PDA

View Full Version : Good reasons to be a crossdresser

stephNE
01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
There are many! But today I was thinking about how cold it is and how good my pantyhose feel (I underdress most days). As I am getting older, I'm starting to have some problems with arthritis in my legs, and the cold weather (19 at my house this morning) adds to the pain.

Rhonda Darling
01-22-2013, 07:43 AM
There are many! But today I was thinking about how cold it is and how good my pantyhose feel (I underdress most days). As I am getting older, I'm starting to have some problems with arthritis in my legs, and the cold weather (19 at my house this morning) adds to the pain.

Steph:

Don't know where you are in Virginia, but in Fairfax this morning, it's 16 with a wind chill of 9. Wish I felt good with underdressing in hose at work, but I worry about the static cling being a giveaway (not to mention the sound that hose sometimes make when worn under slacks and you walk down a hallway). Do you work in an office environment and, if yes, has underdressing hose ever caused you an embarrassment?

Nice timely thread, thanks.

Best,
Rhonda.

suzy1
01-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Sorry to jump in here girls but are we talking in Fahrenheit or Centigrade?

Where I come from 16 Centigrade is warm!:)

Rhonda Darling
01-22-2013, 07:58 AM

Where I come from 16 Centigrade is warm!:)

Hi, Suzy. We're talking Fahrenheit. Below the freezing point of water, where a cold wind blast up a skirt makes you remember that you're dressing this way because you like to.

The temp today is noticeable and notable because it is in stark contrast to the very mild winter we've had so far. A double layer of hose would be in order.

Rhonda

Rondawants
01-22-2013, 07:59 AM
12 Here in Flatwoods Ky........

suzy1
01-22-2013, 07:59 AM
That is cold Rhonda!
You girls wrap up warm.:eek:

Theresa_W
01-22-2013, 08:07 AM
7 degrees F here this morning. And I just got a warning from the weather channel that tomorrow and the next day we have a wind chill warning that is supposed to get down to -40 to -50 degrees F !!!!!!!! That's a whole lot of tights!!!!! :lol:

Terri

Karren H
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Given the choice......I'd rather freeze than have my life so overly complicated! lol. and my under armour is much warmer than any pantyhose....

Jenni Yumiko
01-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I'm not going out today, working from the comfort of my heated mattress pad with doggie at my feet keeping my toes warm :-)

Kate Simmons
01-22-2013, 09:03 AM
I suppose wearing leggings, tights and knee socks, etc. are pretty good reasons but I could probably find more good reasons to be a woman, but I digress.........:battingeyelashes::)

Carol Elizabeth
01-22-2013, 09:14 AM
It's 5 degrees below zero F. with a wind chill of minus 25 F. here in Wisconsin. I guess I'll have to do up another button on blouse today and maybe even one at the bottom of my skirt.

CE

monalisa
01-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Glad I am wintering in Florida at 65 degrees down from mid 80's as home was at 7 this morning. Sarasota has been unusually warm this winter.

Vieja
01-22-2013, 09:21 AM
For me a good reason to be a cross dresser is it just feels good. As far as cold goes I spent three years in Thule, Greenland where minus 20 was not unheard of.

Vieja

Is that Avatar really you? WOW.

Vieja

SexyErica
01-22-2013, 09:24 AM
I know I can't speak for everyone but here in NW WI no tucking required today just step outside for a second and problem solved! LOL!

Rachel52
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
I feel incomplete if I don't wear pantyhose or tights when I dress, so warmer weather is less cross dressing friendly for me. Thank God for air conditioning!

dana 1
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
It's zero in Chicago right now, at least I'm not sweating with a wig on.

Maria S
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
As much as I would love to wear tights under my jeans and trousers all the time it can be a dangerous thing. As an example I am going with my wife this evening to my mother-in-law's house. Present will be my brother-in-law and his 3 teenage children. If I keep my shoes on someone is bound to notice the tights in between the bottom of my trouser leg and my shoes. If I take my shoes off they are bound to be seen. How do you explain say to a 14 year old niece why Uncle is wearing tights?

Maria

Erica Marie
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
First I want to let you know it must be a heat wave there. In WI it was -6 with a windchill of about -20. There isnt much to keep you warm in this weather besides a comfy pair of jammies and a warm fireplace. But when I do have to go out I opt for my Cuddle Duds leggings. This fit nice under jeans and help fend off the cold.

stephNE
01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Is that Avatar really you?

By avatar, you mean the picture that appears with each posting, yep, really me. If you mean the drawing on my profile page, thats what I think I look like! but the cameras and mirrors don't see me that way. Hahaha.

Rhonda, I do work in an office, but no one really notices any noise. Certainly no one has ever said anything.

Suzy, I forgot about all the British gurls, Centigrade is something else I need to learn!

Gloria Vanessa
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I wear pantyhose or tights all the time under my jeans

Beverley Sims
01-22-2013, 01:36 PM
In the cold climes it is always tights weather, whether dressed or not.

Foxglove
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
It's been just above freezing here the last few days--fairly cold by Irish standards, but not so cold that I'd change my skirt for trousers. Close, though!

Annabelle

Nikki A.
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Cold here also, tights, fur lined boots and a shaper w/attached bra under slacks, blouse and hoodie. Gotta keep the girls warm too.

mikiSJ
01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Ah, the San Francisco Bay Area where a really, really, cold day might be 28 F right before daylight (as it was last Thursday). Sorry girls, but if I wear tights, it is because I like the look, not for the cold.
Not trying to rub anything in...

Michelle (Oz)
01-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Hello to all you ladies up there.

Hmmm ... we've just had a record hot day of 111 F (44C). Guess we must be upside down. I love wearing sleeveless tops and short skirts though so (apart from the wig) all is well down under.

CassandraSmith
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Good reasons to be a crossdresser

1. I've found that it's great for motivating me to be disciplined about eating quality food and staying trim. I'm in better shape than all of my peers.
2. It makes you very tolerant of other people and their bents.
3. It's fun.
4. It's fairly inexpensive as hobbies go. Compared to guitar, I've only got a 20th of the cash into it and when I think of all the enjoyment, what a value.
5. You meet unusual and vivid people (here).
6. You are truly a counter culture original. There's lots of people who try to be different. We really are different!
7. It encourages good body movement. You can't walk in heels unless you have pretty good flexibility and mobility in your hips and legs.
8. Baby kittens are attracted to us.
9. It makes you good company to go shopping with.
10. It makes it easier to be a good typist.

It's cold here in Portland too, BTW.

Cassy

Jenniferathome
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM

Centigrade!?!? That's crazy. We're Americans. We prefer a system of measure that makes no sense whatsoever. Water boils at 212 F. Duh. 5,280 feet in mile. Of course! The rest of the world is just lazy using multiples of 10. So unoriginal.

RitaJanelle1964
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Being a crossdresser came in downright handy for me about a decade ago in the aftermath of a big ice storm that knocked out my electricity for over a week. I hadn't done laundry for a few days prior to the blackout, and was obviously unable to during the blackout, so having that "spare" set of underwear in Rita's dresser was a lifesaver! Not to mention warm tights to put on keep from freezing to death...

Amberhea
01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
It was 14 here this morning

NeKoi
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
I agree with stephNE. Somewhat like a motivational factor/excuse to wear leggings and tights.

Side track a little: I'm from a place where the average temperature is about 30C (86F). Too many layers (except for hair) can kill you... XD

Vanessa Amber420
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Today's high was 70 degrees F

Rosabella
02-03-2013, 05:52 PM
I can relate with most of the reasons you came up with. Thank you for putting it into words for me.

1. I've found that it's great for motivating me to be disciplined about eating quality food and staying trim. I'm in better shape than all of my peers.
2. It makes you very tolerant of other people and their bents.
3. It's fun.
4. It's fairly inexpensive as hobbies go. Compared to guitar, I've only got a 20th of the cash into it and when I think of all the enjoyment, what a value.
5. You meet unusual and vivid people (here).
6. You are truly a counter culture original. There's lots of people who try to be different. We really are different!
7. It encourages good body movement. You can't walk in heels unless you have pretty good flexibility and mobility in your hips and legs.
8. Baby kittens are attracted to us.
9. It makes you good company to go shopping with.
10. It makes it easier to be a good typist.

It's cold here in Portland too, BTW.

Cassy

Pantyhose Vicki
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I wear pantyhose or tights all the time under my jeans

Me too!!
Couldn't imagine not wearing womens hosiery.

Sandra1746
02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
I wear tights all the time in cooler weather. Here in MD it was as cold as it was in VA. last week it hit 70 and I thought spring was here! Silly me!!

However I wear tights under my jeans all the time. I even recommended tights to a friend who was on chemotherapy when he was telling how much his legs hurt from the cold and the neuropathy. I pulled up the leg of my jeans to show him; I don't know if he tried it or not.

There's no sense hiding something that is really obvious, and no big deal anyhow.

Stay warm,
Sandra1746

wantstocrossdress
02-04-2013, 02:19 AM
I feel incomplete if I don't wear pantyhose or tights when I dress, so warmer weather is less cross dressing friendly for me. Thank God for air conditioning!

wear sheers my dear in warm/hot weather. like you, i dare not dress up without nylons too. :D it just does not feel right, feels incomplete.