PDA

View Full Version : I live in Michigan

Jordan
01-21-2013, 06:14 PM
My wife knows that I dress as a woman all the time sometimes even with her but she will not allow me to wear a wig. My question is I would love to tell her that I want to take a 5 day vacation and be Jordan all the time how do I tell her also where is a great place to go as a crossdresser in michigan and have a good time?

Nikki A.
01-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Do you wear womens clothes outside too with her and she doesn't mind? Also what do you wear now, skirts, blouses etc.
It seems that some women have a line in the sand you have trouble crossing. My wife let me dress at home at times but not outside (except for Halloween). She didn't have a problem with a wig (although at the time I really didn't wear one for in the house) but her biggest problem was me having breasts, socks or otherwise. That was a big time turn off, it was too female for her. Your wife may have the same hang up with wigs.
To answer your question I think we need a little more info on how to tell her.

AllieSF
01-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Jordon,

Maybe you should try the upcoming TG weekend in Saugatuck first. I think that it is upcoming. It is shorter and you can get out of the house wand have a great time with other Michigan and nearby State women. I hear that it is a lot of fun and everyone walks around the town and all the locals are cool with that. A week may seem like a long time to your wife.

Jordan
01-21-2013, 06:59 PM
I can wear what ever I want I have a number of dresses and pant outfits she dont care about that as a matter of fact she bought me my first set of forms and she is fine with that now I own about 8 sets of forms and that is fine just no wig she will even do my make up every once in a awhile

flatlander_48
01-21-2013, 09:11 PM
I live in Michigan

However, originally being from Ohio, I will try not to hold that against you!

Anyway, in general when you need to have a very serious conversation, take your time. You need to think about what you want to say and listen to what she has to say. Try not to argue. It may be difficult staying in control of yourself, but it is important. Remember, when when we start to argue, we stop listening.

Ressie
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Jordon,

Maybe you should try the upcoming TG weekend in Saugatuck first. I think that it is upcoming. It is shorter and you can get out of the house wand have a great time with other Michigan and nearby State women. I hear that it is a lot of fun and everyone walks around the town and all the locals are cool with that. A week may seem like a long time to your wife.

It's sometime in April, and Saugatuck is one of the safest places in Michigan anytime. Jordan, you may also want to get in touch with BillieAnneJean in Grand Rapids. What part of MI are you in?

KellyM
01-23-2013, 05:23 PM
I go to Michigan on business trips sometimes. Lately I've had the urge to extend a trip and spend a day in Dearborn at the Henry Ford Museum. I have gone to museums dresses before and had a ball. Greenfield Village would be great - spending time walking around outside with the wind blowing your hair and up your skirt! Also Frankenmuth might be fun.

DonnaT
01-23-2013, 05:38 PM
My question is I would love to tell her that I want to take a 5 day vacation and be Jordan all the time how do I tell her ... ?

A stay at home vacation, or a vacation away by yourself?

If y'all take a number of vacations, and have taken vacations separately, then I see no problem in just telling her what you want. No need to mention the wig.

If y'all don't take regular vacations, going on one by yourself seems problematic.

If it is a stay at home vacation, I'm sure the wig prohibition will remain the same.

But the main questions I have is:
(1) Do you go out dressed? Even without a wig!? (I have, btw)
or
(2) Does your wife have the idea that if you have no wig, you are not likely to go out?

If it is (2), then going on a vacation, or any event, as Jordan will be an issue, and likely to raise discussion about a wig.

If it is (1) then there's no need to discuss getting a wig. I'd just get one to wear while away from home, as long as it did not affect household finances.