PDA

View Full Version : Best city for holidaying en femme

linda.wai
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
In my other thread, the responses give me the idea to find out which city in the world is best for holidaying en femme. I suppose the criteria are tolerance, variety of crossdressing culture available, places for visit, weather (proportion of the year which we can wear tank tops and shorts), toilet access and cost.

My own picks are
1. Bangkok
2. Pattaya
3. San Francisco
4. Sydney
5. London

Where else?

Sara Jessica
01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
How can you get any better than fabulous Las Vegas?!?!

MsRenee
01-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Im gonna half to agree Vegas is a very fun place to party. The people here will rarely bat an eye. You can walk into any hotel here and get the full experience of Vegas. You dont have to limit yourself to the alternative lifestyle bars.
Renee

linda.wai
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Im gonna half to agree Vegas is a very fun place to party. The people here will rarely bat an eye. You can walk into any hotel here and get the full experience of Vegas. You dont have to limit yourself to the alternative lifestyle bars.
Renee

Including using lady's bathroom en femme without causing any upsets?
That's only happening in Bangkok, as far as I know..

But yes, Vegas is better than London and Sydney, but still after IMHO Bangkok, Pattaya and San Francisco

Sara Jessica
01-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Why is the restroom the most important litmus test as to where the best place to vacation is? If that is the case, then perhaps a "staycation" in our own homes is the best choice because no one will hassle us there.

Every locality has it's own laws (or lack thereof) which speak to the restroom issue but even in places where the law is either silent or not exclusionary, there is still the chance that any Muggle could make an issue of it.

I'd rather pick a place to go such as Vegas for the reasons Renee describes, that it's simply an absolute blast to be yourself in a city that largely doesn't batt an eye at our tribe.

Beverley Sims
01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Bangkok, Singapore, if you are looking at Asian countries.
Las Vegas, San Francisco, in The US.
London in the UK.
Sydney, Melbourne Australia.
These are the top seven in order I feel, there are others equally accepting in Asia and the US.

AllieSF
01-23-2013, 04:08 PM
I live near San Francisco and my vote is for there. Main reason is that it is a cosmopolitan city with arts, shopping, great wine bars and restaurants, and you can shoot over to Las Vegas for a couple of days if you need that extra level of excitement. My friends and I go wherever, whenever we want with zero issues. Now, it is not tank top and shorts weather very often, but it really does have so much to offer, including a very large dose of tolerance.

Andrea Renea
01-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Vegas baby! Almost anything goes.

Just don't post pictures to Facebook. That violates the Vegas code lol.
Love those TV commercials.

mikiSJ
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
If you are coming to San Francisco, and I really hope you do, DRESS WARM!!!

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco". Mark Twain didn't really say this, but if you have ever had the experience of walking out of a San Francisco concert at midnight in July with only a short sleeve shirt on, you'll immediately understand the wisdom of that old saw.

justmetoo
01-23-2013, 09:47 PM
My top picks would probably include Seattle and Portland, OR (going by places I have actually visited. I can't comment on ones I haven't.) I'm sure it depends on the individual and what they are interested in, the kinds of sights and activities and even weather can make a difference.

joan47
01-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Providence town
New Hope, Pa
Rehobith Beach, Dl
Chicago,
San Francisco
Key West

Michelle (Oz)
01-24-2013, 09:17 AM
I've had great experiences in most major cities in Australia particularly Sydney and Canberra plus Phillidelphia and Atlantic City. That includes no problems with the ladies rest rooms.

Nicole Marie
01-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Or the Frozen Apple today--lol! I can't believe I'm the first person in this thread to recommend New York City! Completely accepting, tons of great places to eat and no better sightseeing for the holidays.

CONSUELO
01-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I've seen that people have named all of the obvious suspects, so here is one from outside the normal traveller' scope -MANCHESTER, UK. It has a gay and TV quarter called the canal district which is very close to the centre of the City. There are hotels in the quarter and several pubs that are full of TV's on certain nights of the week. The people are very pleasant and make you feel completely at ease either in the pubs or clubs and in walking around. Also, Manchester is the home of Transformation and you can go and get a full make over and then go out in the evening with your recent makeup job on. Visiting from overseas; just go online and buy a Brit Rail pass which can cut the cost of train travel and a couple of hours after leaving London on a fast train you are in the centre of Manchester and just a short walk or taxi ride from the quarter. I buy a first class pass which allows unlimited travel for several days. Manchester is also a very lively city for music and the arts. You can also fly directly to Manchester from some US airports.