PDA

View Full Version : I just had the most amazing OMG Moment!!!!

SexyErica
01-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Lets start by saying that a few days ago I told my wife about my desire to go out in public dressed for the first time.up until now it has been an in the bedroom with the door lock thing and when I brought up the idea of taking the next step she was not really into supporting it.basically her first where why do I feel the need to do it.I told her that it is just of who I am and could not explain better than that because to be honestly I do not know myself why.Here is the OMG part I came home from work this morning and she was standing in the kitchen hold a package of mascara in her hand and said to me your going to have to come shopping with me to by the rest of makeup so we can find the right shades.I just about fell on the floor but I managed to stay on my feet and give her a big kiss and said thank you.I think we are for a fun ride.

Theresa_W
01-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Congrats Erica! Make sure you give her some special attention too! (Extra hugs and kisses for a start) Also, I've found it helps to point out things that might look good on her. Have fun! And let us know how it goes!

Terri

Jenniferathome
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
As great as this seems, keep it slow. You've had decades to get used to this. You wife has had days. Don't even bring up t this shopping trip again. Let her. All may be great in her mind, but no one knows but her. Talking, rather than doing, is the best thing right now. You can ask her if she is really on with this shopping. Even "why" is she ok. I'm really happy for you. But, be cautious.

Jennifer Marie P.
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Thats great EWrica its always helpful when a woman helps out.

Janelle_C
01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
That's so great that your wife is so supportive. If you want to understand your feelings I would suggest you find a gender therapist. Just remember to enjoy the ride.

~Joanne~
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
That is great! Thank you for sharing :D The shopping trip is going to be a bit scary but I am sure you'll make it through it. A piece of advice, take your time. Matching shades isn't as easy as it sounds and you'll waste a lot of money on products that won't work for you. If Your wife is up to it, maybe you should try an ULTA or MAC. They will be able to match you perfectly to a product but will be a bit more expensive but you'll spend less than getting the wrong shades. Good Luck and keep us up to date!

Julie Denier
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Fantastic! Good luck and have fun ;)

Beverley Sims
01-17-2013, 12:54 PM
I cannot reflect or enforce the sentiments that Jennifer has outlined.
Don't go overboard, get giggly and girly.
Stay reasonably straight laced about it all and do what your wife would like you to do.
Try doing it all in moderation and you should get over the surprise hurdle.