PDA

View Full Version : Empowering?

Jenni Yumiko
01-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Maybe the wrong word,
So i'm about a week old here, been doing the fetish dress up for a while, occasional clothing once in a while, lot of RP.
Came here, read, read and read and see this more of the way of life.
I feel as if the forum and reading other post has made me want to dress up more and go further with it.
Has that been a normal reaction for everyone else?
Does this mean going further and further is a repressed feeling coming out now?
Is it a when in Rome thing?
Am I over analyzing? <--- probably this

Whats the down and dirty JenniferAtHome explanation? :-D

Jenniferathome
01-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi Jennialy, you are simply understanding that you are not as weird as you used to think. Some people want to dress more and present as a woman (me) others are happy in panties. There is no handbook. My opinion is that outside of fetish dressers, most of us "progress" to wanting to present more like a woman. By the way, it is empowering to me to "change" into a woman.

Kate Simmons
01-21-2013, 07:38 PM
It depends. If we pay attention, we can not only learn more about ourselves but also figure out to use the process for our own enjoyment without it dominating us. Works for me anyway.;):)

ArleneRaquel
01-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Jennifer IMO is 100% correct. I have progressed into a 24/7 dresser in the last 9-10 years as my life situation has allowed me to do, even thought I have to be living as a felame in my adult years since circa 1956.

Stevie
01-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I agree I to have joined last week and been more enlightened to my situation. I was just into RP until a couple years ago and now have a small wardrobe. I said that I wouldn't get a wig. I did. Also said no way to make up and my wife caught it on me. Now reading these post I know I want to try it again to the point that I found a place to help me. They also shown me breast forms which is another I said I wouldn't do. Thought originally it was going to be a simple skirt and heels. Now I learned it is a lot more than that.if it wasn't for my family I probably would have dressed completely all fem by now.

Jodi Anne
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
It's the power of " E " may the force be with you. And yes you are in Rome now.
Enjoy

katlee
01-21-2013, 09:57 PM
I think it just depends on the girl. Some use it as escape, some uses for sexual fun, and some uses it as a lifestyle.

Jenni Yumiko
01-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks Jen and all, that all makes sense, and yes being here makes me want to progress further, unfortunately, that could be detrimental to my family life.
Time will tell

Leah Lynn
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Jennialy, we're all different. Some of us are happy to wear panties and call it good Some like to dress up from time to time, maybe a wig, maybe a touch of makeup. Some of us, live as much as a female as possible. Not to mention every degree in between. I, personally, dress as a male for work and the occasional family event; otherwise I'm Leah! I get home from work, shower, and I'm Leah until I have to get ready for work the next morning. And if it were possible, I'd go to work as Leah. So there are as many ways to express yourself as there are rays of sunshine. Many start small, then before they know what happened, they're out on the town en femme, and soon enough, at the point of wanting to transition. 'Tis a treacherous road we travel. Beware the beasties and ghosties and goblins.

Leah

Jenniferathome
01-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks Jen and all, that all makes sense, and yes being here makes me want to progress further, unfortunately, that could be detrimental to my family life.
Time will tell

Jen, your wife thinks one thing about your dressing. It is almost certain that she fears more than what you have told her. BEFORE you do anything, like ordering dresses or forms or a wig, you name it, talk to her. The one upside you have is that she already knows that you wear panties. You have to have a conversation about your interest being greater than just panties. It's not an easy conversation so prepare yourself. If you do more than you have told her and get caught, there will be hell to pay.

Pixiesmate
01-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Hi Jennialy, you are simply understanding that you are not as weird as you used to think. Some people want to dress more and present as a woman (me) others are happy in panties. There is no handbook. My opinion is that outside of fetish dressers, most of us "progress" to wanting to present more like a woman. By the way, it is empowering to me to "change" into a woman.

I can't think of truer words that describe my situation. I lurked on this forum until shamed into joining by a member addressing the lurkers who in effect said "Step out of the shadows and come join us, you'll be welcome here". It is empowering to know that you are not a freak, and that there are others like you. It has freed me of most of the shame I felt when dressing en-femme. (I'm still working on that last little bit). It's empowered me to go shopping and actually try on womens clothing before buying, and 'owning' that ability. Having a SO that is fully on-board with this journey of discovery is also a big help, but yes, being on this forum and feeling like you can go anywhere you want with your dressing is empowering.

AmyGaleRT
01-22-2013, 02:06 AM
I can't think of truer words that describe my situation. I lurked on this forum until shamed into joining by a member addressing the lurkers who in effect said "Step out of the shadows and come join us, you'll be welcome here". It is empowering to know that you are not a freak, and that there are others like you. It has freed me of most of the shame I felt when dressing en-femme. (I'm still working on that last little bit). It's empowered me to go shopping and actually try on womens clothing before buying, and 'owning' that ability. Having a SO that is fully on-board with this journey of discovery is also a big help, but yes, being on this forum and feeling like you can go anywhere you want with your dressing is empowering.

I wouldn't like to think one of us "shamed" you into doing anything. You don't have to do anything you don't want to.

On the other hand, there's nothing really to be ashamed over. You aren't hurting anyone by dressing. You aren't breaking any laws by dressing. Those of us here have been through all this, and have gotten to a point where we accept what we do. Some of us even have SOs who accept it, too. So you needn't feel ashamed or afraid coming here, this is a safe place. You have nothing to lose...and a potential world to gain. I know I wouldn't have nearly the confidence I have without this forum. (I wouldn't have it without my fiancee, either, but, in this case, both are necessary.)

- Amy

Jenni Yumiko
01-22-2013, 07:17 AM
BEFORE you do anything, like ordering dresses or forms or a wig, you name it, talk to her. The one upside you have is that she already knows that you wear panties. You have to have a conversation about your interest being greater than just panties. It's not an easy conversation so prepare yourself. If you do more than you have told her and get caught, there will be hell to pay.
I'm not sure if I'm ready to take that step yet. I would like all of her major needs/aspirations met before I ask for something for myself. Fortunately we are well on our way to having her 2 remaining life dreams met.

KatieV
01-22-2013, 10:18 AM
i think it is evident that when you realize that you are not really an outlier, you can be more comfortable with yourself, so it's a natural evolution towards more and better....

Maria S
01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Be careful how ever understanding she is it is easy to get carried away and do too much too soon. However caring she is you must remember her feelings as well and that she married a man and not a woman.

Maria

SexyErica
01-22-2013, 11:55 AM
I had started to feel the need to take my dressing to a new level by that I mean going out in public.I was in the process of researching the best ways to go about this when I stumbled across this Forum I to have only been a member for a week.Since joining and making a few post and reading all the replies along with all the other threads and post I can say yes I do feel empowered all the wonderful people on this forum have definitely given me the confidence to take the next step.

Beverley Sims
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Having read what others do you may think that is what you should do and all at once.
Yes you will dress more as you find that you are not an oddity and there are a lot of others like you.
Do not rush it and go slowly and you should enjoy your experience.
Above all keep asking questions.

Jenni Yumiko
01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Be careful how ever understanding she is it is easy to get carried away and do too much too soon. However caring she is you must remember her feelings as well and that she married a man and not a woman.

Maria

Agreed I have a tendency to jump head first. Low n slow