PDA

View Full Version : Hair questions

kristi cd
09-20-2004, 03:55 PM
I know I know you shouldn't buy wigs online, but I'm desperate to get something that could be mistaken for womens hair. :D Anywho I was given a link to this place by another CD and she said several of her friends liked it and were happy with the quality of the stuff they got from it. The only thing is the prices seem to good to be anything that is worth messing with for the most part. Has anyone else had problems with the store or the wigs? I know a couple of people have had some issues, but most reviews seem good to me. :confused: And if not, is there anywhere on the internet besides eBay (I have a phobia for some reason) to find decent wigs for cheap? I'm not looking for anything spectacular, just something so I can get some pics finally. :D

Click me (http://www.internationalwig.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WAWIGS)

LindaTS
09-25-2004, 04:56 AM
I don't know why you're afraid of buying a wig on-line. I've bought several and would highly recommend www.paulayoung.com . They have high quality wigs and fair prices. They are also very easy to deal with if you hava a problem. Good luck. Linda

babe4life
09-25-2004, 07:34 AM
I have had good success using EBay for my two wigs. The best service I got was from Hair Now, Inc. You'll just have to search for their store. The red blend auburn colour wig you see me sporting comes from them. The advantage was that I didn't have to use PayPal to buy with them. I could use Auction Payments (Western Union) that worked out really well since PayPal doesn't accept South African credit cards :(. I found it best to avoid the "comb" style attachment ones since my head was a bit too big and I couldn't use it properly. The skin cap style is my favourite since it looks like real skin where there is a part in the hair.

Have fun buying!

Vallari
09-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Ive never bought a wig online myself, but if u prefer shopping in a store for one you can always try stores like Party Pig or something like it. All the party stores sell basically the same things, and all the ones ive been to so far have a decent selection of wigs. The one im wearing in my avatar pic cost about 40 dollars and had "realistic product" on the packaging. I doubt you will have trouble in these stores because of the nature of them - people should be pretty cool to you. I imagine that now is an even better time to look for one because Halloween is approaching, so now even stores like WalMart are carrying a few styles - id rather get them from party stores though. Hope this helps u!

makeupartistMS
09-25-2004, 07:58 AM
Wigs online are good if u get them on ebay in human hair. Then they can be curled and styled and cut to look like it is your hair. Love De

Tonia
09-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I don't know why you're afraid of buying a wig on-line. I've bought several and would highly recommend www.paulayoung.com . They have high quality wigs and fair prices. They are also very easy to deal with if you hava a problem. Good luck. Linda

Just like Linda, said Paul Young I have been purchasing wigs from her catalog for over 8 Years she has a great selection

Tonia :p

Vallari
09-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Kristi, good luck with your wig shopping however you choose to go about it! :) But a word of warning, follow ALL care instructions on proper wig care. I try to do this as much as possible, but I can't just let it hang up somewhere and stay tangle free. :( So be sure u have a good open place to keep them in good condition! I was combing mine today and I hit a nasty knot with my comb...Ill just say I ended up with a bloody nose and a brush with only 4-5 mangled prongs left! :o :rolleyes: Just felt like sharing this to help others. Again, good luck!

Amelie
09-26-2004, 03:48 AM
I have bought wigs from only one place online and that was from

www.123wigs.com Their prices were cheap, so I took a chance. They had a really nice white wig, I am happy with the wig. I don't know what their other wigs are like but the one I bought is good.

I don't usually buy wigs online. Where I live I have about 6 wig stores within walking distance from me. So I have plenty of choices.

Love Amelie

carolynhcd
09-26-2004, 09:27 AM
I have several wigs I bought over the phone through the Frederick's Of Hollywood catalogue and they are nice. My favorite, however, is made by Noriko, a line available from many sources and at a wide variety of prices. Google Noriko and shop around. Good luck and happy shopping.

kristi cd
09-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm paranoid about shopping for anything online, not just girl stuff and I'm not really sure why. :confused: Anyway, thanks for all the advice and links. :)

Natasha Anne
09-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Even with shipping to South Africa being expensive, I've bought two wigs from WOW Wigs. I've had good experiences on both occasions. If you sign up for their newsletter, they send you a really substantial discount voucher every now and then. Go to http://www.wowwigs.com. They're US-based.

The only difficulty with online purchases is getting the exact colour right.

Also with online auctions, ensure the wig pictured is the one you're getting. Sometimes the wigs have been styled (read cut) and that might not be what you expect. Don't be afraid to ask, because it can cost you.

babe4life
09-26-2004, 11:05 AM
I found Wow Wigs to be really helpful, but for some or other reason, their package to me was returned uncollected!? And now it has just happened again with another wig that was sent to me from someone else also from the States. Next time I am going to rather pay the extra and get them to courier it with someone that does tracking all the way :)

Love,
Vicky

Kath
09-26-2004, 12:08 PM
I'll add a third to the Paula Young recommendations. I haven't tried the more expensive ones but the ones I have have be adequate for my purposes. They will send you a mail catalog that from time to time will have really great deals. Only wish I had a place to properly store and style them.

I once bought one from a local wig store that was supposed to be CD friendly. It was better quality than what I have bought from PY but cost over twice as much and was one of the cheaper ones in the store.

Hugs, Kath