PDA

View Full Version : Fetish or something more

andrea lace
01-22-2013, 02:04 AM
I have read a lot of threads regarding the wearing of tights/pantyhose and it seems that a lot of people prefer pantyhose to stockings and suspenders. I prefer stockings and suspenders I find them more sexy than pantyhose and I have several different pairs. My question is do most girls on this forum that wear pantyhose do so for comfort and those that wear stockings and suspenders do so out of fetish dressing. I personally think I dress for fetish reasons even though I don't just stick to underwear but I also wear panties every day under my guy clothes and dress completely every week day for a few hours each day. What I am trying to understand here is am I fetish dressing or is it something more. I suppose I am trying to label myself and am thinking about the reasons why I feel the need to dress.

AmyGaleRT
01-22-2013, 02:25 AM
People wear pantyhose for fetish purposes too, Andrea. There are all kinds of tastes out there.

A "fetish" usually implies some sort of sexual thrill. Does it give you that kind of thrill to be underdressed? Or do you just feel more comfortable and in touch with your feminine side? If the latter, it's probably less of a "fetish" than you think. But neither pattern is unusual, and it can change over time, too.

I don't know that you really need to "label" yourself, but understanding your motivation for dressing is a good thing. From there, you can figure out where to go next.

- Amy

Billie1
01-22-2013, 05:37 AM
What I am trying to understand here is am I fetish dressing or is it something more. I suppose I am trying to label myself and am thinking about the reasons why I feel the need to dress.

Hi, Andrea,

I don't think a a lot of us here really understand the reasons why we need to dress.
I feel that it is a more comfortable, natural state that allows me to express personality traits that are somehow deeply woven into my psychological make-up. How they got there, I have no idea. So consequently, I don't put a lot of effort into the why, concentrating on the how.

Now to question at hand: Pantyhose vs. Stockings. I love them both!

It depends on the outfit. Sometimes, a stocking top and garter is very appealing, sometimes, it's not.
I like to wear al lot of short outfits, and that smooth look of leg (and the sesation under the skirt!) has a
lot of appeal to me. I suppose it is what works for you. Don't worry about labels. Enjoy yourself.

Carol A
01-22-2013, 05:52 AM
I am a stocking girl as I grew up in the mid 50's and PH were not around. Second at my age it is hard to propery put on PH
but as Billie1 saids there are times when it is a must.

Sandra
01-22-2013, 06:22 AM
I suppose I am trying to label myself and am thinking about the reasons why I feel the need to dress.

Forget about labelling yourself, you are YOU simple.....:)

Janice An
01-22-2013, 07:07 AM
I also prefer stockings and garter belts, always have. They are just sexier and I feel more comfortable wearing them. I think stockings were the second female item that I was attracted to at the age of about 6-7, the first being girls shoes. I do also use pantyhose at times.

tanya_m
01-22-2013, 07:14 AM
I also prefer stockings and suspenders. But I think pantyhose is more comfortable for wearing for a longer period of time.
Even with the suspenders after some time the stocking go lower on my leg.
I also dress more for fetish reasons and to me the stockings with suspenders is more sexy. But the feeling on the legs is same with both.

Jenni Yumiko
01-22-2013, 07:43 AM
I love both, although stockings tend to get loosie goosie on me after a few hours. I do it because they just feel right to wear.
Trying to label yourself will just give you a headache trying to "fit into" a type. You are what you are, a unique individual with likes and dislikes just like anyone else.

manemami
01-22-2013, 07:45 AM
i am sure it is something more you explore it you will find it try different ideas to discover secrets of feminity

NicoleScott
01-22-2013, 09:21 AM
I have a fetish for other things, but not for stockings or pantyhose. Still, I wear them, and I like them, but they are more of a necessary part of the outfit than having a "special" effect on me by themselves.
The more you learn about fetishes, you will see that someone somewhere has a fetish for just about anything. Long ago, I chatted with a guy in an AOL crossdresser chatroom. He had a fetish for BARE legs. Stockings just didn't do it for him. That seemed so strange to me at the time, having read about so many others with fetishes for stockings and pantyhose.
We like to discuss here on the forum what drives us to crossdress. Certainly fetishes drive some of us to crossdress, but I want to know more: where do those fetishes come from? What happened during development, presumably before having any sexual impulses (or was it?), that causes an individual to experience sexual arousal by seeing, touching, or wearing an object? I know that I have had a special attraction for certain things (but not others) as early as I can remember, certainly by age 4 or 5.

Rachel52
01-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I absolutely adore pantyhose and tights. I always wear them when I dress. Stockings and garters are so much fun, I love how sexy the garter straps feel against my legs, but I rarely wear them. I, for sure, have a fetish for hosiery. Pantyhose were the first female garment that I wore when I was young and they will always be my fav.

Cheryl T
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I don't think it's a fetish thing at all...for most of us.
Personally I prefer pantyhose most of the time just for convenience. When I am going somewhere special I occasionally prefer to wear a garter belt and stockings as they are 'sexier' and just make me feel more feminine. Then there are the times when I prefer thi-hi's, maybe due to the weather (might be too hot for pantyhose).
None of this is fetishistic for me...just practical depending on the situation.

Lorileah
01-22-2013, 12:16 PM
My question is do most girls on this forum that wear pantyhose do so for comfort :lol2: Comfort? Those tight twisty things comfort?
and those that wear stockings and suspenders do so out of fetish dressing.:eek::eek: Um...I don't dress for fetish most the time. (OK I do on occasion but that is different) Thigh highs (Stay ups over the pond) are more comfortable for me because they don't twist or sag at the crotch or squeeze too tight. If you run one you can just change one. I wear pantyhose for patterns or if I have to for a certain occasion.
What I am trying to understand here is am I fetish dressing or is it something more. I suppose I am trying to label myself and am thinking about the reasons why I feel the need to dress.

You will have to decide that. Do you dress just for the sexual purpose of it? (that includes playing in venues not just at home)? If the stockings and garters are just for your sexual pleasure then it may be a fetish. But even if it is partially fetish, it may be other things too like you like the look, the feel, how you feel inside when you wear it. Remember that the continuum of the TG spectrum isn't cubbys and boxes but a fluid line. What today you think of as a fetish may be tomorrow an expression of you. :)

~Joanne~
01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I am finding this hard to explain in my situation, I have a pantyhose fetish, always have though maybe not as strong as it use to be, I prefer women that wear hose over the lazy ones that don't. I think they make a women's legs look great and their feet look cuter than they do without hose.

On the dressing side though, I do not wear them because of the fetish, not anymore. I wear them because I feel my legs are not as nice to go without, they help my legs, add warmth, and really help my feet when it comes to heels. Let's face it, I have never had a blister on my feet because I wear hose with my heels.

WAY back at the start of wearing hose, there was the sexual excitement from wearing them but now, just as any other article I chose to wear. there isn't. I can be comfortable in either mode, enfemme or drab, and it is natural to me. I don't know how many times I have almost answered the door while enfemme because I forgot I was even dressed lol

I have never liked Stocking and garters in either case. Nor do I like fishnets. I have no desire to add either to my wardrobe but I am not totally ruling out the former ;) My taste changes from day to day

Lorileah
01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
I prefer women that wear hose over the lazy ones that don't. :facepalm: You really didn't just say that did you? Lazy? I don't wear hose of any kind 90% of the time.
I think they make a women's legs look great and their feet look cuter than they do without hose. that is your personal preference. I think legs can and do look good either way. Often, especially in the summer, I get asked if I am wearing hose when I am not.

Frédérique
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
I have read a lot of threads regarding the wearing of tights/pantyhose and it seems that a lot of people prefer pantyhose to stockings and suspenders. I prefer stockings and suspenders I find them more sexy than pantyhose and I have several different pairs. My question is do most girls on this forum that wear pantyhose do so for comfort and those that wear stockings and suspenders do so out of fetish dressing.

I prefer knee-length socks, or even short (cute) white socks, but I wear pantyhose on occasion just for comfort and for the special feeling they provide. Oddly enough, I wear pantyhose when I have on a long skirt or dress, so little if any hosiery is visible – I also underdress with pantyhose, but I wouldn’t say I’m fetishistic about it. My main fetish is the pleated skirt, but pantyhose will make the former feel fantastic, if I choose to go in that direction. I DO prefer the socks, however…

Your mention of “suspenders” reminds me of a discussion I was part of on another CD forum (in the UK), where a penchant (fetish) for garter belts, garters, and the like was the topic at hand*. I guess I’m just not going for a “sexy” presentation when I dress; in fact I’m actively avoiding the issue entirely by adopting a “plain” look. Looking attractive is not my goal, but feeling wonderful is very easy to achieve – with that in mind, I’ll skip the suspenders…

*Think Benny Hill...:o

Stevie
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I like pantyhose but prefer to wear stockings because of my corsets. So it depends on what I'm wearing. As for it being a fetish I would say yes at first but no now. Its a part of the way I dress.

~Joanne~
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
:facepalm: You really didn't just say that did you? Lazy? I don't wear hose of any kind 90% of the time. that is your personal preference. I think legs can and do look good either way. Often, especially in the summer, I get asked if I am wearing hose when I am not.

Yes, and I stand behind it. The comment was based upon my "pantyhose fetish". As other men like butts, boobs, and other "things" about a woman, I prefer women that wear hose. I am not saying all of the time but when the time is certainly appropriate for it and it certainly is based upon my preference.

I have noticed over the last 5-6 years that women are wearing dresses and makeup for special occasions and formal events but always sans the hose. I have very seldom seen any women who's legs are that nice that she can go without hosiery and honestly say she didn't need them. Now, keep in mind I live in MI, I am sure there are plenty of women elsewhere that can probably go without hose.

As a dresser, I KNOW my legs are not nice enough to go without the hosiery. They make them look as nice as they sometimes do and I think women could really benefit from wearing hosiery the same as we do. Why put on makeup or care about your hair or the length of the dress if you stop caring at your legs?

I also understand that there are legit times when wearing hose wouldn't be called for, like winter when it's extremely cold or the summer when it's extremely hot but most of the other excuses are just that, excuses. Excuses are a sign of laziness.

My SO's main reason for not wearing a dress was because she didn't want to wear the hose. It wasn't because she hated hose but always seemed to run them right out of the box. It was because she was buying the wrong size which I feel a lot of women who hate hose do. They claim that they are tight in the crotch, they always sag, they run too easily, but the real problem is the brand they buy and the wrong sizes.

Stevie
01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
I prefer pantyhose but rather wear stockings because of my corsets. It started as a fetish but not now.

Beverley Sims
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Do not worry about labels.
I like stocking and suspenders with the right clothing and there is a nice feeling wearing them.
I also wear panty hose for convenience and a certain amount of comfort is derived from wearing them.
Fetish dressing for me is wearing a maids uniform regularly while house keeping etc.
I wear one for parties on occasions and play the maid.
I also wear a wedding gown and play the bride as well.
It is enjoying what you can do and nothing to do with fetishism.

cathie pantyhose
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
I have always loved pantyhose first (thus the name) but have found myself gravitating towards thigh highs (stay ups) as opposed to garters. I always enjoyed pantyhose for the full coverage and how it felt on my stomach and back side. Thigh highs intrigue me these days for their sexual look as well. I'll always prefer pantyhose but just bought about 30 pairs of thigh highs. Not sure I'm interested in garters. They seem a bit more bulky with the straps and don't seem they would project a smooth appearance under skirts and dresses with out more "things" to cover the look. I like a smooth look.

andrea lace
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
thanks for all your help. As I am new to openly c d ing I am still finding out what I really like. I have always been drawn to stockings and suspenders but the big decision now is whether or not to shave my legs my wife is encouraging me to do this but if I do I will have to be pretty careful not to show my legs to my teenage kids. I am sure that if I shave them I will forget and accidentally show them to my kids. I can see some big decisions coming soon in my future.

Vickie_CDTV
01-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Just because one wears stockings instead of pantyhose does not necessarily mean they have a fetish for them (not that one necessarily doesn't either.) Garters and stockings have a bad rap due to the junk sold for use in the bedroom only; remember, women wore garters and stockings for decades before pantyhose were available, and many wore them everyday! Quality stockings and good metal garters (ideally on a good foundation garment) are a very practical option to pantyhose.

I only wear stockings with a girdle with garters, and they work great for me and the stockings last longer than pantyhose did for me. The fact that I think they are sexy, even better.

SandraInHose
01-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Just my two cents, but pantyhose do it for me because I have always loved that tighter, all-encompassing feeling that a nice pair of control-top pantyhose give me. Especially with a fair amount of lycra in the legs, too.

To me, most stockings are just too loose, airy, and non-clingy for me, but that's just my personal preference. I'm sure there are those who love THAT feeling as much as I like the 'tightness' feeling.

Jenni Yumiko
01-22-2013, 07:53 PM
thanks for all your help. As I am new to openly c d ing I am still finding out what I really like. I have always been drawn to stockings and suspenders but the big decision now is whether or not to shave my legs my wife is encouraging me to do this but if I do I will have to be pretty careful not to show my legs to my teenage kids. I am sure that if I shave them I will forget and accidentally show them to my kids. I can see some big decisions coming soon in my future.
My kids think I shave them because I did when I used to swim a lot and because I have tats on my legs, so if your sporty or inked, there you go. Another good one I used to use was I had PT for circulatory issues and the machines they used ripped the hair.:heehee:

Ceri Anne
01-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I never wear panty hose, always stockings because to me they are the most feminine and sexy. I do occasionally wear tights and leggings, again for fashion reasons. While it can be a fetish, I don't take it as such.

ReineD
01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
but the big decision now is whether or not to shave my legs my wife is encouraging me to do this but if I do I will have to be pretty careful not to show my legs to my teenage kids. I am sure that if I shave them I will forget and accidentally show them to my kids. I can see some big decisions coming soon in my future.

Then it makes sense that you should want to sort out why you are doing this, or as others here call it, why you would want to "label" yourself.

If you lived by yourself or if no one ever knew about the CDing, then you wouldn't have to explain it to anyone. But this is not the case when one has children who might notice the shaved legs, or a wife who wants to know if it is a kink or if there is a deeper feminine identity and I don't blame you for wanting to prepare yourself in the event that others in your life will want to understand why you do what you do.

I think it is useful for all of us to know ourselves well and to have a clear understanding of our motives, no matter what the situation. It makes communication with others all that much easier. :hugs:

Gretchen_To_Be
01-22-2013, 09:01 PM
I had the same concern about shaving my legs and having my kids find out, but in Winter it's easy to hide. I would normally wear long pants or sweats anyway, so they have no idea. I promised my wife I would let the hair grow back for summer, and I intend to because I don't want the kids to ask. Of course, I will miss the smooth feeling but it will be something to look forward to in Fall besides a new season for the Green Bay Packers.

MsJanessa
01-22-2013, 09:04 PM
thigh high stockings, either alone or with garters---besides being much more comfortable, its hard to be intimate with your lover while wearing pantyhose.

Lynn Marie
01-22-2013, 09:13 PM
I grew up in the 1950's and never got over it! Ike was president for most of the decade and the National Highway System was being built and pantyhose hadn't been invented yet. What a wonderful time. I don't even own any pantyhose. Not a fetish anymore, just a fashion statement.

suchacutie
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I much prefer stockings, but there are some tremendous body-shaping pantihose. I have one the runs up to the bustline and is just super!

It all depends on the outfit :)

RebeccaLynne
01-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Just my two cents, but pantyhose do it for me because I have always loved that tighter, all-encompassing feeling that a nice pair of control-top pantyhose give me. Especially with a fair amount of lycra in the legs, too.

To me, most stockings are just too loose, airy, and non-clingy for me, but that's just my personal preference. I'm sure there are those who love THAT feeling as much as I like the 'tightness' feeling.

My preference is pantyhose, for pretty much the reasons stated above. I find that panties, control top pantyhose, and a padded pantygirdle enable me to maintain the flat front I so desire when dressing enfemme. I find the combination totally comfortable, and I can stay dressed all day long without any problem.

As they say, "practice makes perfect"... and I've had lots of practice!

Amberhea
01-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I prefer stockings / Thigh Highs over pantyhose, but I do enjoy wearing pantyhose as well. I just haven't had a reason to wear them lately. If I had a new skirt or dress to wear them with I would.

Lorna
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't like bare legs - either on me or to look at on others (just personal preference). I don't like really thick tights either. The feeling of sheer stockings or tights is favourite with me. As one who enjoys wearing different outfits and the very different sensations that go with them, I'm happy in either stockings or tights. However, like GGs, I take into account some important factors. Skirt length is one of them: while it's fun to wear stockings under a short-ish skirt and experiment with ways of moving and sitting without stocking tops showing, I can appreciate that wearing tights avoids that problem altogether. I have to wear a girdle under straighter dresses or skirts and my open girdles give better control than my pantie girdles - but also require stockings. At the other extreme, a loose skirt or dress can be worn without a girdle and the freedom of a suspender belt and stockings or just the tights is a different feeling altogether. If it's a fetish at all, mine is the pleasure of having so many options.