PDA

View Full Version : Santa Claus is Coming To Town

Stephanie Brooks
12-04-2005, 11:23 PM
PROLOGUE

My wife and I have an agreement that I can go out en femme once a month. I stay in a hotel and can do anything I want, obviously within the bounds of respect for our marriage. This agreement is because she does not want me dressed at home around our daughter, and does not want me departing from or arriving at home en femme. While this isn't the ideal situation, it is working.

OPENING

Here's a situation for you. You walk into a hotel lobby to register. You give your name. You're a Frequent Guest at this hotel chain, so you're used to things going quickly and smoothly, when you hear, "Oh. You're already checked in."

"Excuse me?"

"Yes. Let me see... Jennifer Pool already checked in." He looked at me, realizing something was amiss. "Do you know her?"

"No." A normal guy would think, "Do I want to know her?!" My thought was, "Can she do makeovers?"

Yes, that's how this month's adventure officially opened.

THE OUTFIT

I wore a brown corduroy jumper (dress) with pink top, flats, earrings, and "Steve's" black trenchcoat. It was a very casual outfit, at least in comparison to other outfits I've worn.

THE ADVENTURE - PART I

I couldn't decide what I wanted to do en femme. I was hoping to go to a local music club, but I really didn't care for the type of music to be performed. My viable alternatives included a choice of two movies, dinner and bookstore, and mall and coffee. I used as scientific a method as possible to decide; I rolled a four sided die (one I use for D&D). It came up "mall and coffee".

Grand. I needed and wanted to go out, and this would definitely be a challenge. I almost changed to one of the two movies, but in the end went to the mall. I must admit that Marla and Angel's recent successful adventure influenced and encouraged me.

http://www.shopfairoaksmall.com/

Fair Oaks Mall has nearly 200 stores, better road access than Tysons I, and more parking. Being that this is the Christmas shopping season and a Saturday night, it would be busy. It didn't matter.

Around 7PM I entered one of the large "anchor" stores and headed toward the tobacco shop. One of my friends works there (3rd job, labour of love, free tobacco), and he knows of Stephanie. He's one of the people with whom I play D&D. While he's only seen small IM buddy icons of Stephanie, I think he's pretty cool about it. It didn't matter, as he wasn't working anyway.

So here I am at a large mall. The only offline friend I have who is even mildly positive toward Stephanie isn't around. There was no way I was going to return to the hotel after 5 minutes. Geez, that would have been a waste of time. So what's a girl to do in a mall at Christmas time? Why, shop.

I did. With a vengeance.

Every year I buy calendars for people, lots of calendars. The local malls usually have one or two calendar stores at the end of the year. They have calendars for everything. Cows. Guinea pigs. Hello Kitty. Fractals. I had a bunch of calendars in 10 minutes. I went to the register, gave the cashier the calendars and credit card, and moved on to the next store.

CREDIT CARDS

Never provide fraudulent information for a credit card. I have at least one credit card in my femme name. The femme card is an additional card on my main account. Social security number is Steve's number, and relationship is "self". In fact one time I was talking with a credit card company about an additional card, and when the woman asked how Stephanie was related to me, I said truthfully, "self". While she was noticeably surprised, it wasn't a problem.

On this adventure, this was the second time I'd used my femme credit cards. While never challenged, by providing truthful information to the credit card companies I figure I could withstand any reasonable challenge. It's far easier to tell the truth than to try and recall a lie.

That said, I made a conscious effort to ensure I signed all charge slips as Stephanie rather than Steve. ^_^

ADVENTURE - PART II

How do you pick out the crossdresser in a large and busy shopping mall? She's the only one wearing a dress.

After 30 minutes in the mall, I'd done some significant shopping and wanted a coffee. Yum yum, Starbucks. I bought a cup, began to drink it, and discovered how well long lasting lipstick stands up to extremely hot coffee: not very well. Oh well, it happens. I found a chair, sat, and enjoyed my coffee.

My final purchase followed at the See's Candy stand. You Left Coasters have it lucky. You get See's Candy all year long. We get it only at Christmas, and on the occasional (re: rare) trips to the west.

My shopping limit was reached after 45 minutes. It had been a successful night, but it was still early. Again, I didn't want to simply return to the hotel, not this early anyway.

On to Borders Bookstore.

ADVENTURE - PART III

Although there's a Borders in the mall, it's a small one. I went to the large one nearby. It was a short and uneventful drive.

Once at Borders, I hit my favorite sections - math, programming, science fiction, manga, and a few others. (Did you guess I like books?!) I made my final purchase of the night with cash.

The adventure ended after I drove back to the hotel around 8:30PM. I parked, retrieved my packages from the car trunk, and started walking to one of hotel side doors, one that requires a key to enter. A man was approaching it. It was an older man, one who seemed okay. He was a gentleman. He opened the door for me, and I thanked him.

It had been a good evening overall.

PASSING

I got a few looks from people along the way. When making purchases, in one case someone made an effort to compare my receipt signature against my credit card signature, though this happens in drab too.

My voice is not particularly feminine, though I try to get by on being pleasant and just being my femme self. Mostly it seems to work.

PHOTOS

The first two photos are hotel pics, taken with the cell phone on the tv - er, television. The next two are of me in the mall with the cell phone in my hands. The final one was another self-hand-held at Borders, with the math section in the background. You've been spared the really bad pictures.

EPILOGUE

I never met Jennifer Pool, but I suspect she had some small food item she purchased this morning, as it was charged to my room - and subsequently removed from my bill. Makes me wonder if she was naughty or nice.

TGMarla
12-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Wow, Steph. Thanks for the testimonial. Looks like you had a really great evening. And you look cute in the jumper and pink top. I'm sure that for the most part you blended right in. Good job!

Holly
12-04-2005, 11:50 PM
An evening out and alot of your Christmas shopping done, too. It doesn't get any better than that! Sounds like you had a good time. You deserve it.

Wendy me
12-05-2005, 05:20 AM
veary nice as always i loved rerading your story abougt going out and love the pics.........any danceing there girlfreind??????????????

Kim E
12-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Stephanie, enjoy reading of your adventures. Sounds like you had a fun time. Its tough staying out of those book stores though. :)

Kim

DanaJ
12-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Stephanie - wow what a wonderful read! I must add my voice to the others, I love reading the stories of your outtings :) Great story (and pix), and it sounds like you had a successful trip - what kind of calendar did you get me? Or is it a surprise? :D

Stephanie Brooks
12-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Thank you everyone! I'm glad folks enjoy the writeups of my little adventures. They're not much, but I try to have fun going out, and I like writing about it. There's always someting new.

TGMarla, thank you! <*blushes*> Yes, I think mostly I did fit in.

Thank you Holly! Yes it was good. So's the See's chocolate. :thumbsup: Hmmm... maybe I'd better make sure they still taste okay... :rolleyes:

Wendy me, thank you!!!!!! Dancing? No, not this time. At the mall I was really focussed on shopping. At Borders, sometimes they have decent musing playing in the background, but I was even more focussed on shopping there. That's okay. We'll both keep dancing Girlfriend!

Thank you Kim E! Yes, if I have bookstores near me I'm happy! Online book shopping is fine, but sometimes I just like to look at the books and be around them. ^_^

DanaJ, Thanks! Calendar? Why, the X-Files! The truth is out there! And now we await your outing tomorrow night with bated breath (versus baited breath - hate having those wormy thingies in my mouth).

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0066211492.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

DonnaT
12-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Very nice Stephanie, but if you'd have come to the TGEA party, you wouldn't have had to worry about what to do with your time :D, not that it would have saved you any money, however.

Missy Anne's GG
12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Thanks so much for sharing your fem weekend with us. I really enjoy the way you write these adventures -- keeps me coming back for more!

You have a sweet and innocent look with the second mall picture. The sweater is a lovely pale pink and it looks very soft and feminine.

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Stephanie Brooks
12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks DonnaT! Well I'm glad TGEA was good for you this weekend. ^_^

Laurie Ann
12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Stephanie I really love your stories of your monthly outings I feel as if I am along with you.

Stephanie Brooks
12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Thank you Missy Anne's GG! <*blushes*> I'm glad you and others enjoy the adventures. Writing about them helps me to appreciate how good the times are. :)

Stephanie Brooks
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Thank you Laurie Ann! I'm glad you and others enjoy them. ^_^

Phoebe Reece
12-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Stephanie,

I enjoyed reading your latest adventure. It's always great to see another one of our girls out there doing just ordinary things such as shopping and partaking refreshments. And yes, the crossdressers around here too are often the only ones in the mall wearing dresses.

Stephanie Brooks
12-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Thank you Phoebe!!!!

And yes, the crossdressers around here too are often the only ones in the mall wearing dresses.
Sad, isn't it?

Sharon
12-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Great story, Steph, and I just love your attitude, especially when you tell yourself to get over your momentary self-doubts.

Some people may have made you, but maybe not. I would bet that your poise helps you blend in very well.

Anyway -- congratulations on having such a great time, and thank you for being so inspirational and setting such a fine example. :)

Rachel Morley
12-05-2005, 11:29 PM
I must admit that Marla and Angel's recent successful adventure influenced and encouraged me.

Aww.. Steph....:o

What a fantastic outing. I love it when others tell of their trips out en femme. It's like we feed off each others confidence :) Steph...you look really cute in your pictures, especially the one's in the hotel. Pink is DEFINITELY your color! :)

I would totally love to go out shopping with you. How about it?....you, me, Marla, and a shopping mall somewhere? :D

Stephanie Brooks
12-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Hi Sharon! Thank you!!!!!! <*Curtsies*> For a few hours each month I come alive. ^_^

Thank you Angel! I agree, knowing someone else has done something similar helps alot. The three of us shopping at a mall? My immediate thought was, YES! Maybe someday it can happen. If you folks are ever on the east coast or if I'm on the west coast (no immediate travel plans at the moment), perhaps we can help the economy a bit. ;)

Marla GG
12-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi Stephanie,

I was really looking forward to reading about your next adventure, and it was a pleasure as always. You write so well and you have such interesting observations to make.

I agree about the dearth of women in dresses and skirts at the mall. Angel and I often make a point of actually counting how many we see. At our last outing, we counted zero shoppers and two salesgirls. I did comment to Angel that I felt more relaxed being out with her when she was wearing capri pants and a nice sweater, because her outfit helped her blend in better than a dress or skirt would have.

I think it's neat that you have and use credit cards with Stephanie's name on them. You are very brave to risk the scrutiny of the cashiers, who do look more closely at customers paying with cards. Your self-confidence is so inspiring! No wonder you pass so well.....even if (as you say) your femme voice is not perfect, I'm sure your grace and poise more than make up for it.

:yrtw:

Stephanie Brooks
12-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Thank you Marla!!!!! ^_^

On skirts and dresses versus pants, I am certainly in a dilemma with that. I think I look more feminine and therefore passable in dresses. Yet when no one is wearing them in the situations I place myself, that itself is a passing risk. (Passing for me is primarily a safety issue.) Alternatively, I *could* consider myself a TS - trend setter. :p

uknowhoo
01-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi Stephanie, and Happy New Year!
I'm not sure how I missed this thread the first time
around(?). As the others have said, it is always a treat to read about your outings. I look forward to this month's tale. Til then, take care. Hugs, Tammi

Stephanie Brooks
01-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Diane and oohTammi! Thank you!!!!!

This month's outing has been delayed a bit, two weeks in fact. I've been sick with a bad cold. I went outside tonight for the first time in a few days. However, the time will pass quickly, and hopefully I'll pass too. ^_^

*BIG WARM HUGGLES* to you both!!!!!!