PDA

View Full Version : Instead of purging ... Ebay?

vanphair
01-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Instead of the typical purge (throwing things out, tossing them in a goodwill bin, etc.) has anyone ever tried selling items they didn't want on Ebay? I have tons of dresses, blouses, never worn bras and nighties, etc. that I would like to get rid of, and I'm thinking it would be better to sell it off and get a little cash back instead of just tossing it or getting a few extra dollars off of my tax refund.

Any thoughts? Anyone have any experience in this area and could share some recommendations?

NicoleScott
01-17-2013, 09:03 AM
As we use the term here, purging is getting rid of all feminine stuff that you use for crossdressing in an effort to quit crossdressing. It's like throwing that pack of cigarettes out the car window in a sudden attempt to quit smoking cold turkey (that's the easy part. Not buying cigarettes again is the hard part)
Getting rid of cothes that don't fit, you don't like, are out of fashion, to make room for more, or other reasons other than quitting is culling or upgrading, not purging.
Sure, recovering some of your crossdressing costs by selling on Ebay is a good idea.

vanphair
01-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Fair enough - if I could rename the thread I would. But the question still stands, especially if anyone has any tips or has tried to do so.

Beverley Sims
01-17-2013, 01:06 PM
This is a better alternative to purging.
You will take time to sell stuff you don't want and there are no regrets either.
You might change your mind and use the money to buy a new wardrobe.... To put the remainder of your stash in.

veroncia
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
What size are they? ;-)

darla_g
01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Not really purging but i routinely go through my "stuff" and see what i want and don't want. Some of the things like shoes, larger sizes sell well on ebay especially since they are not really worn much.

Stephanie47
01-17-2013, 04:17 PM
I've never sold anything on eBay. However, I've bought most of my 90+ dresses on eBay, hundreds of slips, panties, shapewear, shoes, etc. Check out what comparable items are selling for before listing. Be competitive. I buy most of my gently, if not new dresses, at 50% or less of retail. Take good pictures and describe accurately. I just bought a new black slip that sells for $26 plus tax for $6.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

cathie pantyhose
01-17-2013, 04:53 PM
purging is a panic/guilt move...ebay is a lower more methodical move that allows you to change your mind because you are just going to but it all back eventually. We always do

Maria S
01-17-2013, 06:45 PM
I have a modest sized wardrobe of clothes and shoes. Admittedly some of them are a little big now that I have lost 3 stone in weight. I don't part with them because a) the pitance you get on Ebay, b) because I like them and c) the cost of replacements.

From my experience of Ebay it is a lot easier to buy than to sell. Easier to sell at a car boot sale.

Maria

Vickie_CDTV
01-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Of course, if one can make some money (and do it in a cost effective manner of course.) Why would someone throw anything of value away?

Allison Chaynes
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm thinking of the same thing. I listed some stuff here and on Craigslist and didn't get any serious responses. Maybe Ebay would work better?

Heather1129
01-22-2013, 07:50 PM
I sell some of my unwanted stuff on ebay occasionally, not just clothes, but anything I consider salable and worth the effort of doing so. Problem is between ebay and Paypal, they take close to 20% of the selling price, so be prepared for that. They have gotten really greedy the last few years and its gonna get worse before it gets better. I wish there was an alternative. JMHO, YMMV, etc.

Heather

kate473
01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
It takes time and energy to post the items then mail them.

Barbara_Jean
01-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Why not try the "Classifed" listings right here on this forum?

Jenni Yumiko
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
before ebay, maybe classifieds here?
We could use more diverse selection and sizes :-D
Maybe even do a low % to pay for server administration?

darla_g
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
another alternative to purging is finding some battered women's shelter. They would welcome clothing and shoes in larger sizes. You get a more immediate sense of satisfaction knowing that some woman there would be immediately benefiting from your donation

KateSpade83
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I probably now have $50,000 in women's clothes and of course if I felt like purging I'd ebay it or or do some Craigslist but better is to find a wife who'd fit my clothes.

shadowline
01-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi all, interesting thread. I have been selling on ebay since 2005 sold 1500 lingerie items all to males BTW. It was easier in the past, now the rules and fees have made it very hard on the seller. If you have high quality items or vintage you will do well. An alternative is etsy, much lower fees and a strong following. I am loving the idea of a classified tab in the forums, maybe seller could donate a small% to moderators for their effort in keeping the forum going. just a thought