PDA

View Full Version : Not trying to pass. Is it just me?

abby21
01-20-2013, 06:15 AM
I'v come to the realization that I love to wear girls clothes but I don't do it becuase I wanna look like a female, I just like the feel of girls clothes, they are comfortable. Is it just me that feels this way?

SarahMarie42
01-20-2013, 06:17 AM
I certainly feel a need to look like a woman, but there are plenty of people who dress simply because they like the feel of girls' clothes. As long as you enjoy yourself, right? :]

Rita C.
01-20-2013, 07:03 AM
i dress trying to pass as close as i can, but if i dont that is not a problem for me. if other people have a problem thay need to move on, for im doing this for me not them

Jenni Yumiko
01-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Agree, the clothes are fun, ESP the underclothes. Makeup and such is a lot of work, I did mess around with it yesterday, but its messy n gets all over your sheets!

Beverley Sims
01-20-2013, 07:20 AM
If you are posting on this forum you are talking to the converted.
Just about all of us want to dress like a woman and most of the rest of us want to pass as well.
Welcome to the forum, Abby.

Angela Campbell
01-20-2013, 07:45 AM
I know quite a few who like to dress just because they like the clothes, and they are happy with that. No need to worry over something you like, or the reasons you like it. There is a very broad spectrum, some like to look like a woman but do not act like one at all. I'm talking about mannerisms like walking, sitting and such. Some like to look androngenous, some just like the underclothes, and some want to appear as fem as possible in every way. Some start with some of this and eventually move toward more and more. Whatever stage you are in you are not alone.

Kate's at home
01-20-2013, 09:11 AM
I've been a realist about passing since I've accepted this part of who I am. I'm too tall and have had way too many years of testosterone pulsing through me to ever really pass, probably even with the help of the best stylists and make up artists in Hollywood. Yes, there are days when I wish I could go out dressed and fully pass, shopping, having dinner, whatever...but I would be embarrassed, not by dressing, but the quality of the transformation that I could manage, so I don't even consider that as an option.

In a current related thread about laziness, I'm also way too busy with a range of activities to have the time to even consider what it would take to even remotely pass in public. So instead, I dress, usually rather simply but fully, when at home and even then I'm frequently busy with all manner of indoor chores, and that's after work and all the outdoor (lawn/outside house/cars) chores are done. By the time I get inside and can change, dressing is such a relief and a slowing down, that it is a relief, and I'm usually so tired from everything else that passing is about the last thing on my mind by then.

And, there are days when I wish I were 5'6", 100 lbs, a perfect size 6, much younger, and have the time to really work at passing and going out and having fun...

Kate

Rabecca
01-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Not to worry, en joy, could be you don't have enough time to stay dressed

Kate Simmons
01-20-2013, 10:25 AM
I dunno, sometimes the feelings seem to naturally "cross over" and complement each other though.:battingeyelashes::)

Jenniferathome
01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
I was that way for years. Just dressing. But, over time, I experimented with makeup. Eventually I bought a wig because I knew I wanted to both get out and "pass." It took some time, but once I told my wife, I wanted to get out more regularly. buying breast forms somehow made the last big change. You may stay the way you are or you may progress to more. Either way, don't sweat it. Have fun.

GaleWarning
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Relax! I, like you, am not concerned about passing. I just like to wear women's clothes!

KimberlyJean
01-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Like Jennifer mine was progressive, 10 years ago I had no interest in makeup or purses I just wanted to dress. Now that I have learned to do my makeup and have been out without any problems I really like presenting as a woman. For me now it is the total package that makes me feel content.

docrobbysherry
01-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I dress for reasons the opposite of yours, Abby. I find women's things to be tite, restraining, and posture and gait changing. Altho I try to appear as fem as possible, passing is out of the question for me! I find the entire process stimulating, exciting, and fun! Just the opposite of comfortable and relaxing!

However, rest assured there r VERY MANY OTHERS HERE that dress for exactly the reasons u do! Welcome aboard!

Jenniferathome
01-20-2013, 11:20 AM
...Makeup and such is a lot of work, ..., but its messy n gets all over your sheets!

I think your doing something wrong. You use brushes to apply makeup, not sheets;-) Seriously, you can't sleep in your makeup. No woman would.

k lynn
01-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Relax! I, like you, am not concerned about passing. I just like to wear women's clothes!

Lke Ihave said before just like wearing a bra panties and ladys jeans wear them everyday have for 40 years now not into dresses makeup and stuff I could not pass ever just being me

Karren H
01-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I do it because I have to and not because I necessarily want to.... and if someone mistakes me for female.... that's fine... if not that's fine too....

Ame Anderson
01-20-2013, 03:35 PM
I like women's clothes, on women and on me. I wonder why so many women don't wear better clothes, or do their make-up, or hair, or nails, or whatever. Then I try to wear dresses and fix my hair and make up without messing up my nails in a reasonable amount of time. I have been and always will be in awe of my wife, daughter, sister, mother, aunt, cousin, girl I saw on the way to work, to be honest any woman or CD who is trying to look feminine. I look too much like a linebacker to ever pass as a woman but I do so love the feel of a skirt on my legs.

andrea lace
01-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I have tried to and mostly unsuccessfully tried to imitate a woman. Not only am I new to this forum and cross dressing as a whole I am distinctively bad at it also.Yes i love the clothes and adore the underwear but when I put on the make up I look like a dogs dinner. Not that I mind by the way as its not how I look that matters to me it has and always will be how I feel. Its the journey that matters most and not the destination.

JBPerry
01-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Although I have my wife do my makeup, have her do my nails and I have a closet full of womens clothes.....I could care less if I pass. There are very few times I want to pass and that is when I go home and I have a GDO (Girls' Day Out)

suchacutie
01-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Since Tina surfaced in our lives only 7 years ago (I was 55, then), it has been a wild ride with constantly changing objectives. At first it was just a questioning of who this Tina person was so it was only clothes and heels. In the process of understanding that girls learn to be girls over that first 2 decades of their lives, my wife started to show Tina what that was all about and suddenly every time that Tina arrived there was a new lesson in makeup. Then she needed hair, and then clothes just didn't fit correctly without breasts. Then it was deportment, voice, and use of language.

We are all different and our own paths can't be pre-determined, nor even laced with expectations. It really is a unique adventure for all of us and that is part of the fun!

Have fun!

Ressie
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I started dabbling with makeup and wigs long ago, but the clothes have that feel. It's a work in progress as they say.

Brenn
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm with you abby. I just like the clothes.

CassandraSmith
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
I'v come to the realization that I love to wear girls clothes but I don't do it because I wanna look like a female, I just like the feel of girls clothes, they are comfortable. Is it just me that feels this way?

I felt that way for a long time. I think I finally just started getting competitive or something lately. I suspect hanging out here is going to make that worse for me (in a good way)!

Jenni Yumiko
01-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I think your doing something wrong. You use brushes to apply makeup, not sheets;-) Seriously, you can't sleep in your makeup. No woman would.

I was laying on the bed with a makeup mirror and now I have little specks of makeup all over the bed :-( hope I can Shout it out!

SarahMarie42
01-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I was laying on the bed with a makeup mirror and now I have little specks of makeup all over the bed :-( hope I can Shout it out!

Ha! For me it's always the eye and lip pencils x[

I always end up leaving them on my bed negligently and I usually roll over them on accident and smear a small, small amount of eyeliner on my sheets. Gah.

I never get anything else on my bed, I'm very prim, proper, and cautious when applying my powder and my rouge n.n

Lynn Marie
01-20-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure we all started dressing because of the feel of the lingerie, then the heels, then the skirts and tops, and finally the makeup and hair. It's a progression that not everybody completes. Like any hobby, people stop progressing all along the line. There are those of us who have a real mastery of the art, and those of us who never get past lingerie underdressing.

Me? I'm just trying to be able to take a decent picture of an old lady with a classy wardrobe once in awhile!

Ame Anderson
01-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure we all started dressing because of the feel of the lingerie, then the heels, then the skirts and tops, and finally the makeup and hair. It's a progression that not everybody completes. Like any hobby, people stop progressing all along the line. There are those of us who have a real mastery of the art, and those of us who never get past lingerie underdressing.

Me? I'm just trying to be able to take a decent picture of an old lady with a classy wardrobe once in awhile!Well said. Well said

JadeEmber
01-20-2013, 08:54 PM
You're not alone. There's a wide variety. For example, unlike almost everyone here (I suspect), I usually have a beard. There's no pressure to keep it; I can and do shave it whenever I feel like it. To some degree, I suspect I like the conflict between the two aspects, and find the combination of things interesting.

Also, perhaps in keeping, I don't wear anything uncomfortable, which differs from some people. If it's not comfy, it's out!

I also adopt mix different modes of behavior. That isn't so much deliberate on my part, it's just always been that way.

What will happen in the future? I have no idea where it will go. I think that it is less common perhaps to do this with the more talkative members of the community, but I certainly hear from people with alternate views. Recently, on reddit/r/crossdressing, someone posted a thread about how all the things they loved were typical "man things" like football, grilling, etc., they just liked to do them wearing a dress, because screw convention. It's a diverse group of people really.

abby21
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
I agree with some that posted in here that they especially like that underclothes. I love to wear a bra I think for 2 reasons 1. becuase I just like the sqeeze that is imposed and 2. becuase i changes my postures and I think the change is for the better. I'v had a friend of mine do my make-up once just for the heck of it but i think it just takes too long to put on and take off. Also thank you all who welcomed me to this forum.

LaraPeterson
01-21-2013, 12:18 AM
This is one of the things that continues to confuse me--but it's not all that hard to do. I've been dressing for a good long time; I've been going out dressed for several years; I've gone out feeling, acting, and hopefully looking like a woman for a while; and I've had the wonderful company of a few good men on several occasions.

I just find it hard to. . .not believe. . .understand, why a guy would want to put on women's clothes "just for the feel of it." I'm certainly not saying it's wrong nor am I judging the wearers, I just don't get it. By the same token, those very people probably don't understand why a guy would want to actually "be" a woman.

Maybe we are all just a bit confused, a little irrational, and more than a little weird. But, WE ARE ALL CERTAINLY HAVING FUN, AREN'T WE.

Jenni Yumiko
01-21-2013, 12:39 AM
I think at least for me fully dressed up goes back to self love, I like how I look in a skin tight dress, some setzy, silkie underwear, the feeling of your nylons when they rub together. It's a definite turn on! Going out dressed up does absolutely nothing for that "fantasy". makeup doesn't really move me because its time consuming, and the end doesn't justify the means.

Gillian Gigs
01-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Not trying to pass. Is it just me?
I don't know about you, but I am beyond studying and attempting to pass any test. I just want to enjoy myself, whether it be lingerie, or adding a skirt and blouse. Isn't this supposed to be fun, and that is why we do did? Find your fun level and go with it!

sometimes_miss
01-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Comfortable feeling, or comfortable to wear because they are 'girl clothes'. For me, it's the latter. There are plenty of mens clothes that are very comfortable, so if you're trying to convince yourself that it's only because of the sensation of the fabric, you might want to reconsider your thoughts as to why you're wearing female clothing.

Brenn
01-21-2013, 09:57 AM

Me? I'm just trying to be able to take a decent picture of an old lady with a classy wardrobe once in awhile!

Hmmm. So you are saying those who don't try to pass have just not completed the process? I don't think that is the case.

I used to dress fully and could actually pass quite well. After a while I just realized it was just the freedom to wear what I want that mattered.

It is not a matter completing some process and that those who "pass" have graduated. It is that we are all unique beings and each have a different set of criteria for what makes us complete.

PaulaDallas
01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I learned long ago that I make one seriously ugly woman. Gave up trying to pass, but don't miss it. The thrill is underdressing 24/7 and wearing femme clothes at home.

JenniferMBlack
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I dress because I like the clothes and not to pass or look /be a girl. Been there tried that don't really care for it.

Stevie
01-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I too share your feelings. I love the way the clothes feel on me. The colors the options can be endless.

wilt575
01-23-2013, 12:49 AM
I'v come to the realization that I love to wear girls clothes but I don't do it becuase I wanna look like a female, I just like the feel of girls clothes, they are comfortable. Is it just me that feels this way?

No it not just you but thing can become progressive if it does just enjoy it, don't fight it. I started the same way with girls underwear and moved on to girls outer clothes felt normal and comfortable, no feeling of any thing wrong. Met a wonderfull girl and married her accepted my clothing choice and encouraged me to be myself. After five years with her approval decided to progress to become more female, then came next step, already had naturally wide fem hips and curvy girl booty. We agreed I needed breast implants, got them never looked back or felt it was mistake and have no regrets. Just feel it was natural progression, nature taking her course. That was twenty years ago.

Cam
01-23-2013, 12:56 AM
I know the feeling. I am a 46 year old bald man with a beard. I love the feel of panties and Love to wear skirts and feel pretty. I couldn't pass as female if i wanted to. I dress the way I do because I like myself and am comfortable with who I am. I am just lucky enough to have a wife who accepts and loves me for who I am.

abby21
01-23-2013, 01:33 AM
I know the feeling. I am a 46 year old bald man with a beard. I love the feel of panties and Love to wear skirts and feel pretty. I couldn't pass as female if i wanted to. I dress the way I do because I like myself and am comfortable with who I am. I am just lucky enough to have a wife who accepts and loves me for who I am.

I just hope that I find a decent girl who accepts it and will even go shopping with me and eventually get married but as of right now its not looking too good lol.

Contessa
01-23-2013, 02:00 AM
I have really moved on from just crossdressing. I only wear femm clothes and makeup. I did my hair so I don't need a wig. Everything matters me included. My name is Contessa I'm a girl. Not a genetic girl but a girl none the less.

Tess

wilt575
01-23-2013, 02:04 AM
I just hope that I find a decent girl who accepts it and will even go shopping with me and eventually get married but as of right now its not looking too good lol.

I speak from experience, don't give up she will pop up when you least expect it. When you find her do not let her get away,you will be surprised at the changes she can make in you. It may go beyond just shopping with you, hope you are as lucky as I was.

Aelita Nolan
01-23-2013, 02:22 AM
I don't feel the desire to pass as female, even though I think I might be able to, what with the my shortness. but I just like to wear girls clothing (I think it may also be because I am envious of girls being able to have more clothing options than boys), but I know that it is still socially unacceptable in most places (in public that is) and I don't think that I could pass, so I don't feel a real desire to pass.

abby21
01-23-2013, 04:22 AM
I don't feel the desire to pass as female, even though I think I might be able to, what with the my shortness. but I just like to wear girls clothing (I think it may also be because I am envious of girls being able to have more clothing options than boys), but I know that it is still socially unacceptable in most places (in public that is) and I don't think that I could pass, so I don't feel a real desire to pass.

I agree with you when you say they have more options then guys do. guys have just a few option for shirts and pants while girls have many options for dresses many for shirts and not as many for pants but are still there

Lawren
01-23-2013, 08:06 AM
There is no way I could ever pass as anything worthy of the pretty clothes I so love to wear. However, I am thoroughly addicted to the feel of Fem clothing.

melissakozak
01-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I don't think it matters why or what you are getting out of it with regard to others' motives. Are you happy with your crossdressing and does it work in your life?

Laurie A
01-23-2013, 08:39 AM

At one time I struggled with this, I wanted to pass, if only to pass in my own mind. I tried and quickly realized that I am not gifted with the any physical attributes of a woman. I gave up, its too hard (or I'm too lazy), Since I no longer try, I'm actually more relaxed and at ease with myself.

Jaymees22
01-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Dear Abby, (Sorry I couldn't resist typing Dear Abby) I enjoy the feel of women's clothes but sometimes fear it's the same feeling my dog gets when he wears his thunder shirt to calm him. I really only feel my best completely dressed make up and everything, but that's just me. Jaymee

stepanie
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Nope! I feel the same way. I don't want to pass as a woman. I don't even want to act like a woman.
I just like the clothes and would really like to wear what I want when I want without being ridiculed.

shadowline
01-23-2013, 06:11 PM
I would love to be able to pass, it would take some makeover I guess. I have a CD friend who I watched transform, the makeup took a long time, you have to appreciate what the GGs go thru. I am just addicted to the feel of nylon and must have it all over my bod all the time. Sure I have wigs, heels, bras, and forms even some jewelery but I still look like a guy without makeup, but it feels so very nice.

Sharon B.
01-23-2013, 06:18 PM
When I am dressed as a woman it is all or nothing even if I am staying in, although I haven't found the courage to go shopping as a woman I will go out for drives and go to a post office after hours to mail letters and/or bills. At the very least I will leave my home as a woman find somewhere to change into jeans go shopping then change back and drive home as a woman. One of these days I will leave the change of clothes home and just go shopping as a woman. I keep telling myself that.

abby21
01-23-2013, 07:25 PM
well im glad its not just me. I am very happy the way I am but too bad my parents don't think the same way!