PDA

View Full Version : Moving forward No more leg hair!

Janelle_C
01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
I was taking a hot bubble bath and thinking about how much I want to save my legs. Then I started to think about all the fears of saving, going to the gym, what if some one I know finds out:eek:. Then I thought so what, when I got my ears pierced the world didn't end. I not sure what I will say if someone asks me that question that keeps me from doing things I want to do WHY. But I did it any way I saved all the hair of my legs, and it took a more time then I thought it would. But when I was done they were nice and smooth. When I first looked at then I thought now I know how a plucked chicken feels like. But I do love the way they look and feel. I did make the mistake of after saving the hairs I missed with a dry razor my legs did not like that, but I put a little lotion on them and they felt a little better. Today day they feel fine. It's crazy the mind games we play. This is a big step for me, I'm moving forward at this point in my life I don't want to take any steps backwards. This site and all of you have been such a inspiration to me, that has given me strength and courage. It's my life sometime that's hard for me to remember that.
Hugs Janelle

Kate Simmons
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I was on hiatus from dressing for a bit and even when I started again I was loath to shave my leg hair again plus my GF enjoyed it. I shaved to look good to perform in the Christmas show at the club and have kept doing it since. Surprisingly, my GF is okay with that as well. Works for me.:)

Beverley Sims
01-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Not having had leg hair for years and no one has ever commented on it I am unable to see the hiatus caused by removing it.

Sharon B.
01-17-2013, 02:21 PM
I haven't had any leg, chest or under arm hair for the last eight years. Now if I could find the courage to get my nails done and ears pierced I think I was in heaven.

Jodi Anne
01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
The gym I go to about 20% of the males shave, chest & legs so it is not that uncommon. If someone ask you about them just ask "do you like them"
And also there is no such thing as no more leg hair for most of us.It is our nightmare.

Emjay
01-17-2013, 10:46 PM
I've been shaving for quite a while too, along with having my upper body and eyebrows waxed. I go to the gym 3 to 4 days a week, I wear shorts and have NEVER had anyone even give a second look. I've never had anyone ask but if they were to my answer will be that I just like it better that way! Really it's not so terribly uncommon anymore anyway. Enjoy your new look! Life is way too short not to live it how you want to!

belladonna
01-18-2013, 05:39 AM
I've shaved my legs a few times, though it was Halloween so I disguised my CD has a humorous anticdote and I work out 5-6 days a week and no one noticed. Honestly I think I got more lustful looks from women. Even a date, though on the date I said I passed out drunk and friends shaved me.
Also a lot of gym rats shave all body hair so as to make their muscle "pop" so you could always play it off as that.

veronica66
01-18-2013, 07:56 AM
I have kept my legs shaved for the past 10 years. I used to let the hair grow in the summer but now keep them shaved. Actually my body is hair free from the neck down. I am now getting laser on my legs. However I still feel self conscious about it. I don't wear shorts around my family or co-workers. I feel self conscious sometimes at the gym. For some reason I feel totally comfortable around women. I would feel totally at ease if I was in a room full of women while wearing shorts. But with men it feels awkward. When I wear my small bikini at the beach or pool I feel at ease when women are looking but not so when there are men present.

allesha10
01-18-2013, 08:10 AM
How do you get rid of the upper body hair without irritation?

veronica66
01-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Laser did it for me. My biggest problem was my pubic area, abs, and chest. After the laser I had no more irritation or ingrown hairs

BLUE ORCHID
01-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Hi Janelle, Now that you are hair free get yourself an Eppilator and stay smooth.

tanya_m
01-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Even though my wife knows nothing about my crossdressing I sometimes shave or epilate my legs. And even to her that is not strange, it just is more clean and looks good.
As you said it takes a lot of time and I do it rarely. But as I said my wife doesn't know so I don't want suspicion by taking that good care about my legs.

pink.switch.love
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I started shaving my whole body about a year ago. I spend tons of time on the beach... and nobody cares. Pierced my ears... and nobody cares. Polish my toes with color [winter - clear in summer] and my fingers with clear or subtle iridescent sparkles fulltime... and nobody cares. A little bit of eyeliner in public... nobody cares. (I do tend to look in the eye more when i have eyeliner on)

I let my colorful toes be exposed in the house in front of the kids and they don't seem to care.

If anybody has anything to say about [negative] what you like they're probably not worth it or they are ignorant. If it is something you want to express - just do it.

My female domestic partner is super supportive and actually gets a little irritated if my legs/arms/body/face aren't shaved. There is something to be said about how it feels to rub two pairs of shaved legs together after all... :battingeyelashes:

Janelle_C
01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Hi Janelle, Now that you are hair free get yourself an Eppilator and stay smooth.
I have a small that us on my hands and my arms and I have been thinking of getting a bigger one for my legs.
I shaved on Wednesday an d on Thursday I went to the gym. I stretched and ran lighted and ran some more and not even one person noticed. I thought okay when I go in the hot tub someone will say something no, okay when I go in the sauna and put my legs up in the bench someone will say something not a word. And I went to all that trouble and not even one whistle. lol

Jacqueline Winona
01-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Congrts, Janelle! You really are overcoming a lot of fears, and I'm proud to be your friend. :hugs:

Leah Lynn
01-18-2013, 11:57 PM
I shave the entire body (plan to get an epilator soon). I was discussing this in the shop with a new guy who manscapes. The other guys looked at us wierd to begin with, then most thought it sounded like a good idea. No one needs to know the real reason why I do it.

Leah

DanielleO
01-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Been doing a lot of research on the subject and looks like the Emjoi eMagine Rechargeable with 72 Tweezers, AP-18R EPIL system will be my weapon of choice in the war on follicles ...

Jari
01-19-2013, 04:15 AM
Going to do mine today! Mind you its -6 degrees out there so its going to be chilly. Summer time I let it grow back, too self concious although ironically probably feels nicest then :-)

andrea lace
01-19-2013, 05:07 AM
I have been toying with the idea of shaving mine for weeks now as of yet I haven't as we have two teen age kids in the house and we dont want them to know about my dressing.I m so tempted by the idea though.

katlee
01-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Thought about shaving my legs, but SO prefers my legs hairy, so hairy they stay...

pink.switch.love
01-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Thought about shaving my legs, but SO prefers my legs hairy, so hairy they stay...

And that's you in your profile pic?

SexyErica
01-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Just did a complete shave last night.I have shaved my legs in the winter before but not my complete body.It had been almost a year since the last time I had forgotten how wonder full it feels. I don't think I could ever pull off shaving in the summer because I work outdoors in shorts in the family business with my brothers and old man.

katlee
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Mentally sometimes, but not physically :)

Julie Gaum
01-19-2013, 04:03 PM
In 1940 one of my schoolmates was on the swimming team and took that sport seriousluy through college. All swimmers shave their legs and most everything else. It wasn't a big deal but made sense. Still true today. So if any one asks --- you like to swim as fast as you are able.
End of explanation.
Julie

JUSTME
01-19-2013, 08:47 PM
I have been free for more than two months now. I have been shopping, picked up the kids at school, and working out, and not one person other than my wife has ever asked me about my legs, and I doubt many have even noticed.

LaraPeterson
01-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey Shy, wait until that razor starts moving north. Eventually, you'll probably shave everything. When I started shaving all over it quickly became an obsession. I couldn't stand the feeling of hair anymore. Then it became familiar and with time mundane. Now I shave without even thinking about it. I don't bleed like a skinned animal anymore, I don't get skin irritation, and I don't ever want hair on my body anywhere, again.

Enjoy your newfound ecstasy and expand as you can. BTW, I'm a gym rat, too, and nobody even gives me a second look (unless their doing it behind my back) except for the occasional "man, you have nice legs."

Rebecca W.
01-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Hi Shy Girl.
I'm with Lara on the act of shaving. To me it has become a normal task of getting ready everyday. It used to be a big deal for me to shave off all of the coarse leg hair and then feel the smoothness of the legs!

I too have migrated to the north,as Lara says and I can never go back to having all of that nasty coarse hair between my legs. To me it is just a personal grooming choice and I look and feel better with it all removed. The added benefit of all that work is a nice smooth feeling when the pantyhose is pulled on, and that feeling never changes!
Nothing beats a pair of freshly shaven legs. Be yourself and enjoy the freedom from the nasty hair.

rachel_rachel
01-20-2013, 06:26 AM
I haven't had any leg, chest or under arm hair for the last eight years. Now if I could find the courage to get my nails done and ears pierced I think I was in heaven.

I'm exaclty the same.. I started shaving when my eldest who is nearly 8 started pulling my chest hairs when he was a baby.. The Dr. asked me why and i told him the truth, he replied with a laugh.... My parents replied with a roll of the eyes and a groan. I do get asked about my legs on a regular basis, and i have both my ears peirced.. I even had a second one in my left ear but it rejected. I just tell people to get knotted now.

JUSTME
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
My sister was over this weekend and noticed my legs. Mainly because of some scabs I had on my knee. (That is another story :). I got the standard, "Do you shave your legs!!" question. I answered, "Yep, it feels great and is way cooler." My brother-in-law responded with a surprising, "all the body builders do too." That was the end of it.

Gloria Vanessa
01-22-2013, 01:00 PM
nices legs rebecca

Pat1964
01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
I just told people who asked that I had a lot of ingrown hair and it was the easiest way to fix it.

Jasmine

Gloria Vanessa
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
shave my legs and most everything else .how wonder full it feels.

Ariamythe
01-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Just chiming into the chorus: I just started shaving recently, and so far I love it. It's easier in winter, when it's all long pants and socks. I haven't yet decided what I'll do when the weather's warmer ...

cathie pantyhose
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
I've removed my body hair now for years and couldn't imagine it there any more. I'm not sure it would grow back fully anyway as I've been using an epil for at least 6-7 years now. I know its thinned out on my legs quite a bit. Started doing my arms every other week in the last year and love it as well. I don't worry what other people think but again I'm an avid cyclist living in Boulder Co where most cyclist remove their leg hair anyway so no one cares.

JUSTME
01-24-2013, 07:32 AM
I will be transitioning to the epilator next week. Shaving is nice, but costly when you burn a fusion blade per week. LOL... It will be my first time, I'm a little nervous..

SallyS
01-24-2013, 08:00 AM
My kids haven't even noticed that I am hair free on my body....not that I'm a naturally hairy type, thank heavens:)

Just feels clean and nice to have smooth legs.

Kat42
01-25-2013, 01:23 AM
I shaved me legs for the first time in a half-century on Dec 23rd of last year, when our desert temps finally dropped from "shorts" to "sweat pants" weather. Felt great, though not the mind blowing "nylons on freshly shaved legs is phenom" I'd expected. Oh well... another victim of over expectation... Still it felt good and I loved that the "stay ups" stayed up!

I'd keep it up except for two factors... one is the offspring unit is at puberty and doesn't need any gender confusion cues from me like my pasty white sans hair legs (let him find his own way). The 2nd is our evening fencing (saber) classes. I'm into it for the exercise. But the class is also populated with some phenomenal athletes at the late teen age that would notice and comment (talk behind my back) on the bare legs.

The 2nd I only care about how it might affect the offspring unit's relation with the group. (He noticed my glowing nails shortly after I started using "nail hardner" (clear nail polish) so I don't want to impose any bias. Still I am figuring on hair 8-10 weeks recovery time for the 9-10 month "shorts" season. I'm noticing at the 5wk point, his leg hair is significantly longer than mine. ruh-roh!

Three more boxes to check: (want)
Pierce ears (Love to try danglies but I see no point in hoops) [the head fencing coach has diamonds in both ears!]
Wig(s)
Makeup [lots to learn there!]

Roberta_C
01-26-2013, 09:20 PM
I've been shaving my legs for a few years now. As I mostly wear miniskirts smooth shaved legs look so much better. Plus I love the feeling of smooth legs! There's nothing like it! :-) So for me there's no argument - smooth and sexy is the way to go!! ;-)

Stevie
01-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Little by little I have been removing my leg hair. I tried shaving once and loved the look and feel but hate the growing out process. It was very itchy. Today I use other products to remove my leg hair.

Starr
01-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Like many of you here, i have shaved my legs for so long i don't even remember now.. new job last year, in the summer i worn shorts, shaved legs showing nicely.. i also started shaving my arms.. so now all my body is hairless.. the other thing i started polishing my nails with a clear polish.. and had my long hair cut with bangs in a fem style.. i also wear it in a high girls style ponytail at work.. no one said anyting.. then last month i had my hair stylist thin my eyebrows in a more fem, thin and arch then we had been doing.. again no one said anything.. now i know those i work with wonder, or they have made up their mind but no one gives me any grief or says anything to me.. everyone is always friendly and helpful... next will be ears piecred.. not sure if i want both to start, or to start with two holes in one.. and then do two in the other a little later.. will have to think on that.. and after that.. laser on the beard?? will have to see