PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Turn of Events

cmiller1031
12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
My wife knows about my CD'ing tendencies, and fully supports me and somewhat enjoys it, so I know how eternally lucky I am. I also have no ability to pass en femme whatsoever. I am a heavy guy and I have facial hair that will not quit. I have never been out, and am very nervous about doing it.

All that said, there is a fundraiser going on for a group that we are active in (non cd charity group). My wife asked me if I would agree to dress en femme and go to the next meeting like that if they raised over $1000. I agreed to it. I am not sure if it is a good idea or not, but I am going to give it a shot unless I am talked out of it. Anyone here have any thoughts or comments, ad I respect your opinions.

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Go for it and above all HAVE FUN.

Tiffany Tuesday
12-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Cmiller .. Camilla?

honey, like you have to ask? GO FOR IT GIRL, enjoy yourself!

hugz x

Raychel
12-05-2005, 12:55 PM
If it were me I would, Do It!!! Do It!!! Do It!!!

sara_also
12-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Dressing for a good cause? How can you say no?
I would do it in a minute.
Sara

Foxy Lady
12-05-2005, 01:19 PM
A chance to go out dressed, do it do it do it.

cmiller1031
12-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Well...thank you all for your support on this, you are all having the same thoughts that I am. The other question I have is what to wear, waht to wear, I am thinking I do not want this group to know about my alter ego, so how do I do it with out looking like I have done this before?

sherri
12-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Well...thank you all for your support on this, you are all having the same thoughts that I am. The other question I have is what to wear, waht to wear, I am thinking I do not want this group to know about my alter ego, so how do I do it with out looking like I have done this before?

Go for your very best and just say your wife did it all.

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2005, 01:30 PM
This where your wife can help. Trust her judgement.

Christina Nicole
12-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Sounds like fun, but I wonder "why?"

It's not Halloween and dressing like a woman has nothing to do with fund raising. You will be somewhat outting yourself to people who probably know you pretty well. Unless that has zero ramifications, I'd be wondering.

BTW, people don't forget. Friends still talk about the time I went to a Halloween party dressed as a woman... and that was years ago.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

kimmy p
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I only wish that I had that opportunity/excuse.

Kimmy

Pamela girl
12-05-2005, 03:21 PM
just let the people on the charity choose what you wear. Mabey even get more for your charity by letting a beauty parlor donate a wig or do the hait for you, Having a store do your makup, Have a clothing store donate the clothes then take them back to the store so it cost them nothing to contribute to your charity all the time getting more people involved for a good cause (I assume it is a good cause)

Phoebe Reece
12-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I recommend you do it and do it well. You will enjoy the experience much more being as fully femme as you can. It really won't make you more likely to be truly outed by dressing well instead of some halfway humorous attempt. I have been out enfemme many times in the past in front of unknowing friends and coworkers at costume parties, halloween, Mardi Gras, and even acting in stage plays in female roles. I have always done it with the best female portrayal that I can do. When questioned about how I do it so well, some answers I have given are:

I'm a rock climber. I have good natural balance and that makes wearing heels fairly easy.
I learned in scouts that you should always do your best.
An actor needs to learn the arts of the craft, including doing his own makeup.
This is not the first time I've done this.
Yes, I did have to practice some around the house.
Yes, I did shave my legs. Hairy legs just don't look right when you're wearing a dress.
It takes a real man to wear a dress in public.
If a woman can do it, so can I. (said in a very macho tone)

DonnaT
12-05-2005, 04:04 PM
No one else will talk you out of it? Let me try. . . NOT

Have fun!

BrendaChristine
12-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Do it. If it's some sort of goofy charity thing, who cares?

S. Lisa Smith
12-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Do it, people shave their heads as a bet for charity fundraisers, this is no worse than that!

TGMarla
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
You're asking this crowd? Is this fund raiser the kind of thing where you tell everyone beforehand that if you reach a certain goal, you'll dress up like a woman? If that's the case, then why not do it? Perhaps some other guys will shave their heads, or even join you in the dressing up thing. It gives you the perfect excuse, too. This way, because of the fund raiser, you won't lose face in front of everyone you know...unless you fail to touch up your makeup.

cathy b
12-06-2005, 08:33 AM
go for it. might be the only chance you will ever get.:p

SandraInHose
12-06-2005, 09:01 AM
... Perhaps some other guys will shave their heads, or even join you in the dressing up thing. It gives you the perfect excuse, too. This way, because of the fund raiser, you won't lose face in front of everyone you know...unless you fail to touch up your makeup.

I very well know about the head-shaving bet! Did that a few years back. I kept it that way for awhile, then grew it back, then shaved it off again. Did that several times. Problem is, when I let it grow back, it seems to be grayer than it used to be! :mad:

As far as the dressing up, I'd go for it, but I wouldn't go all out. Don't give them any reason to think that you've done this before. Keep it simple, leave the jewelry and accessories at home, and don't forget to walk like you've never been in heels before! :angel:

Kierci
12-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Sounds like fun, but I wonder "why?"

It's not Halloween and dressing like a woman has nothing to do with fund raising. You will be somewhat outting yourself to people who probably know you pretty well. Unless that has zero ramifications, I'd be wondering.

BTW, people don't forget. Friends still talk about the time I went to a Halloween party dressed as a woman... and that was years ago.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

I think I would have to really think about that one. I tend to agree with Christina on this, it just doesnt sound right, maybe we dont have all the information. Unless this is some kind of costume fund raiser which I have never heard of and unless you are ready to come out to your local community I wouldnt do it. if you do do it have fun and good luck on the back side.

Kimberly
12-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I echo all.... GO! :D

And it all raises money for an undoubtedly worthy cause. xx