PDA

View Full Version : 6 More Months

Danni Renee
01-20-2013, 10:08 AM
3 down, 6 to go but this is getting old. It is bad enough that I work 14 hour days (at least) and almost never get a hot shower anymore. The worst part is not being able to shave. I had gotten into a routine of shaving my body at least twice a week back home and I remember wishing I did not have to shave so much (or at all). Now here, I have to skip a meal to use the time to shave, when I can at all (it has been two weeks since I last shaved).

I do get to wear a nightgown to bed every once in a while and I let my nails grow longer than I should before I cut them but for the most part I am totally separated from the real me.

I miss me :(

Danni

GaleWarning
01-20-2013, 10:17 AM
I hope you are being well paid?

Ann Louise
01-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Holy Moly! You remind me of me back in the 90's. I worked in a mining camp in the Arctic digging placer gold all winter long. Same kind of a trip. Hopefully the redeeming factor is you're making good money! Elfin

[21Jan13: Please excuse me Danni for being slow on the uptake! Of course, you're in service for our country, and I thank you for it. Elfin (USN, circa 1971)]

Kate Simmons
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
We do what we can under the circumstances. I was able to dress on an Army base in a war zone in Nam years ago. Where there is a will, there is always a way my friend. :)

Beverley Sims
01-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Just think Danni,
You have a goal and something to look forward to.
Where are they going to send you next?

reb.femme
01-20-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm guessing from your location information, that you are under the terms of what may best be described as a 'tour'?

Hard as it may be, I'd recommend head down, do what is expected and wait your time out.
Easy for me to say, but I think if there is one scenario in which to put off dressing, then you my friend are in it!
I'll hope for your safe return.

Rebecca (ex Mil)

Georgia_Maine
01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
We didn't call them "hardship tours" for nothing! Hang in there.

SarahMarie42
01-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Aw, Danni :[

It must be hard being a military girl. I hope you can hang in there!

Ceri Anne
01-20-2013, 05:49 PM
I remember you leaving on this deployment, knowing it was going to be difficult and even dangerous to express your fem side. Glad your able to get little perks in here and there. Be safe, it will be over soon.

Karren H
01-20-2013, 06:20 PM
I thought you were free when you left Korea? you reup?

PretzelGirl
01-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Danni, I must have missed your post saying you were doing this again. I just noticed your location in another thread. I am sorry you had to go through this once again as I remember your posts as the last time came to a close. I don't know how to add more. Grab what little you can get to feel your best and stay busy so the time passes. Stay safe. Does this one end your enlistment or do you have a lot more to go? For some reason, I thought the last time was ending it.

Starr
01-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Be careful Danni if you get back near me lets try and at least meet this time..

LaraPeterson
01-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Danni, I understand Afghanistan is beautiful this time of year. . .not! I feel for you girl; been there and done that another time on another continent. Not being able to shave is awful, but like others have said, it'll all be over soon. Hang in and do your job. Sleep with one eye open and the other one wide open.

Tracii G
01-21-2013, 01:32 AM
When I was doing "my tours" I had no time for anything I wanted to do.Always on alert seemed like.
Head down and powder dry and wait it out is the best advice I can give.

DonniDarkness
01-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Since no one said it I will.

Danni Renee i know its tough being where you are, but thanks for being there for the Free World.

Thanks for you service.

Keep your chin up,
-Donni-

bridget thronton
01-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Please be safe - sounds like a very tough place. Thank you for your service.

Danni Renee
01-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Thank you all for your well wishes and good advise. I have almost been avoiding the forum since I got here because of concerns of internet monitoring. This forum is a happy place for me, a place I can go and read about others and feel accepted myself but when I did have time to visit it seemed all I could focus on was what I am missing instead of what I do have. Thank you all for reminding me how special a place this forum is.

Love,
Danni

P.S. This time really IS it - no more! Four times away from home is enough. It is time to start a new life.

GaleWarning
01-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Even more than before, I hope you are being well paid, Danni.

Jenn A116
01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Hang in there Danni. I doubly appreciate your sacrifice. First thanks for your service (US Army 1971) and second for enduring your forced abstinence (see #1).