PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it!!!

Gwinnie
01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Last Friday night I was up in town by myself getting dinner and just basically goofing off. So I finished dinner and took a drive over to lane bryant. I went in and it was pretty empty. The girl there asked if she could help cause I must have looked lost. So I started telling her about this blouse I saw online and I wanted to see it in person. She knew exactly what I was talking about. So we walked over and she showed me. It was pretty sheer so she said it should be worn with something under it. I then asked what she would recommend to wear with it. I was hoping the answer would be pencil skirt or something. She said some type of pants. So, then I asked her what size she thought I would wear. She didn't seem phazed a bit and told me.

So I stayed there and talked to her for about a half hour. I didn't have the nerve to get a dressing room. Not just yet. We talked about how I don't like the style of any of the women's clothes that are out there right now. I guess people are depressed so they want to look ugly too. Where are the flirty skirts? The billowing feminine puffy sleeves? Nope. All look like wearing a dirty sack. Anyway, that's my story.

Beverley Sims
01-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Some of the blousy tops look suitable for pregnant women.
Not smart looking at all.

becky77
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Many women in Essex (UK) make an effort and the shops are full of feminine dresses, skirts, blouses etc. Are things so different in the US?

Or are you stuck in an eighties (puffy sleeves) mind set :)

~Joanne~
01-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Many women in Essex (UK) make an effort and the shops are full of feminine dresses, skirts, blouses etc. Are things so different in the US?

I have noticed that women in other countries take better care of themselves and like to dress a lot nicer than the women here. I am not saying all of them, just a really good majority here in my area. When i am out shopping for this or that I find the selection to be horrible. Fashion Bug is going out of business, and save one pencil skirt I saw, the rest of what they were trying to dump was horrible.

While I was there, I found a dress and asked my SO if it would look good on me, her reply was "it wouldn't look good on anyone". That's all I needed to know. Due to budget though, I am not dropping $100 on a blouse either so the high end stores may carry a better selection but the affordable ones don't.

carhill2mn
01-17-2013, 05:04 PM
It is depressing to see how so many women do not care, are too lazy, can't be bothered to look at least half-way decent when they are out in public. IMHO the "casual look" has been accepted in far too many venues.

I Am Paula
01-17-2013, 05:39 PM
It is depressing to see how so many women do not care, are too lazy, can't be bothered to look at least half-way decent when they are out in public. IMHO the "casual look" has been accepted in far too many venues.

You're absolutely right Carole. I went to a theater premier (invites only) recently, and although 80% of the women were dressed to the nines, quite a few came in jeans, and more than a few in leggings and uggs. I thought it was disgraceful, and theater and opera should remain someplace special, to dress up for. What's next, a tube top at a wedding?-Celeste

whowhatwhen
01-17-2013, 05:49 PM

I'm going to dissent, why should a woman dress up to go out for mundane things when men get away with just jeans and a t-shirt?

As for the tube-top wedding, sure.
If I end up getting married it will be a casual affair where suits and overly formal wear would be banned under penalty of wearing a ridiculous costume that I would provide for those not wanting to follow instructions.

Jessica Who
01-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Well, congratulations on the first steps. I know it can be terrifying to head out to a store solo and ask about clothes. Try the dressing room next time, it's so much fun!!

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2013, 06:34 PM

Hi Carol, It reminds me of the People of WAL*MART videos