PDA

View Full Version : Denim skirts from pants

Pamela girl
12-05-2005, 04:24 PM
I have seen several skirts that look like the seams of pants that were cut then made into skirts instead of pants. Has anyone done this? If it would work I could use my own shorts to make skirts that would fit at the waist instead of cutting my circulation off:)
Talk about feeling comfy

Julie York
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I've done this. (The desperate measures we go to!)

It works ok but there is a lump bit that needs cutting and redesigning. It is the ass seam that is too large for a 'tube' shape when you unpick everything and also the bottom part of the zip which is also a problem. It takes a bit of creative thinking but yes...it DOES work! I think you need a sewing machine and a bit of an inventive mind but it is possible.

Have fun.:thumbsup:

Sharon
12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Gads, my favorite denim skirt cost me less than $10 (Classic Closeouts). Why go through the bother?

freshfrankie
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Honey,you can buy them inexpensively. Marshalls,TJ max,Boston Proper,Chadwicks and even Victorias Secret on sale or closeout. There comfy and can be very flattering. I also love capri pants. Everyone looks good in capris. We ladies look especailly good.:) Big hugs

Love
Jeannie

Robertacd
12-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Everyone looks good in capris.

:eek:WHAT?:eek:

Both my wife and I agree NOBODY, except for a few of the very cute and skinny little GG's looks good in capri pants.:thumbsdn:

Believe me my wife was horrifed this summer being only able to find short shorts or capri pants in her size.

Adrianne
12-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I love denim skirts and dresses. Also i like denim capris.