PDA

View Full Version : The zipped dress!!

phelicia
01-16-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm a sucker for a dress with a zipper, there's just something about being 'zipped in' a dress! I got three new dresses today, all of them have back zippers and two have exposed zippers, I really like the exposed back zipper look. Does anyone else share my fashion appeal when it comes to a dress with a zipper?

Gretchen_To_Be
01-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Hi, Phelicia

I loved exposed zippers. I'm still a very limited wardrobe CD out of respect for my wife, but I can live vicariously through her!

Attached are anonymized photos of a gorgeous BCBGMaxAzria zippered pencil skirt I got her for Christmas, in two different looks. She is beautiful in both. I love her tremendously but when she dresses like this I must admit I feel pangs of jealously along with my lust!

Shibumi

RenneB
01-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Oh yea... stretch dresses or pullovers are nice, but there's something 'bout a zip up the back. Then again, there's something to be said for being able to zip it all the way up.... LOL... I have a few that I'm waiting for a few pounds to drop off and then I'm in.....

Renne......

lingerieLiz
01-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I've had several. Back in the 60s they were very common as were side zippers on skirts. I had a fitted strapless sundress with a full skirt years ago that zipped up the back. Loved that dress! Hard to get into if you didn't have help. It was nice to have someone pull the zipper up for you.

Also had a really cool black sheath dress made of wool with a beaded cowl neck. You know a girl could find herself sitting with her bra and slip exposed in the heat of the moment when the back zipper was slid down and she let the front slide off.

mikiSJ
01-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Zipped dresses mean you don't have to get dressed before you put on your makeup. Zipped dresses tend to be better made (I think) and wearing one says I like the way I dress.

Zippers on dresses are a pain in the back, shoulder, hand, wrist to get up and then later get down, but oh my, do they look nice for the effort.

Jenniferathome
01-16-2013, 11:02 PM
I hate exposed zippers in the back. I just looks so incomplete to me. I do love dresses with hidden zippers in the back and I think because it is just so traditionally "feminine." Males have nothing even close (wet suits don't count).

Rogina B
01-17-2013, 06:05 AM
I feel "committed" to the look once that hidden back zipper is at the top! Not getting out easily!

Rhonda Darling
01-17-2013, 07:46 AM
I absolutely LOVE back zip dresses (and skirts and slacks when you can find them.) I don't have the ideal body type for most fitted dresses, but that doesn't keep me from trying. In my own mind, when that zipper comes up, the dress would fit me like a second skin. If the dress fits really right, you NEED someone to zip you in and unzip you. Very feminine feeling to need another person for something as personal as getting into clothes. If I can ever get the curves in the right places, look out world . . . . . . .

Rhonda

bobbimo
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Renne you took the words right out of my mouth.
Its a great feeling to get the zipper all the way up!
I have problem with the zippered dresses in that they are always tight around my chest. Not the boob part but the fullest part of my rib cage. I dont thenk there is anyway to lose dimension there, and this makes me have to buy a larger size. Now the top fits but I look like a sack in the rest of the dress.
Oh the perils of being a woman... darn it.
Bobbi

darla_g
01-17-2013, 08:36 AM
dresses with back zippers tend to be more fitted so its always trickier getting the sizing just right. as a guy its tough finding something that fits just right since i tend to be an inverted triangle.

but i wonder if there is a subconscious desire to be "locked into" the dress the OP was referring to

Wendrme
01-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Oh, so true, that there is nothing like the feeling of someone "zipping you up". I adore the feeling of the zipper closing me into such a female garment. Unfortunately I have a shoulder problem which makes it impossible for me to be able to reach around to fasten a bra correctly or to zip up a dress. I have to use the front hook and twirl around method for my bras but sometimes my wife is happy to do the honors and I just love asking: "Honey, please zip me up."

Jennifer Marie P.
01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I love drtesses with zippers in the back and having someone to zipper you up.

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi Phelicia , There's really something great about being zipped up in a form fitting dress.

Julie Denier
01-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Most of my newest dresses have back zippers, and it really does enhance the dressing experience. It takes some contorting, but the feel and shape are worth it ;)

darla_g
01-17-2013, 09:52 AM
well there is something to be said for having to be zipped into your dress and conversely unable to remove the dress unless someone undresses you. in reality there probably is always a way around that, but its really more fun that way

celeste26
01-17-2013, 09:58 AM
In the sizes I have to buy (3x) it seems they just do not make such a thing. All I have to choose from are pull overs. Frankly most of the slacks are pull on also. Growing up I would have a sort of panic attack knowing that a zipper was closed and I could not get out of a dress so easily afterward (the confinement concept mentioned earlier.) Nowadays I cannot find anything that comes close without having it custom made. (very expensive.)

ColleenA
01-17-2013, 10:45 AM
I too enjoy a dress with the zipper in the back. And to me, there is an extra, enhanced flash to the femininity in having your bra (and slip?) exposed to another if someone is zipping you up.

I do worry, though, that an exposed zipper will snag on something.

I absolutely LOVE back zip dresses (and skirts and slacks when you can find them.)

Rhonda, I remember when I was 12 trying on a pair of my sister's slacks. I didn't realize the zipper was to go in the back - they had a horrible fit. :heehee:

Kate Simmons
01-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Let's put it this way. If something can be zipped, then it can be unzipped and that is when the fun begins. ;):)

monalisa
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
well there is something to be said for having to be zipped into your dress and conversely unable to remove the dress unless someone undresses you. in reality there probably is always a way around that, but its really more fun that way

So very true and can be both scary when she says no I won't unzip you yet and pleasurable when she slides the zipper down. The best of both worlds.

docrobbysherry
01-17-2013, 12:01 PM

The first dresses I bought were zip up to the neck dresses. Not very flattering. But, great for a beginner. There's still nothing quite like that feeling when the zipper reaches the top and you're TRAPPED! Kinky!

One of the first aids I made was a good back zipper puller. I dress alone, so without it I'm stuck in that dress!

Sharon B.
01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
I love dresses that zip up the back or even skirts for that matter also. Once upon a time I had a pair of slacks that had a zipper in back. I try my best to find dresses with zippers and I also wear plus size, wish I didn't but do.

Beverley Sims
01-17-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't know girls, I am just not a zipper freak.
They have their uses on evening dresses and for the masochistic you can get TRAPPED in a dress if one jams.
They do serve a useful purpose in making a slender figure look even greater.

NV Susan
01-17-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm also one who loves skirts and dresses with zippers. I had a pair of woman's slacks that zipped up the side. I loved that feeling, hated to get rid of them when they got to old to wear and never was able to find another pair.

becky77
01-17-2013, 01:11 PM
I like zips if they prevent me from having to pull a tight dress over my head :)

Rogina B
01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
but i wonder if there is a subconscious desire to be "locked into" the dress the OP was referring to

Darla,That is why I used the term "committed" to the look!lol

Eryn
01-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Some of my dressier dresses have zippers and I love the fitted look. Luckily, I have a spouse to help me do the zipping!

I'm not a big fan of exposed zippers, particularly the ones that are too big or look tacked on. I have enough of that effect in my work and cold weather clothes.

Veronica Lacey
01-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi phelicia...

Indeed, a zippered dress is a wonderful option in one's wardrobe. I have three of them with one more on order. I also have three blouses that have hidden zippers up the side (so well hidden that I did not know the first one had it until a few weeks later...felt pretty dumb there but all good in the end.)

celeste 26...I am not a 3x but I do order custom apparel from a site online. It is primarily a fetish site but I was tired of searching endlessly in local stores for good quality blouses, skirts and dresses. Paying about $50 - $75 for a custom satin blouse is a bit steep but when it fits perfect - especially those side zip ones - and feels great it sure feels worth spending a bit more. Same for the dresses. Perfect fit every time and enough room to allow me to zip up the back to a certain point an then reach behind and pull from the top. I am reasonably flexible but no contortionist so it seems to work. At long last I no longer have to restrict my shy shopping ways to Sears.

APRIL0401
01-17-2013, 08:56 PM
As a young teen the zipper got stuck on my sister's dress that I was trying on.

Didn't think I was ever going to get out of that dress.

Raili
01-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I developed a small stick with a wire hook at the end, with which I can pull my back zip of my dresses all the way up or down with no help needed

Rhonda Darling
01-18-2013, 12:23 AM
dresses with back zippers tend to be more fitted so its always trickier getting the sizing just right. as a guy its tough finding something that fits just right since i tend to be an inverted triangle.

Subconscious??????? Ha ha ha ha ha.

Rhonda

Veronica Lacey! What is the name of the online site that you order custom blouses, skirts, and dresses from? Inquiring shoppers want (need) to know.

Rhonda

Jenniferathome
01-18-2013, 12:31 AM
I developed a small stick with a wire hook at the end, with which I can pull my back zip of my dresses all the way up or down with no help needed

string and a paperclip work just fine

Launa
01-18-2013, 08:53 AM
I love the feeling of that hidden zipper too.

I have 1 custom fitting dress that is just about impossible to get the dress on or off by myself. I have to stand up straight with my shoulders back, chest out and the wife does it up for me.

There are few places that will custom make sissy dresses and they can come with a small piece of metal on the collar that you slip a padlock through it, called a locking dress. Hmmmm.......