PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong!

Foxglove
01-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Hi, Guys and Girls!

I went into town yesterday afternoon. I had several things to do, one of them being to take a skirt with a zip needing repairs to the sewing lady. This was the first time I'd ever taken a female garment to her, but she was very nice, as always. If there's ever been a GG I'd think about trying to model myself on, it would be her--pretty, pleasant, always at ease with herself, thoroughly charming.

Then I went on to the supermarket, the post office, the library and a new little bookshop--which I found closed, despite the fact that it was then quarter past one and the sign on the door said it was open between eleven and three. No surprise in this sleepy little town: announced opening hours are actually more like proposals under consideration.

Eventually I ended up in a café for a cup of tea, which I enjoyed. I left, and I hadn't gone very far when suddenly I said to myself, "Something's wrong! Something's very wrong!" I was sagging badly. "Surely not??!!!"

I could have gone back into the café, but I didn't want to walk through the middle of a crowd, and the library was just as close. So I popped into the loo there. It being a cold day, I was all bundled up, and there was no way I could reach up under all my layers of clothing to do the necessary. I figured it would be easier to strip to the waist, which I proceeded to do, whereupon my worst fears were confirmed: it wasn't just one hook that had come loose. It was both of them.

I have no idea how that happened. It had never happened before. Normally I put the thing on in the morning, and it stays in place, just like God intended it to, until bedtime. I certainly hope it never happens again. I can tell you this, though: it will play havoc with that nice, warm, dainty, lady-like feeling you have inside. (Although maybe it shouldn't. What cisguy has ever had to deal with a problem like that, right?)

Best wishes, Annabelle

Abigail
01-23-2013, 06:11 AM
No way Annabelle, both at the same time, now if it had happened on the other leg too-would have been way to weird lol (was thinking garter, could be bra though come on gal enlighten us)

Foxglove
01-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Sorry, Abigail. It was the bra I was talking about. My fault. I suppose suspenders (a garter belt) could be just as interesting, but I've never worn that type of thing.

Annabelle

suzy1
01-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Have you ever considered lightweight breast forms Annabelle?

Perhaps you can get some filled with helium. Then if the bra fails the boobs will not fall down. [But they might go up I suppose]:heehee:

Abigail
01-23-2013, 09:11 AM

Perhaps you can get some filled with helium. Then if the bra fails the boobs will not fall down. [But they might go up I suppose]:heehee:

Too much helium and she would always be on cloud nine lol

She is anyway:eek:

Sounds like a great place to be

suzy1
01-23-2013, 10:01 AM

She is anyway:eek:

Beverley Sims
01-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Coming from Ireland you are allowed to think that the rest of the world are mind readers.
You explained it yourself in your post.. I quote...
"No surprise in this sleepy little town: announced opening hours are actually more like proposals under consideration."
I wanted to catch the 11am train from Belfast to Dublin. On enquiring I was told the train standing there was actually the 10 am train and if it waited 10 minutes more it would be the 11 AM train as well. Yep the train had broken down and they were fixing it.
In the end we went to Dublin in a grotty 8 car suburban rail car set. This left at 11.30 and we were given free sandwiches for lunch.
Unlike US citizenry, the locals accepted it and did not complain.
You live in a lovely country Annabelle and I hope it stays peaceful.

Cheryl T
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
If both hooks came undone then I would check to see if you are wearing the right size bra. It's highly unusual for both to come open (without a little help... :) )

Foxglove
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM

I think some people may have been sniffing laughing gas. :)

You live in a lovely country Annabelle and I hope it stays peaceful.

Talking about cloud nine and a lovely country (or a lovely town at least)--this is a bit off-topic, but maybe the OP won't complain.

I was back in town this afternoon. I hadn't planned on going in because there wasn't really much of anything I needed. But I like getting out, so I decided to go in and pick up a couple of things.

There was one thing I couldn't find in the supermarket: rubbish bin liners. They had the large and the small, but no medium-size ones. So I went down to the bargain shop to look for those. I couldn't find them, so I got the woman who (along with her husband) owns the place to help me out.

As I was paying her for them, she asked, "You're Annabelle, aren't you?" And when I acknowledged that I was, she said, "You look great! And your colouring is very good." And she actually shook my hand.

At which point, I'm sure my jaw must have been dropping (like my bra yesterday). We didn't have much of a chat because another customer came up, but I did have the time to tell her how good the people of this town have been to me and how grateful I was to them. When I told her how transpeople can get fierce hassles in other places, she looked a bit baffled, as if she was thinking, "Why would anybody want to hassle you?"

I don't understand this town. It's like it's so much in the middle of nowhere that people never got the memo: they don't know they're supposed to hate and despise us.

As you can imagine, I floated back home--maybe I really did get some helium from somewhere.

If both hooks came undone then I would check to see if you are wearing the right size bra. It's highly unusual for both to come open (without a little help... :) )

I did think of that, Cheryl. But I'd say, no, it's the right size. The same size as all the others, and I've never had this problem before. Maybe somebody did give me a bit of help without me being aware of it.

But Beverley, your story about the trains doesn't surprise me at all.

Annabelle

AmyGaleRT
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
You only have two hooks on your bras, Annabelle? Mine all have three or four...:)

- Amy

Foxglove
01-24-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm afraid all I've ever had was two. Should I complain about discrimination?