PDA

View Full Version : The Panty Tree

Bree Wagner
01-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Does that grab your attention a bit?

I finally got my first real day of skiing in this year and had a great time even if it wasn't en femme. If they didn't have that little scanner that brings up your name and picture... Maybe I could change on top of the mountain. Anyways, I'm off the title topic.

Most ski resorts seem to have a tree (or multiple trees) where people throw beads and lingerie into it from the chairlift. I've seen some nice stuff in those trees! Legend has it that it's a way of proving one's 'conquests' from the previous night. Now it seems to be just for fun, but you never know.

The dark part of my mind sees a CD who can't get their own things reaching with a ski pole from the chairlift hoping to snag something. Could you imagine the headline if they fell?

Anyone ever contributed to a Panty Tree? Would you?

For why you should bring your Panty 'A Game' to the tree see http://thesheetnews.com/archives/612

Another take: http://www.skinet.com/skiing/fondue-party/ski-culture/2009/01/ode-to-the-panty-tree

Leah Lynn
01-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Remind me to stop by the dollar store before I go. Damned if I'm throwing a $50 bra away!

Leah

darla_g
01-19-2013, 12:26 AM
i have seen that in a couple of places! where was your pic from?

Leah Lynn
01-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Come to think of it, I was in a bar a couple years ago that had lots of deer mounts on the walls. All the antlers were draped with bras.

Leah

Keri L
01-19-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm with Leah on this one, as my last bra from VS was $40 (but worth every penny)!

Bree Wagner
01-19-2013, 12:57 AM
i have seen that in a couple of places! where was your pic from?

I stole the pic from one of the articles I linked to. It's from Mammoth Mountain. I was at Keystone today and the trees weren't nearly that festooned and my phone camera is awful. I've seen them at Vail as well.

Danielle_cder
01-19-2013, 02:29 AM
yep rode chair 5 past that tree many a time....i stared down sooo many of those bras, pantys, garters, think there was even a p**s pump too;) vails ole panty tree was something to be marveled at, it ended up being multiple trees. With the new high speed quad the line was recut and the trees were cut....vail just making sure their image is perfect.

Beverley Sims
01-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Skiing seems late again this year even with the early snow in Nov.
I think I would try and hook something from the bottom of the tree unless you are talking about those big fir trees. Another way is to take a fishing pole with you and if you are like me nobody wants to ride with me.
As for the scanners with goggles and all you don't get recognized unless you interact with the attendants like I do. I am too sociable for my own health sometimes. I do prefer to ski en femme in an unfamiliar environment.

CassandraSmith
01-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Remind me to stop by the dollar store before I go. Damned if I'm throwing a $50 bra away!

Leah

You got that right girlfriend!

FrozenShiela
01-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I remember seeing one of those in a show I was watching, I never knew that this kind of thing actually happens!