PDA

View Full Version : Night Out

DonnaT
12-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Well girls, I had my second night out with a group of T-girls.

The local TG support group has an annual Holiday Gala and although I'm not a member of the group, the party is open to all.

I had a really good time. I got reacquainted with some of the girls I met last year, and met a few new girls.

My wife was more relaxed this year, and she kept commenting on how pretty some of the girls were, and some had her wondering if they were RGs or CDs. The whole idea of getting my wife to such parties was for her to feel more relaxed around other CDs. It's working :D

I've put up a couple of pictures.

I tried some press-on nails for the first time. I spent part of Friday and Saturday morning putting a few coats of polish and a top coat on them, so they would match my toe nails. But you could hardly see my toe nails so it wouldn't have mattered other than the color went with my red beaded jacket. None of the nails came loose, but they almost did, and I kept fidgeting with them to keep them pressed on. My own nails looked bad enough from doing some shingling so went with the press-ons.

The dress was black velvet, and I purchased it a few years ago when Kmart was closing some of it's stores. This was the first chance I had to wear it, however. And my wife wants me to clean my closet. Ha! ;)

The three strand pearl necklace I wore was made by my wife.

My jaw was hurting Sunday morning from all the smiling last night, not so's you'd notice from the pictures.

DanaJ
12-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey Donna - you look great there! Thanks for sharing the pix - love the pearls! :thumbsup:

Stephanie Brooks
12-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Hi DonnaT!

Great photos and great story. Glad it went well, and glad your wife is becoming more comfortable with CDs. Congratulations!!! ^_^

Love the earrings too!!!! Were you supposed to be changing them so soon? :p

Sarahgurl371
12-05-2005, 10:10 AM
DonnaT,
I am glad you had such an enjoyable evening. One of my dreams for sure is to be out with my wife at such a festive time of year, with people who accept us. God Bless.

DonnaT
12-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks ladies.

No Stephanie, I wasn't supposed to, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, sometimes. The danglies weren't heavy, so there was no worry about tearing the hole, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The holes, not having sufficient time to heal, were hard to match up when passing the stud through the ear lobe. Heck I had my wife do it for me, and it was hard for her.

sherri
12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
None of the nails came loose, but they almost did, and I kept fidgeting with them to keep them pressed on.

You look fabulous Donna. You really do. Love that hair and necklace, but everything looks great.

About the press-on nails staying on: before putting mine on, I scrub my real nails with nail polish remover and a makeup pad or kleenex. Then as I put each nail on, I hold it in place pressing firmly for several seconds. Works like a charm. I use Kiss brand pre-glued press-ons. I never get to keep mine on very long, but I think they'd last several days.

If your nails are wide and flat, I've noticed that some brands have come out with a style just for that problem.

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
As for nails, you can always do what I did and that is get real arcylic nails. No one has noticed or said anything and at one time they were almost 3/4 inch long before I got them trimmed down a tad. Then all you have to do is polish them.

Wendy me
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Donna veary nice getting out and your wifes getting more comfy with cds....love the pics..........

paulaN
12-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I'd love to have a place like that to go too but everything is so far away. I am so glad that you and your wife esp. her had a good time. keep on girlen.

Julie York
12-05-2005, 06:12 PM
You're a star Donna because you are REAL!

I am pleased for you. Toe nails to match! LOL You are a star!

TGMarla
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Donna, you look lovely in the pics. I, too, love the pearls. Looks like you had a wonderful time, all dressed up to the 9's. Way too cool!

CharleneCD
12-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Donna I am so happy that your wife is becoming more accepting and that you both had a great time. Keep it up:thumbsup: .

ronni
12-05-2005, 08:38 PM
You do look really, really nice, Donna!

Laurie Ann
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Donna you look nice and I'm glad you had a fun time.

Phoebe Reece
12-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Good going Donna! You look so good in the photos. It's easy to see you had a good time.

Holiday parties are great for getting some of the GG's to participate in the support groups. About a third of the folks attending our Tri-Ess chapter's holiday party last weekend were GG's. It definitely helps in gaining their acceptance.