obviously the listeners will never know. But still, it was fun to be doing something "normal" in dress!

FaithGrace
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm lucky enough to be a self-employed software consultant so work from home dressed as pretty and as sexy as I can be every day. Life is good. :c9:

MsCheri
01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
I am lucky enough to work daily as me. Sometimes full makeup, sometimes just casual. LOVE it.

GinaD
01-18-2013, 09:54 AM
I recently started a new job that has me travelling all over the place. About half of my work time is in hotel rooms or at home. Although I don't meet clients as Gina, I have been able to spend a lot more time dressed. I have started to dress when off the road, do what work I have to, then complete my day as Gina. Gina hasn't been out some much in public before.

Cristi
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I worked at home for years. I'm stuck in an office with others now, but for over a decade I worked 100% out of a home office.

It is kind of fun to think back now and know that, for more than a few major projects, I was in a skirt or dress, heels, hose etc for the entire thing. One thing about working from home is that it is sometimes difficult to separate your time... When you should be working, and when work is done and you need to turn it off. My solution? When I needed to work, I'd dress for business. I have a closet full of 'business casual' wear. Skirt suits, dresses, heels, etc that you'd see most women wearing to an office on a daily basis.

Every morning, I'd get ready for work just like many other women with office jobs. Many nights I'd pick the next days outfit out ahead of time and hang it all, including the bra/panties and hose, on the closet door so it would be easy to get ready for work when I was half asleep (I'm NOT a morning person!)

Then I'd get my cup of coffee and head to my office. The only time I WASN'T dressed was if I was expecting a package, or had an outside meeting. Other than that, every conference call, every long day spent working on a project, every frustrating time trying to solve a problems was done in a skirt or dress. In time, it felt so totally normal to me that I didn't even think of it as being 'dressed' anymore. Smoothing the skirt under me as I sat in my office chair, crossing my legs when I sat and feeling the movement of the dress as I paced while on a conference call all felt normal to the point that I'd miss them if I was in pants.

In the end, after over a decade of working this way, I have enough outfits in my closet that I could wear something different to the office every day for over a month without repeating.

At the end of the day, I would separate work from home time by changing out of my more formal clothes into something more casual. Take off the hose, put on a comfy skirt and jersey, take off the dangling earrings, etc.

allesha10
01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Even though I love being dressed and doing the household stuff, I am still nervous that someone will see ma through the windows, am I just paranoid?

FrancineBrice
01-19-2013, 11:57 AM
I am lucky enough to be retired and while I do not "have to work" from home. I truly love dressing feminine nearly 24/7 also I sometimes I get to do my outside chores without changing back to male drab! Life is great!

Jenny Wilson
01-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Between marriages I had a lot of privacy. I also work from home, unless I'm on the road, so I went weeks being able to dress up every day - bra, slip, hose, heels, dress, makeup, wig, nail polish and jewelry. What a wonderful time that was. I just loved feeling the bra encircle me, the slip against my skin, the stockings on my legs, the skirt of the dress swish against my legs, my feet in the heels, my dangling earings against my neck, the feel of a bracelet and necklace, the wisps of hair against my face - it was all so good!

Those days are over, but at least I had them.

freeindress
01-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi Camille, Working at home while en femme that sounds like multi tasking.
Especially if work is not limited to computer/phone/papers but requires protective clothing over a dress.

Jenni Yumiko
01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Just underclothes, we have quite a few videoconferences throughout the day and don't want to take the risk.

Madilyn A.
01-20-2013, 05:57 PM
I worked for years at home at least 2 days per week, always dressed, always made up, and enjoyed every minute. If you take some extra time to do your makeup, you'll find how much more efficient you will become to more than cover those extra minutes in front of the mirror. Enjoy !

flatlander_48
01-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Normally I do not work from home, but every now and then the opportunity presents itself. If I'm doing machine design work, I can connect to my company's network just like in my office. The only time you ever notice a difference is when you save a file back to one of the servers. Anyway, I find that there is an initial period of fussing over my clothes after I have changed, but after that everything seems to mellow out and the work goes pretty well. It makes for an very interesting intersection of the very masculine work that I do (I'm a mechanical engineer) but from a female perspective.

However, over the last 5 or 6 weeks, I've been doing something a bit different. I have been working on (and in) my house. Basically I assembled a BUNCH of IKEA stuff, rebuilt my closet with a wooden kit with shelves, garment bars and drawers and preparing an entertainment area in the basement. Working some nights and most weekends, I have usually dressed for the occasion. As I'm sawing, drilling and screwing, it's more of a casual look with full underdressing, a skort and turtleneck. Sometimes I'll wear bib overalls instead of the skort. I discussed this a bit in another thread. It was an interesting discovery to realize that you could hold things in your lap with the skort or a skirt that you can't when wearing pants. THAT was pretty cool. Otherwise, psychologically it is a little strange to be dressed en femme, but doing masculine physical labor. Maybe this is how Josephine the Plumber felt?

Stephanie47
01-20-2013, 08:11 PM
As a retiree I have the ability to be en femme much of the day, Monday through Friday. What I have found is when you are en femme frequently, you actually forget you're en femme. I find I just go about doing whatever my routine may be for the day' from preparing my breakfast and lunch, washing dishes, laundry, ironing, baking, cooking, gardening. When I did not have such ample time to be en femme, when I had a few hours every week or month, then I found myself standing in front of the mirror most of the time.

sharonlb
01-20-2013, 08:21 PM
I've been working from home for almost 6 years. At first I thought it was great. But eventually the feeling of isolation caused by working from home became greater than the thrill of working en femme. Communicating over the phone doesn't replace live person to person interaction. If given the choice I would work from an office and forgo working en femme.