PDA

View Full Version : If she only knew...

rebeca_abigail30
01-21-2013, 08:27 PM
So, tonight a friend of mine (and coworker) is at the Commander-in-Chief's Ball. In the course of the day, she sent me a text asking if my wife had a small purse she could borrow for the night. This particular purse which she was looking for is a military issued because my friend had to wear her uniform. I told her that I managed to find and I'd bring it over when I came over to watch her two little ones, and I would also bring another one that I had given to my wife for Christmas one year. She said something to the effect, "I knew you were a girl."

IF SHE ONLY KNEW!!

CassandraSmith
01-21-2013, 09:56 PM
She actually does know, it's just that she doesn't know she knows.

AmyGaleRT
01-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Maybe she had a hunch...it's been said that a hunch is a conclusion based on data you don't know you possess. :)

- Amy

Beverley Sims
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
It would be nice to know the full story without assumptions.

ClosetED
01-22-2013, 02:20 PM
"Many a true word is spoken in jest" - maybe she has a slight suspicion and wanted to see your response. Think about a CDer trying to guage the reaction of a SO who doesn't know - they may jest about clothing to see the reaction.

mikiSJ
01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Even if she only "knows", she is cool with it and is willing to trust her kids to you. You have a nice friend.