PDA

View Full Version : On a promise

Maria S
01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
I have begged my wife for us to go out with me dressed. It's not the same going round shops with me in male mode. She has finally said that if I can get a job she will come out with me. Don't know how I feel about this as I know how hard it is to find a job.

Maria

lingerieLiz
01-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Does she feels that you aren't trying hard enough? Are you spending time dressing up when you could be prospecting for a job?

Bo-peep
01-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Be positive: its an exciting reward .... and though jobs are hard to find, think how wonderful it will be to haqve some money to spend when you DO go out dressed :)

RADER
01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
In the US, McDonald's is hiring, There is a help wanted sign at the one near me.
Good Luck.
Rader

GaleWarning
01-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Any job is better than no job. Try merchandising, driving cabs, selling insurance ...

~Joanne~
01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
I have to agree, While finding a job in today's time is getting harder with each passing day, it should be your top priority. That or winning the lottery ;) Think outside your box and find anything that you can possibly do and apply for it. I have noticed that when I am working for someone, many other prospects become open. Working at a low wage job isn't a goal of anyone but it doesn't have to be permanent either. These companies have no loyalty to you, you shouldn't have any to them. Your an ends to a means and they should be the same. Besides, shopping is more fun when you have some money to do it with ;)

Being Paige
01-19-2013, 03:32 PM
I to am trying to find a job! no promises from the wife to go out though.

andrea lace
01-19-2013, 03:34 PM
I haven't had a job since 2003 my life is spent dressing up and dressing down since then. My wife works and earns the money in our household. Its not by choice but the way things have worked out. I do love her and it was a shock when i lost my job. Now I am a lowly house husband and thats just the way I like it. if your wife needs you to get a job just tell her about this thread and we are all equal in this world. Or that if you do get a job your first paycheck is going on stockings and suspenders.

dana 1
01-19-2013, 03:34 PM
A comment like that from your wife should most certainly motivate you to find a job any job

Angela Campbell
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Sounds like you not working is not making her happy at the moment.

Maria S
01-19-2013, 04:00 PM
I haven't had a job since 2003 my life is spent dressing up and dressing down since then. My wife works and earns the money in our household. Its not by choice but the way things have worked out. I do love her and it was a shock when i lost my job. Now I am a lowly house husband and thats just the way I like it. if your wife needs you to get a job just tell her about this thread and we are all equal in this world. Or that if you do get a job your first paycheck is going on stockings and suspenders.

Sounds like you and I are in a similar situation. I would happily stay at home but my wife's wages do not cover the bills.

Maria S
01-19-2013, 04:06 PM
In the US, McDonald's is hiring, There is a help wanted sign at the one near me.
Good Luck.
Rader

Thank you but not sure how many thousand miles it is from Sheppey to Illnois. It is hard over here to even get a McDonalds job

Maria

Jenni Yumiko
01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Finances can put a huge strain in a relationship. Unless its a mutually consented thing, an unemployed member of the family, ESP, long term can be really trying on the worker. If you get a job I'm sure it will put a little more ease on the relationship.
Speaking from experience, my ex hated coming home (I was still in school at that) after she busted her ass all day to me lounging around reading.
//opinions after this point are generalized and not a reflection of you as a person just my whole outlook on responsibility as a whole, while harsh, no offense is intended.
Also, I think if your only reason to try harder to get a job is so you can go out shopping is kinda a crappy way at looking at it. You should want to have a job and career for a sense of pride, a cooperative and mutual relationship, your own accomplishment and self worth, sitting at home all day making the other do everything (providing it is not consensual) while your main concern is going out dressed is pretty selfish on your part.

//Mods - if you feel this is out of frame for this forum, I apologize and understand any deletions, locks or bans. :-)

Julie Gaum
01-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Job opportunities in the US are slowly increasing. Self-opportunities, i.e., creating a job, finding a need and then filling it has always been out there but it takes time, sweat and often --- thinking outside the box. Giving up is not acceptable to your self and to your wife! Knocking on doors to get a foot in that door; then climb the financial ladder in that company or in another. Sitting home reading the want ads doesn't
fulfill your responsibilities for most jobs available are not in the want ads! Been there, done that. Even being a telemarketer at home brings in some monies so that you can contribute part of your share TEMPORARILY. You are a CD with wife working while you endulge --- wake up before you go into the abyss!
Julie

ChelseaEcho
01-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Something else to consider too is to do volunteer work. That's actually how I landed my previous job. I just met people helping out at the animal shelter and volunteering to knock on doors for our local Congress critter a few elections ago. The second even lead to a temporary position getting paid to organize others knocking on doors this past election. Unfortunately, after that, the well has been dry. Everyone I know is sort of in the same boat, so it's back to what worked last time -- getting out of the house, volunteering, and meeting people.

It's good for you anyway. It's my major tool in battling depression.

Leann68
01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
I have owned my own Business for 43 years. We employ around 35 people, I have interviewed many people over the years. I see a big difference between someone who just comes in to apply for a job, and someone who really desires to work. When I see that true desire to work they get hired if I have any openings at all.

Beverley Sims
01-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Maria,
When the snow stops, go find a job then progress to step two.

DanaR
01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Your wife put out the carrot, now find a job to get the reward. Good luck finding a job, it will be worth it.